Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Ah, thanks Pup. I needed that. :D :thankssign
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:59 pm

Hugs, Shann!!! :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:12 pm

Belated Happy Thanksgiving! My sister and b-i-law came over Saturday for the meal. Pretty low-key. These holidays flying by - good, because I can't wait to see Star Wars Force Awakens - maybe not on opening day December 18.
Shann clobbered me in Words with Friends :shock:
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:00 pm

CONGRATULATIONS RACHEL FOR PLACING THIRD IN THE PAGE TURNERS CONTEST! YOU TOTALLY ROCK.

I hope I can read it sometime. It's been awesome watching you grow as a writer. You've always been good, but boy have you blossomed into something beyond amazing. Happy Dance!

And to think, I knew her when she was an illustrator! Teehee
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:54 am

Awww, Shann! Thank you for your continuous encouragement! You were my very first writing mentor. :D I'd be happy to have you read my novel. It has to be finished Dec. 7. Yesterday I learned that my book had won 3rd place in the Page Turner, and that it had also been long-listed for the Caledonia Novel Award! They requested my full manuscript by Dec. 7. I have about 9,000 words to go and then an edit. Whew!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:34 pm

If you'd like me to do a quick edit... Although just a couple a days away might be too tight of a deadline for me. I'm so happy for you!
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:07 pm

RachelM wrote:Awww, Shann! Thank you for your continuous encouragement! You were my very first writing mentor. :D I'd be happy to have you read my novel. It has to be finished Dec. 7. Yesterday I learned that my book had won 3rd place in the Page Turner, and that it had also been long-listed for the Caledonia Novel Award! They requested my full manuscript by Dec. 7. I have about 9,000 words to go and then an edit. Whew!
Type type type typo type type. :mrgreen:

It's a rush, in more ways than one. :rolling
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:35 pm

I'd like to hear feedback/opinions/comments on this from y'all.

Since two of our roommates, Mary and Debbie, have moved out, we've been using their room for storage of our things, including food--though mainly my food, as it seems to be the most targeted--plus pots and pans, the coffeemaker, etc., as well as the upright freezer.
On the floor of the kitchen where the freezer once stood, is a patch of dirt that looks like the left profile of a human skull. CJ and Diane also say that lately they've been seeing faces in the paint patterns, etc. on their bedroom wall, and Diane, who seems to be most sensitive to these things, has been seeing more ghosts, even talking to them. CJ thinks the faces on the walls are those of people who've been ripped off or otherwise harmed in some way in our house.
They also see other faces/skulls in the skull stain mentioned above; I can't. I also don't see faces on the wall.
The last time I made out a face on a wall was when I lived with my family in an old house which had cheap plastic tiles on the hall bathroom wall; it so resembled the face of a young man with lion-like features, especially the mane/hair, it's the source of my Lionman race in my WIP.

What do you think of this?

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:04 pm

DJ... if the roomies are seeing thing...... better have their meds checked. :roll:

You can always see stuff like that, if you look for it. I see faces in trees a lot, but I have always been strange. :mrgreen: I have friends here that accent those supposed faces and bring them out with added paint or even ink pens, just so others can see the same face they do. Odd..... :roll:

Been out the last few days, (not that any would notice) I had a tree fall on the phone line. The storms blowing through here this week have not been nice. Torn roofs, broken trees everywhere, even had a few fires from downed lines. One home just down the road burnt down when a BIG branch hit their stove oil tank. Praise the Lord it didn't explode.

The first of the winter's storms are always rough, but I can get work out of it. So, not all bad, just a little crazier from having no communication for a few days. But just a LITTLE. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Yesterday while mopping the floor, the skull was removed. I mean, it was uncanny how much it resembled a skull. CJ says we all have different things in our gift mix--so she and Diane just might have the spiritual gift of discerning spirits, including seeing them. Frankly, though, I think they also have active imaginations. Nothing wrong with that.

When Debbie and Mary moved out after Thanksgiving, a few days later we lost our satellite TV service, because it was in Debbie's name. Cookie is supposed to be home from the hospital in a few days, and she has a box that gives us basic channels over the air, but the bulk of what I and Lisa watch is satellite TV. I've been looking at options, and neither Redbox or Hulu has what we watch. CuriosityStream looks like an option, since we watch mostly Discovery Channel type stuff, and it was created by the founder of Discovery Channel. More research ahead.

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:07 am

Wow Pup, how scary about the neighbor's house. We have had an incredibly mild winter. It's been in the 50s and they are thinking we might break records this weekend.

I've been quite sick. I'm really battling to stay out of hospital; it's been 19 months! The longest in 25 years and I believe if I can make it to 2016, it will be the third time I've stayed out for a calendar year. I'm just not sure if I can make the next 20 some days.

I always miss you Pup. I'd like to challenge you, Becky, Jay and Dee Jay to enter the new quarter (it'll start in January) at least once. If I can get all four of you to enter, I'll think of some delightful prize. Maybe I'll mail you each a fluffy cat or something. Of course, if you accept my challenges you'll have to listen to my nagging, but if you don't accept, you'll have to listen to my begging. I say pick your poison wisely!

Seriously, I feel God telling me that each of you need to enter. I think it'll be great for you, but even better, I think it'll be great for others. And if I missed someone who feels a need to be nagged, let me make it up to you! :mrgreen:

I've spoken to Leah recently. It was nice to hear from her. I think I half-sleeped texted though so she may be scratching her head. I have missed her. Amy is hanging in there too,

Love ya all bunches, I've been really hurting, and I'd be afraid of giving up if not for the love and support of ya all. You each contribute in a special and valuable way. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :christmas2 :loveyou :grouphug3 :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :christmas2 :loveyou :hugs2 :grouphug :grouphug
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Thats a lot of hugging going on, made my eyes twitch..... :roll:

:heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:59 am

:book2

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:42 am

Glad to see you venturing out on the other threads Pup. I think Wheelie Girl popped in too. So are ya all excited about holidays or do you secretly dread them?

It's going to be fun to have a baby around again. It's been 22 years since Lyd was kicking in my belly. Where does the time go?
Shann

Shann's Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Shann, I would do a challenge but I ran out of the free. I'm not sure I want to update my membership.

The choke of our generator broke; the mechanic put us at the top of the list. We have to overnight the part.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Return to “The Water Cooler”