Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:16 pm

Wheely.. Welcome back.

Jay? That definately sounds like you. :lol:

Rachel.. I knew you would be careful, I was just pointing it out as a reminder. :wink:

Well Shann, and anyone else following the "Dramatic life of Pup" :lol: Work is slowing down some but I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. Yesterday I could have swore they were adding minutes to the clock... it was going soooooo slow. I almost nodded off at work. :shock:

But it is getting better walking on the knee and ankle, and now with the coming of winter... the rainy season... I will be walking even more. And guess what? Tomorrow it is suppose to rain. While I am working. Outside. In the rain. :roll:

Have I told you that with our rain comes wind that blows said rain sideways? :|
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:08 pm

Yesterday after church, I attended a wedding of a couple friends of mine from my church. Since the bride's father had passed away when she was a teen (he was an auto mechanic; while working underneath a car, the jack slipped and the car fell on him). Then her mother remarried, and last year her stepfather died (he'd been helping a friend move some heavy furniture, and the next day died of a heart attack). So one of her brothers and one of her uncles gave her away; when asked, "Who gives this woman?" the brother said in memory of their father, and the uncle said in memory of the stepfather. We went to a very nice restaurant for the reception.

The situation at the house is still a work in progress. Will let you know when/if anything significant happens.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:03 pm

So sad, even for a happy occation. :|

Well, first week of winter rains, wearing a rain suit to work is almost as bad as just getting wet from the rain. At least I am alive to notice. I guess that is a good thing, right?

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:13 pm

Hilary and Heidi left yesterday, taking a bus to Chicago where they have relatives., Mary was going to move out, but decided to stay. We had to call 911 for Lisa the other night, she was shaky, incoherent and unable to walk without assistance. I was told she was like that all day. They took her to Western Medical Center. The paramedics found 2 syringes in her purse. When will she learn?

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:25 pm

Sadly some never do. :(

Had a GOOD rainy day at work today. It was blowing up, down and sideways for nearly three hours. At least it wasn't a heavy rain with big drops, just the thick wet shower. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:21 pm

Seriously, I go on vacation and you all get Chartier than you've been in ages. Good thing I don't have a self-image problem! :?

Actually, it's good to see you all. Hubby and I went on first kidless vacation since our honeymoon. We celebrated our 23 on the 24.we went to Orlando and stopped to see Q on way home.

Still trying to figure out how to get from Q's graduation, hooding ceremony on a Sat at 6 then drive the 800 or so miles to attend Lyd's commencement about 12 hours later. This weekend was a test run. We made it in about 9 hours. The 1500 mile Trek to Orlando was done in record time too. We left at 7 pm and we're checking in around 2 pm the next day.

Sorry to hear of everyone's problems. They never seem to totally go away do they?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:13 pm

Nope. :(

Though sometimes they do tend to slip into the shadows for a time, but they always surface again. Sort of like UFOs. :D

:sorry Couldn't help it.

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by violin4jesus » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:27 am

:tongue HEYA!

Decided to dabble back into writing. Using the NaNoWriMo write-ins to push me. So far we've had three word wars in this write-in which put 628 words on the board for the current Challenge topic. Needs polishing and editing, but maybe it will get me going again. Pretty much done for the night.

Love & miss you guys! I wish I had more time to spend online. Just barely have time to check email and Facebook each day. I mostly just look, though. Not a lot of posting going on.

Hope you have a good night. I'll stop in the next time I write in.

:roll:

deejay

Post by deejay » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Last Monday, we caught the tail end of a Pacific storm, and as I was approaching the house, I saw a blue-white flash light up the clouds in the east, then the power went out. A brave struggle by some power got the lights back on, but seconds later they were out again. It lasted half an hour, so no worries about the contents of the fridge and freezer. We have a gas range--handy to have when power outages hit--but I was going to cook a chicken breast and reheat some left over canned mixed veggies. I decided that it would be better if I had a PBJ sandwich, grape Crystal Light, an apple, and some ice cream for dinner (they're closing down Fresh N Easy because the company ran out of money- :cry: --so I got some of their delicious ice cream--summer peach and wild blueberry). I think what happened was someone forgot how to drive in the rain and hit a pole.

