Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 am

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:02 pm

OOooo Mr Spock as a squirrel. Cool.

Been raining the last few days, so I haven't been doing much, watched videos and SLEPT. Did my laundry. Checked one job out. Lawn care, in the winter here that means storm damage and flood prevention, but the woman I talked to said she will be needing help. I will wait for the phone call, but not hold my breath to hard.

Bubbles...? Of course she was a REAL carpet slug, and cute as can be. :mrgreen:

Though her parents thought she was more of a wiggle worm than a slug. I use to think they came to the store in the evenings just to take a break from the kid. Always moving. Her mom once told me that they had lost her for almost an hour. It was back when she was just a few months old, and had first started to crawl, well wiggle. They had called in the neighbors to help look. They were so frantic they even called the Police. They found her (the police)... under the sofa. :lol:

Mom had laid her down with a bottle, in the middle of the living room floor, with the normal pillow barricade surrounding her. Figuring she had a few minutes, mom tried starting a load of dishes. Two minutes tops. She could see the child clearly from where she was so it actually took just a few seconds. Apparently, the child lost hold of her bottle, then rolled over, climbed the barricade and took off in pursuit, pushing it in front of her as she wiggled after it.

I can see the not-standing-still part now, even at three that kid could drive me into the ground trying to keep up, but at that ^ age, when I got to see her she was always so still, sitting there smiling peacefully in my arms. It wasn't until later that I had to worry... when she figured out I would chase her if she ran. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:09 pm

RachelM wrote:I submitted my challenge entry--with about 8 minutes to spare!

Deejay, you're making me hungry! That's awesome your're buying Christmas gifts through Samaritan's Purse. The gifts go to people in third-world countries, right?

AneeRene, those ducklings make me think of my mom. She loved her ducks! Would even pack them around her yard like a cat! :D
Yes, Rachel, to places where the Gospel has not yet been preached. Check out their website sometime. I just realized I forgot to get something in honor of my stepmom! Oh, well, when I get home tonight from the library, that can be corrected.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:30 am

Pup, now that it's over....that's pretty funny about slug making it under the couch. My brother had the same thing happen only his son was about 1 1/2 and climbed under a bed and got up into the slats and fell asleep. The police found him. :)

DJ, you're a real die hard entering the challenge with only 8 minutes left on the clock! What level are you in, I'll try to find the "frantic one". :mrgreen:

Well, y'all have a pleasant, happy and blessed sunday. I have to take 2 of my kittens to an adoption event at Petco. :( But it's gotta be done. Although, they are both black and we're overloaded with black kittens.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 am

WHOA! Talk about a die hard...now this is determination mixed with strength and agility!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:51 pm

Gotta be an alien, only they would be odd enough to have a basket on the front of their bike. Too old fashioned. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:08 pm

I can just picture that person, repeating to themselves, "I can do this, I can do this" OR the 5-finger prayer: "I can all things, through Christ who strengthens me."
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:30 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Pup, now that it's over....that's pretty funny about slug making it under the couch. My brother had the same thing happen only his son was about 1 1/2 and climbed under a bed and got up into the slats and fell asleep. The police found him. :)

DJ, you're a real die hard entering the challenge with only 8 minutes left on the clock! What level are you in, I'll try to find the "frantic one". :mrgreen:

Well, y'all have a pleasant, happy and blessed sunday. I have to take 2 of my kittens to an adoption event at Petco. :( But it's gotta be done. Although, they are both black and we're overloaded with black kittens.

Uh, AnneRene, I'm not the one entering the Challenge, it was the person who asked me about Operation Christmas Child.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:23 pm

OH MY GOSH....I'm getting Shannikins-syndrome! :heehee :heehee

Thanks DeeJay!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:09 am

Hey....doesn't ANYONE want to play?

ok....mes will just play by meself.

deejay

Post by deejay » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:47 pm

I love kitties! The tuxedo with the dog--"Leave me alone or I'll boop your face! BOOP!" Mackerel tabby with ball--"I can't seem to spin this ball with my back feet. Oh noes, my feets are getting tired!"

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:08 pm

A morning I was busy with storm-damage and Bubbles popped in. :lol:

They were saying we had gusts up to 90mph. I don't think it was quite that bad but it was rough there for a bit. I got three jobs out of the mess, soooo..... First of the winter storms is a goner, and I am blessed. May not be full time work but it is good.

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Last night while eating dinner--a reheated piece of pizza , specifically chicken BBQ from Trader Joe's--I snapped off a corner of a front tooth; didn't realize it until later. The weird part is, it feels like my upper lip is sticking to it.
Later on that night, I was eating a blueberry bagel with cream cheese, and bit my tongue. And I mean, it started to bleed. Now I have a broken tooth on one side, and a sore tongue on the other.
Because the study I'm in is blinded, meaning they know which drug I'm getting but I don't, I'm waiting until after the study is over before going to the dentist. I'd like to go to my own dentist, but he's not on Cal-Optima, and I can't afford to pay to have this fixed--or any of the other things I got going on in my mouth fixed, for that matter.
I hate having to change doctors and dentists--the history taking is a real drag.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:22 am

Oh DeeJay...what a bummer about your tooth AND tongue, but being honest...you made me giggle. :heehee And, yeah....taking a medication but not knowing what it is could definitely be a hindrance for your dentist.

And Pup...I'm actually a little envious about your storm damage...I mean, we can't even get sprinkles around here. However, tomorrow is promising at the moment for substantial rain. It's just that is always seems to be "oops" from the weather people..."it fell apart before reaching us." Well, we'll know tomorrow. I'm glad you got work out of it...those winds are scary sometimes. Glad trees didn't go down on any houses or apartments, or did they? My ex gets a lot of work around here too, WHEN it storms.

Well, gotta git busy with getting outta here. tty'all later!

Stay safe pup!

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:11 pm

AnneRene' wrote:OH MY GOSH....I'm getting Shannikins-syndrome! :heehee :heehee

Thanks DeeJay!
Seriously??? I go away for a few days and this is what I get???
I've been in a dark place. Totally overwhelmed in all areas and feeling inadequate.

Today is better, I hope...Rachel's number one challenge story blew me away! If you haven't read it yet...
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49690
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to “The Water Cooler”