Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:51 am

Pup, who are these munchkins that are so richly blessing your life? Where'd they come from? Are you a blood related uncle and if so...your brother or sister? This Inquiring mind wants to know. :) Last I was around, I thought you had some family here and there but didn't realize any in your neck of the woods. You always used to say you need to get a life outside of Dr. Who. This does my heart good 'cuz having family is so important. Even and sometimes "especially" when they are family of the heart with no blood ties.

Ok, this weather thingy in California is getting troublesome! Our much needed rain is now only "possibly" sprinkles in the afternoon. If we have a dry winter, this will make it a 4 year drought here. Total bummer! :(

And Beckykins....where's those pics of muffin and cinnamon. I like reeeeally want to see the adorable little critters.

Well, time to go feed my critters and be off to work. TTY'AL...L

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi to all! It's a Monday--ugh! Fortunately,for moi, I don't go any where to work, per-say, just to my lovely desk, and start laboring with my story.
Shann, you asked about my "human name". . .well, not to sound overly mysterious, but I prefer to keep it relatively 'hush hush', so if any one IS super curious, please PM me, and I'll spill any "state secret"!! :lol: :lol:
I hope every one has a great Monday, I hope to have one, as well!!
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Bubbles? Too long of an answer, I will Email it. You still at comcast?
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Wheelygirl58, Is. 40:30-31(NIV) is one of my "life verses" too. *points to signature* that and I Peter 5:7 (NKJV). "...casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:53 pm

I love the fact that the verse has one of my many favorite critters in it--the eagle.When our Lord created them, He knew a great many of His two-legged creations would love them, as well.There are alot of other species of critters I just love.
I plan on changing the verse 'signature' every couple of months, other life verses of mine.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:40 am

Okay... back to Bubbles. Love the kitten by the way. Too cute.

And yeah, Tino does good not showing if he is jealous, but sometimes it shows through. I am use to it actually, my own brother was real bad. I always thought it was part of my curse, always wanting kids but never able to have them. So, I adopt other peoples kids. It's funner that way. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:43 am

you're not alone pup..I'm "mama holly" to my friends kids. treat 'em like my own! if I don't, some are "challenging" to be around. :roll: and yep, that kitten is so cute, just want to reach inside the screen and snuggle it under my chin!

shannikins, I would love to see a pic of phin too. how about the rest of you? got critters? post pics if u do. I'd love to see them too.

okay, how about amykins. what's going on in her life? I do remember she had a long distance relationship with a pretty special someone. and here I go again...how about our friend in, in, um, well somewhere way far away, not Russia but somewhere that made me think of Russia anyway. she had a farm and the winters were brutal. ring any bells? oh, and she used purple font too, so I started using hot pink. you think u got memory problems shannikins...I'm taking the cake here. :roll:

btw...before I go now....pup, about that carpet slug....a real one?

gotta go peeps...tty'all later!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 am

HEY!

HEY!

WAKE UP EWES GUYS!

This is getting like...boring!

[/b]0]

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:30 pm

I so love the yawning critters video, it got me yawning, hugely!! :lol: :sleep

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:55 pm

wheelygirl58 wrote:I so love the yawning critters video, it got me yawning, hugely!! :lol: :sleep
I'm yawning now too! :D

Pup, I love to hear the stories of those kiddos!

Shann, I'm doing my bit to make you happy. :wink: I'll be posting my challenge entry tonight after another run through it. I'm hoping I don't miss any typos! I'm not sure if it's too graphic for FW. I guess we'll see. :shock:
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm sorry I don't have a picture but I do have a video. But I don't think a video would load here so that's not possible...
Dum Spiro Spero

deejay

Post by deejay » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Well, I'm at the research center again for my next-to-last overnight stay. This time I made sure to drink plenty of water, and so far the staff have had very little trouble doing my blood draws.

Breakfast was a small English muffin with egg, cheese and Canadian bacon, vanilla yogurt with granola, a fruit cup, a peanut granola bar and grape juice.
Lunch was a croissant sandwich, assembly required, with Black Forest ham, Swiss cheese, mayo, mustard, lettuce and tomato, green salad with dressing, honeydew melon, potato chips (surprise number one!) and vanilla ice cream (surprise number two!) coffee and water.
Dinner was meatloaf with mushrooms and gravy with rice, a small tomato-rosemary roll with butter, mild salsa with red/white/blue tortilla chips, salad with dressing, orange cake with vanilla frosting, and water. No snacks this time, either.

Tomorrow I have to run home, unpack, grab the pre-packed lunch in the fridge, eat breakfast, and take off for work. Next Monday I come in for blood pressure check, then in November one last time for the ABPM, then my last overnight, and that's it.

I've gotten the Samaritan's Purse Christmas catalog, and have picked out gifts for each member of my family--oops, forgot my dear stepmom! But that's an easy fix. Three gifts will be memorial gifts--one each for mom, dad, and my older sister Susan. C.J. said don't get individual gifts, get gifts for the house. So I have a few picked out, just have to wait until the end of November to do my shopping and actual buying.

My church isn't doing either a Harvest Festival this year, or Operation Christmas Child. This weekend, we'll be re-opening our Life Center, with possible coverage by our local newspaper, a food truck, etc.. For Christmas we'll be helping out families in need. Bugs me we're not doing OCC, but with the money from this study, I can have my own OCC! I checked the site, and they let you do boxes online year-round!

Well, I'm getting tired and it's getting late. Night-night.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:02 am

Hi DeeJay, sounds like you have a lot going on. Good for you! I checked out the Samaritan's Purse....awesome gifting idea! The entire Graham family are such a blessing to this world.

Well Shannikins, even tho I didn't make the challenge, I'm proud to say I did get three whole paragraphs done. :mrgreen: Hey...it's a start.

As for the rest of you sleepyheads...hope all is well.

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:03 am

I submitted my challenge entry--with about 8 minutes to spare!

Deejay, you're making me hungry! That's awesome your're buying Christmas gifts through Samaritan's Purse. The gifts go to people in third-world countries, right?

AneeRene, those ducklings make me think of my mom. She loved her ducks! Would even pack them around her yard like a cat! :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:31 am

:heehee :heehee
RachelM wrote:I submitted my challenge entry--with about 8 minutes to spare!

Deejay, you're making me hungry! That's awesome your're buying Christmas gifts through Samaritan's Purse. The gifts go to people in third-world countries, right?

AneeRene, those ducklings make me think of my mom. She loved her ducks! Would even pack them around her yard like a cat! :D
Oh my gosh....my mom did too! :) She especially liked her geese. I picked this pick to make everyone to shiver and wakeup!!! K....gotta get outta here, I was reading some emails and saw your post...it made my day! Thank you!!!!

Oh, and Beakers...does your phone have a camera? If so, you can email it to yourself and then download it here.

K....adios amigos/amigas

PS...I used this ultra light font to irritate everyone who hasn't posted (and you know who you are), so they would complain and POST! :heehee

Return to “The Water Cooler”