The plan for the house is we're going to pretend to pack up as if to leave, but we're still taking the landlady to court. Debbie says she's leaving at the end of this month, and we're hoping Cookie has good enough credit to take over the satellite TV contract. I need to organize my stuff, anyway, so....

I noticed that Lisa got a copy of the CA driver's handbook, so maybe I can borrow that and get my learner's permit and then my driver's license. I heard Lisa say she was going to get her license even though she doesn't have a car.
Pastor Brian once said in one of his sermons that there's a scene in Back to the Future III where the train Doc and Marty McFly are on is heading straight for a bridge that's supposed to enable them to return to their own time. The bridge, however, has only a couple of ties on the rails, which is dangling over a cliff. They get the train up to maximum speed, and in faith believe that the train will cross the broken rails. As the train's front wheels begin to cross the broken rail, miraculously the rest of the track appears, bridging the chasm and enabling them to return to their own time. Just as they had to cross the broken track, God wants us to do something to get what we need, even if it seems to lead to disaster.
The last time Pastor Brian and Danielle had to move, they were going back and forth with the Realtor, because the seller was hesitant to sell for the amount Pastor could afford. Pastor had set a moving date of Aug. 31st, and packed up. The morning of moving day, he had a few guys from church help him load the moving van they'd rented, and the Realtor called, again unsure of what the seller wanted to do. So Brian and the guys just hung out, played basketball, and generally refused to worry about it. Finally, at 6 p.m., they got the call they'd been waiting for. The offer was accepted, and Brian could finally move his family into their new home.
CJ says she's looking for a real lawyer to represent us, and she's got a ton of dirt on our landlady and the managers of the women's homeless shelter next door, that we came from five years ago. Pray for our success in getting new places to live should this house fail. Because we are prepared for that, but as long as we can stay here, we're staying put.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:04 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Wheely.. Welcome back.

Jay? That definately sounds like you. :lol:

:|
Yes, Pup, I'm a bobble head and of proud it! :roll:

I've having a bloating / gas problem in my tummy. I think it's better but dr has a "nagging" feeling so now I have a CT scan tomorrow afternoon. Not the way I want spend the afternoon :lol: Get this over with.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:28 am

Hi Guys, Gals and pups!

Sorry to hear of all the issues going on.

My best friend got married the beginning of October and the week after the wedding, one of my good friends decided to block me on Facebook for no reason. I guess she's decided she wants nothing to do with me all of a sudden. After that I ended up sick with some nasty bug and fever.

DeeJay's story about a storm coming reminded me of the night before my best friends wedding, we were driving back to her sister's house after the rehearsal dinner and we got caught in a thunderstorm and we saw lighting stretch across the sky in four different directions. It seemed to start in the middle of our view and one bolt stretched out from the middle into four different directions across the sky. It was really neat looking!

Miss you all... especially that pup lol :P :)
Dum Spiro Spero

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi all! Our van got written off when we hit the deer last month. We just bought another yesterday. I'm so glad to have that done!

Leah, good for you for getting writing again! I'm not doing Nano this year. I took a course through Writer's Digest, and I've been working very hard on my current novel, though. My goal is to write 600 words per day and be finished my book by Dec 6.

Shann, that's a crazy amount of driving!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Ooooo a fly-by Leah sighting AND the Kiddo. Life is good :mrgreen:

Now if I could just get passed the block and write something again myself. :(

JesusPuppy Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:52 pm

Thanks for dropping by Becky, Leah, and Rachel. Rachel I miss your blogs.

My CT scan with contrast went smoothly. I can't believe the nurse got a vein on first poke for the IV! Praise God!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Wow! I'm really having a bit of a self-esteem issues, I go in hiding and so many pop back in! I was laid up this week recovering from trip and ended up with pleurisy. I eventually went to doctor who thought it might be a pulmonary embolism so sent me to hospital for tests.(Jay I had CT scan with contrast and can understand your joy at them getting I on the first poke. I'm a tough stick too. It took them at least 5 times before they got one in my foot.) Turns out no blood clot nor pneumonia, but had a really rough week.

I'm so glad to see so many of my old friends and my heart hurts with your hurts and rejoices with the good too. I hope you'll all keep coming back even if I do pop in once in a while. :? :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to “The Water Cooler”