Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:16 pm

AnneRene' wrote:you're not alone pup..I'm "mama holly" to my friends kids. treat 'em like my own! if I don't, some are "challenging" to be around. :roll: and yep, that kitten is so cute, just want to reach inside the screen and snuggle it under my chin!

shannikins, I would love to see a pic of phin too. how about the rest of you? got critters? post pics if u do. I'd love to see them too.

okay, how about amykins. what's going on in her life? I do remember she had a long distance relationship with a pretty special someone. and here I go again...how about our friend in, in, um, well somewhere way far away, not Russia but somewhere that made me think of Russia anyway. she had a farm and the winters were brutal. ring any bells? oh, and she used purple font too, so I started using hot pink. you think u got memory problems shannikins...I'm taking the cake here. :roll:

btw...before I go now....pup, about that carpet slug....a real one?

gotta go peeps...tty'all later!
She's been away too long and forgot who she was talking too. I'm lucky to have pics on my camera, let alone the computer, let alone alone this page Seriously? Man the computer and camera would be air born out the window (the glass one) in a matter of minutes if I tried that. Tho he does look a bit like the Pom you posted only cream and taller. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm about to watch a documentary on Obama. It would be a good scary movie right before halloween (can't until swalloween is over). :clap

I'm catching up on the animation movies. Epic, Ratatouille, and Frozen were awesome! I was enjoying Brave until it stopped working. I'm watching a cartoon series called Redwall; it's pretty good and any kid would like it. It's on youtube.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:20 pm

Had that was funny Jay. Though I thought all you West coasters were Democrats. :mrgreen: I need to get informed about who to vote for. We have a gubernatorial election and I have no idea who I even remotely want to vote for. I'm thinking of closing my eyes and picking. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I like the animated or Pixar movies too. I've seen Frozen which is cute. Monsters Ins is my favorite, though I haven't seen the second one yet. I saw Ratitouee too, but not the others. Finding Nemo is another one of my favorites.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:25 pm

OOoo Cartoons. Love 'em. Ice Age, Cars, Dinosaur, Madagascar, Incredibles, Treasure Planet, Over the Hedge, How to train your Dragon, Monsters and Aliens (of course), Croods, and of course my personal favorites at the moment, Flushed Away and Wreck it Ralph. Land before time was good, except in the later ones they do all the singing... total kid shows. (Shann would love them. :P ) But if you want GOOD animation, Final Fantasy 7- Advent Children. Way cool graphics.

But I like the newer mixed stuff too, like Lord of the Rings and Avitar. The new one, Maleficent is very well done graphics, and the story line is not bad either. Sad, but good.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:00 pm

Oh good grief, I live in a world full of nerds, but I love ya all!! :love2
Shann

Shann's Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:10 pm

Shann wrote:Oh good grief, I live in a world full of nerds, but I love ya all!! :love2
She love us nerds! :thumbs :clap :rockon Oh the democrats are concentrated in Seattle, western Washington and California. lol
JesusPuppy wrote:OOoo Cartoons. But if you want GOOD animation, Final Fantasy 7- Advent Children. Way cool graphics.

But I like the newer mixed stuff too, like Lord of the Rings and Avitar. The new one, Maleficent is very well done graphics, and the story line is not bad either. Sad, but good.
Pup, I'm glad you enjoy cartoons like me! I love Cars and Wall-e! Planes, Tangled, Antz and A Bug's Life, Ice Age are a few of my favs. Thanks, I'll have to watch Final Fantasy 7.

