Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Calico are multi-colored cats with the main color being white, so it doesn't fit and tortie's main color is black or gray, so that doesn't fit either. :tongue

I live about 2 hours South of Niagara Falls. When Amy and her parents came out here, they went to the Falls and on the way back to MD. They stopped and had lunch with me.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:41 pm

AnneRene', I so love your animal videos, especially of the 1 cat helping the other. On "America's Funniest Videos", I've gotten onto the habit of counting the cat/kitten videos!! :wink: :lol: :rolling
Shann, you're right about calicoes. I've owned one; sadly she passed away 6 years at the age of 21 years. :(
I had her since she was 6 weeks old. She was so lovely--someday, I'll share her photo with all of ya.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:42 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Not sure on counters, ShortStuff used to have one I think, maybe she can tell you. If not check with the RedBaron..... she knows everything. :wink:

Jay? Final Fantasy is more battle related but as I said way cool graphics. I have seen #7 "Advent Children", and "Spirit Within" which is #11, I think. Tried to find some of the others but all I come across are the Japanese TV version, not the HD 3D of the movies. Did you ever see the Old animated Lord of the Rings from 1978? That was state of the art back then, video games have better graphics these days.

Okay I will tell on myself here... My favorite cartoon series......... Kim Possible. :roll:

I know I know, but a crime fighting, red headed, teen cheerleader? :wink:
You rang? Sorry I've been absent from the boards recently. Hope all of you are doing well! I don't have much time to catch up with things, but.... SHANN! How exciting!! :D

As far as count downs, go here! http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/t ... signer.php

I've got to tell you all about my weekend.

I had an INCREDIBLE weekend this past weekend. I was helping out with the Downstate Illinois InterVarsity (IV) Fall Conference. I was on the prayer team, which was really cool. There were over 300 students there. Each student chose a "track" to study, which were basically breakout sessions. There really wasn't a main speaker, because at IV conferences, the tracks are quite intense, and I think they don't want to overwhelm everyone. Like in depth, inductive studies of I Thesselonians, and ones on "transformational Discipleship" and other such things. "Inductive Bible Study" is a Bible Study method where there really aren't any set questions. You ask questions of the text, observe the text to look for patterns, repeated themes/words, go back to the text to answer the questions, and then find ways of application. So the main sessions consist of singing with 300+ college students in multiple languages. And despite the fact that it is all college students, save the volunteers, the worship iwas not too loud, and you could actually hear everyone singing. It was pretty incredible.

Anyway, as a member of the prayer team, we spend our "track" time walking around to the student tracks and praying for the students in each track, usually just standing silently and/or observing, occasionally talking to the leader of the track to ask for specific requests.

Since we got to see ALL the tracks, I think the prayer team had a really unique overall view that no one else really got. Most people only got to see what was happening in their own tracks.

Saturday night was the "Call to commitment" during the corporate worship service. As a prayer team, we were able to lay hands on and pray for the guy giving the invitation. And even though I know that the physical laying on of hands makes no real difference to God and that He can work the same with or without the physical laying on of hands, there is something so incredibly powerful about that method of prayer. So that was pretty much amazing. As we finished praying, one of the guys in the prayer group said "Knock 'em alive!" He said "Well, given the context, 'Knock 'em dead' didn't seem very appropriate..." :lol:

God was at work! Four known new lives in Christ, a couple of rededications, and quite a few who were Christians, but made a commitment to be part of God's work. As I said, it was pretty incredible, and I already can't wait to go back next year!

*whew* That got long. :lol:
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:21 pm

Praising the Lord with you on the outcome of the gathering. Sounds like you had a blast.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:21 am

Hi guys!

Allison, I was uplifted reading your account of being so filled with the Joy of the Lord and how beautiful it is when we share ourselves with other Christians in the teamwork of ministry! Amen and Amen!

AND as or you missy Shannikins....you ARE "mostly" all white, add your red hair and a few black strands of black hair and VOILA....calico! So there!

My computer needs help. I posted yesterday and lost it :( Gonna have my son-n-law look at it when he has time.

And, yep...those kittens were adorable. Unbelievable how the one PULLED the cat house out of the way.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:44 am

This kitten is the spittin image of my little master meesoe. He has mancoon in him and sleeps with me like this while kneeding my back. OR he faces me and wraps one paw around my neck and pats my face with the other one. Totally adorable!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Yeah....... cats can be strange. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Allison, your weekend sounds awesome! Q would love to do stuff like that. When is the next Urbana? He's been busy being the youth director at a church in NC. He has another year before he gets his master's but is exploring and praying where God wants him. He loves Durham. Unfortunately because of Duke, it's not easy to get into that conference. He thought he wanted to do camp ministry, but now he feels like God might be directing him towards stuff like the logistics of a retreat or conference. One of the things he loved about Urbana was the logistics. He was impressed at how they managed to organize thousands of people, many workshops and keep it all on time.

I was super excited to see Shelley enter the challenge. She's one of the many people I've missed. I'm so impressed with her entry as we're the judges seeing it ranked number 1 overall. Check it out :
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49708

Allison did an awesome job too. Check it out:
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49729
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:26 am

Shann wrote:Allison, your weekend sounds awesome! Q would love to do stuff like that. When is the next Urbana? He's been busy being the youth director at a church in NC. He has another year before he gets his master's but is exploring and praying where God wants him. He loves Durham. Unfortunately because of Duke, it's not easy to get into that conference. He thought he wanted to do camp ministry, but now he feels like God might be directing him towards stuff like the logistics of a retreat or conference. One of the things he loved about Urbana was the logistics. He was impressed at how they managed to organize thousands of people, many workshops and keep it all on time.

I was super excited to see Shelley enter the challenge. She's one of the many people I've missed. I'm so impressed with her entry as we're the judges seeing it ranked number 1 overall. Check it out :
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49708

Allison did an awesome job too. Check it out:
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49729
The next Urbana is Dec. 27-31, 2015, in St. Louis, MO. So not this year, but next.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:30 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Yeah....... cats can be strange. :mrgreen:

If by strange you mean cute, adorable and precious....then ok, strange works.

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Awwww, kitty lineup! Not a purr pile, because they'd have to be, well, in a pile!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:35 am

AnneRene' wrote:If by strange you mean cute, adorable and precious....then ok, strange works.
And sneaky. You forgot sneaky.
:tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Wow, I just love that kitten line up! MEGA adorable!!
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:34 pm

You're going to love this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06GhXB2_XNE
RIP Colonel Meow, the tall, angry-looking long-haired gray cat; Guinness Book of Records holder for Longest Fur (9"). Check his Facebook page.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:44 pm

Anybody home..? or.... has a cat got your tongue? :rolling

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”