Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:08 am

b24bomb wrote:I submitted.

:hide
I haven't slept more than an hour or two each night this week, so try as I might I can't think of anything smart to say. Usually I'm full of wit, but today zippo--did you submit a blood sample, :mrgreen: or perhaps you meant that you've submitted that I'm the Queen of wit (does that make any sense? :?), oh wait perhaps you submitted a challenge entry? :superhappy
Since this week is to write an article of humor, I better wait until I sleep more before I try. :sorry

I am excited that you are able to share your writing once more. I still have my dream that all of us wacky ones here at the Rest Stop will all enter in one week and all comment on each other's pieces. Since Lauren started the ball rolling, what say you all? Of course if it was a blood test she submitted there's no way I'll ever get Pup to join in. Probably won't be able to convince the stubborn ole goat to enter the challenge. :tongue (Don't tell him I said that!) :tongue :tongue <3
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:25 am

Jay, Lauren, Pup, Holly, Rachel, and Becky all on the same page! Who could ask for anything more? (Other than me) I'd love to see leah, Barb, Seema, Shelley, BusBoss, Tiara, I've (did I miss anyone?)
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Rebecky » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:42 am

oh my gosh! Pup! did you see what Shann said about you?! OOOoooooo

:mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:48 am

I said I was happy to see him, troublemaker! :tongue :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou

And maybe I called him an ole goat. Shhh I said don't tell him geesh can't keep anything a secret here :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:00 pm

Shann wrote:
And maybe I called him an ole goat. Shhh I said don't tell him geesh can't keep anything a secret here :tongue
what was that? He's an ole goat? :o
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:07 pm

It's Okay she is only telling the truth. I cope with my oldness, 355 now, and it don't look like I will be getting younger any time soon. Even with regeneration I would still be 355. Its a good age. Its a young age. Compared to the infinity of eternity, I am still a little Puppy. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:21 pm

Puppy? You 355? Duh!! I I just now got that!! Hey, I'm only operating with 3 cups of mildly strong java :roll: Sadly, I don't get to brew my own, since residing in an assisted living facility. There are vastly worse places to live!! :(
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Beckykins....it's me, it's me, it's me...like 4 real! Geesh, you have a lot of weight u r carrying with your beloved grandparents. You r definitely a blessing to them, EVEN tho your grandma yelled at you. It goes with the territory of people not feeling well or even realizing what they did or how it made u feel, OR, none of the above and they just need to be ugly for a moment and count on always being forgiven. :roll: I do that "rarely" :lol: Bottom line...getting older just plain 'ole bites. As for me, I'm holding at 29. Yep. Don't look in mirrors and make anyone and everyone go ahead of me when there's stairs to climb.

Now, as for being the maid of honor for your best friend....that is totally bitchen! Now don't anyone get excited or faint....it's ole surfer lingo from my high school days. And yorkies are adorable! post pics when you can of both muffin and cinnamon.

Pup....you like totally made me lol on your boss with braces. I'm right there with you on work biting. I enjoy caregiving for the most part, but man oh man...there are some serious downsides at time. BUT...just keeping reminding myself how grateful I am to have a paycheck.

Well, I lost this post once, so gonna go. Go and find something interesting, healthy and yummy to eat that won't add more curves to my womanly figure.

Luv & Hugs guys!

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:56 am

Oh yeah Becky I meant to do my happy dance for you about being in your friends wedding. Since I'm in the same decade agewise as the ole goat... I tend to forget way too easily. So.... Happy Dance!! I hear weddings are a great place to meet your true love. I met mine at a wedding... Of course it was my wedding and wasn't the first time we met :? Teehee
Shann

Shann's Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:54 am

:D
Shann wrote:Oh yeah Becky I meant to do my happy dance for you about being in your friends wedding. Since I'm in the same decade agewise as the ole goat... I tend to forget way too easily. So.... Happy Dance!! I hear weddings are a great place to meet your true love. I met mine at a wedding... Of course it was my wedding and wasn't the first time we met :? Teehee

Shannikins...ewes funny! Speaking of funny....working on a story but so far I got nothing! I want to help fulfill your dream so we will see. It's hard (as you all know, to get back into the swing of things! :)
As for the ole' goat and the troublemaker, you too, have a full plate!

:mrgreen:

Whoa....it's so winding here that dead pine needles and leaves are consuming my coffee cup. Best be getting on inside. tty'all later.

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm still around. :) Just haven't posted much or had much to say. That's all.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:24 pm

I knew I was forgetting someone important. :sorry
Shann

Shann's Profile

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Shann wrote:I knew I was forgetting someone important. :sorry
*snickers* Hehe It seems like when I post things about being "back" or "here," you seem to think it's because you've "forgotten" me and I'm NEVER thinking about you not mentioning me. I promise.

I know you can't actually forget me. How about we make a deal? If I don't see my name in some list you've made of people who stop by, I'll just assume the cyber monkeys came by and had a bit of a snack. Not your fault! :lol:
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:10 am

CYPBER-MONKEYS....thaaaat's why mes hasn't been around for so long but they swore me to secrecy and threatened to take others if I said anything. But since the cat...I mean monkeys are outta the bag, oh well! Thanks Allison!

Btw...what about our little friend in Thailand....YEP, can't even remember her name :roll:

K....off to work. Enjoy this wonderful autumn-time peeps. Although, it's still been HOT in my neck of the woods and mes hates it. However, it suppose to rain this week....YAY! There's a big debate amongst "weather people" on whose gonna get the rain from el nino this year, northern or southern California. Hope we both get "equal" amounts. The mudslide tho are gonna be a problem for both. :( PRAY, PRAY, PRAY for us.

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Here is my 10 cents [inflation, ya know!!]--you all make this Wheelygirl laugh to herself in her room nearly every day! :thankssign :thankssign :clap :clap
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

Return to “The Water Cooler”