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:15 pm

So will one of you nerds help me with getting one of those countie thingies at the bottom of the page? It's not FB official, but it's okay to tell my dear FW friends that in May, M and Andy are gonna make me a Grandma! Talk about Happy Dance!! :superhappy
Shann

Shann's Profile

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:27 am

Gotta say, I love the animated films too! The Ice Age movies get my laughing every time. Hoodwinked is a lot of fun. :)
Shann wrote:
Today is better, I hope...Rachel's number one challenge story blew me away! If you haven't read it yet...
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49690
Awww, thanks, Shann! Your encouragement is such a blessing to me! This story is part of the novel that I'm going to write for NaNoWriMo this year. I really don't have a plan for it, just a vague idea of where it's going. I'm excited to try writing a sci-fi novel. :)

Yipee! Yay!!! Whooohoooo! :superhappy :party I'm so happy for you that you have a grandbaby on the way! Congratulations, Shann!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:35 am

Not only are you talented, but as sweet as can be Rachel! I wish you could illustrate my next picture book. How busy is your daughter?
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:09 pm

Not sure on counters, ShortStuff used to have one I think, maybe she can tell you. If not check with the RedBaron..... she knows everything. :wink:

Jay? Final Fantasy is more battle related but as I said way cool graphics. I have seen #7 "Advent Children", and "Spirit Within" which is #11, I think. Tried to find some of the others but all I come across are the Japanese TV version, not the HD 3D of the movies. Did you ever see the Old animated Lord of the Rings from 1978? That was state of the art back then, video games have better graphics these days.

Okay I will tell on myself here... My favorite cartoon series......... Kim Possible. :roll:

I know I know, but a crime fighting, red headed, teen cheerleader? :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:24 pm

It's the red hair! If you'd met me in the day Pup...okay never mind, don't want to think about it. I'm afraid of dogs! Though now that I can appreciate my red hair it's turning other colors. Seriously, some are still red, some are black (go figure), some are brown, some are grey, and some are white!
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Not ALL Californians are Democrats! I live in California, and I'm a Republican! So There!

We had a really good rain last night and this morning. Thankfully I was home when it started. I was out waiting for the bus this morning, and it rained again! Luckily I grabbed a jacket!
We had the most beautiful rainbow this morning at 8 a.m.! I got one of my roomies to take pictures of it.

We didn't have many trick-or-treaters last night; for the first time in 4 years, we had candy left over! Usually we run out after the first hour!

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:54 pm

deejay wrote:Not ALL Californians are Democrats! I live in California, and I'm a Republican! So There!
I didn't say ALL Californians are democrats, I said democrats are concentrated in California. I'm a Californian by the way.
Shann wrote:So will one of you nerds help me with getting one of those countie thingies at the bottom of the page? It's not FB official, but it's okay to tell my dear FW friends that in May, M and Andy are gonna make me a Grandma! Talk about Happy Dance!! :superhappy
Congratulations, Shann! I can figure out that countdown thingy for you. Where do you want it?
JesusPuppy wrote: Did you ever see the Old animated Lord of the Rings from 1978? That was state of the art back then, video games have better graphics these days.

Okay I will tell on myself here... My favorite cartoon series......... Kim Possible. :roll:

I know I know, but a crime fighting, red headed, teen cheerleader? :wink:
I saw the LOFTR cartoon. I haven't seen Kim Possible, but I agree: who can go wrong.

Rachel, that was a pretty good story you wrote.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:49 am

Shann wrote:It's the red hair! If you'd met me in the day Pup...okay never mind, don't want to think about it. I'm afraid of dogs! Though now that I can appreciate my red hair it's turning other colors. Seriously, some are still red, some are black (go figure), some are brown, some are grey, and some are white!
Okie dokie missy shannikins....u walked into this one....you now have an "official"....all your own nickname and it is Calico. The grey ones don't count.

Good to see you Jabybird...I also like animated kids movies....in fact....I've been wanting to get the 700 clubs's "Superbook" series. It's all biblical tales and SO well done. Frozen was adorable!

Hi to y'all....trying to get ready for work and just not feeling it! :(
Calico....my heart goes out to you on whatever it was you said about everything being pretty heavy...I've been struggling with just about the same feelings but keep moving forward and persevering in God's sufficient grace to get me up, over and thru it.

Adios for now guys....tty'all later.

Oh Pooh!...I just made my screen go full size and don't know how to undo it....have to come back and post some pics.

:D

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:14 pm

btw calico... :mrgreen: how far r u from niagra falls? I have a friend who lives there? also, CONGRATULATIONS on pending Grannyhood! How exciting...that alone should be an overwhelming uplift.

Return to “The Water Cooler”