Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by jaybird » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Shann, I'll keep you in mind in 2 months to take a look at my story. I'm working on the next draft anyway and decided on a better ending.
Someone said the spell check was a toy invented by a Microsoft writer who was showing off or something like that.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:12 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:I miss every body, mostly because they are all asleep when I am active. :roll:
Yeah. Well. Not all the time. :P Doctor Who will do that to ya, I'm finding out...lol

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:22 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
b24bomb wrote:
Shann wrote:You're very welcome! I was once told that all great people are born in September. :mrgreen:
Yes. Yes, we were. :wink:
Yeah yeah... but the BETTER ones were all born in February. :mrgreen:
Ewes all wrong...It's March. :mrgreen:

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:38 pm

If the woman is definitely sure she is done having kids they would tie the tubes during a C-section. If you have a vaginal delivery the do it the next day through a laproscope so it's really minimal scarring. They only need a band-aid to cover the incision.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:35 pm

OOooooo Bubbles oooooOO

Don't you even think about running off, you get back here right now Missy. Too long since your last visit. What's life doing to you?
b24bomb wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:I miss every body, mostly because they are all asleep when I am active. :roll:
Yeah. Well. Not all the time. :P Doctor Who will do that to ya, I'm finding out...lol
Yeah But the Doctor don't sleep, he just takes standing cat-naps. I do try and sleep. Well I rest. Sort of. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Who was tHAT MYSTERIOUS STRANGER? She seems vaguely fimilar, but I'm getting old...and what was I saying? :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 pm

Yada Yada Yada

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:31 pm

So what has been going on? Anything exciting.
Shann

Shann's Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:49 am

Hi guys! Actually, wanting to see what's up with you all. I can see ewes been busy Miss Shannikins. Me's impressed! AND a green pencil! As for me, just trying not to trip over my own feet while keeping up with let's just say "challenges". Right now I'm staying with my daughter while looking for an apartment. My roommate with the basset hound moved in with her daughter in an attempt to nourish their relationship and left me in a lurch doing it, amongst pulling some not so kind stunts.

No matter, I am resting in God's hands and am looking forward to what the future holds. I'm trying real hard to learn the lessons I need to from this ordeal so I don't keep repeating the same mistakes. Mainly acknowledging red flags in people's behavior and moving forward while not thinking with my heart.
:roll:

As for not running away again Pupperoni, me is gonna try real hard not to forsake this forum again! It truly is one of the hi-lights in my life.

Gotta git on outta here for work, so ttyl.

Blessings in Jesus my friends!

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:58 pm

I'm happy to see you back, my darlin'. Life is a constant opportunity to learn. It's easy to fall into the same old ruts. I'm trying to overcome my anxieties and leave the house more often. I've been out 2 days in a row and may venture out again tonight, yet I have so much stuff to do and I only slept an hour or two the last three nights, so not sure.
Shann

Shann's Profile

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:07 am

I submitted.

:hide

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:03 am

Hi Lauren! The topic was such a good one and I wanted to submit too but just didn't have the time. It'll b very interesting to read the submissions.

Shannikins....ewes is such a trooper with never giving up to conquer your battles. It's always encouraging! But, not getting much sleep creates it's own anxiety, so do what ya gotta do to get more. Didn't u get a new bed way back when I used to be here all the time? How's all your critters and the kids. Of course, not in that order. :)

Ok Pup...now where r u?

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:46 am

Ooooo. Doughnut. :mrgreen:

I am here. Daily. Well most days, in the mornings. It got to where I was talking to myself so I tried to cut back on the posting. Besides, the rest of them only get to post when I am gone. :roll:

Life for me is not so good. I need a new job. Our manager is an idiot child with braces on his teeth. And I know I shouldn't swear, but, I SWEAR that man has never been in management before. And the company's new CEO... Supposedly did great with his last placement... in Hawaii. Well if he did so good, and in Hawaii, why come here for less money. So far all he has done is mess up several stores. :roll:

I don't know how much longer I can stand it. :(
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Shann wrote: Rachel, how are you doing on your MS? The first bit I read was so good, I can't wait to read more.
Awww, thanks for the encouragement, Shann! I'm submitting the first chapter of one of my books to see if I can enroll in the Craftsman course through Christian Writers Guild. If I get accepted then I'll spend a year polishing my book with a mentor.

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of weeks. Life gets crazy busy from time to time and I have trouble catching up on things. The oldest four kids are in band lessons now, so that means practicing every day now too on top of everything else. I'm not complaining, though. Life is wild and exciting! :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:26 am

Hollykins!!!

... is she a mirage or is she really here?! :o

So I have BIG news! My Best friend got engaged last weekend! She asked me to be her Maid of Honor and her sister is going to be her Matron of Honor.

I only fill in at the daycare Monday and Wednesday then the following Monday and then I'm done there for the foreseeable future. I will then go back to going to my grandparents house everyday, except probably Wednesdays. She's been having the Aids come stay all day on Wednesdays and I'd hate to take that away from them, especially when they probably need the money.

My carpal tunnel has been really bothering me this week. On Thursday my grandmother got upset and was screaming and yelling- made me cry too. I ended up having to take some paperwork home to work on and it was a lot of writing. So I think that probably didn't help my wrist much.

Oh and my grandmother has a new puppy. His name is Muffin, supposed to go along with her dog she already has named Cinnamon Bun (Cinnamon for short) and Muffin is an all blond Yorkie. He's absolutely adorable and follows my grandmother everywhere.

Grandpa still has good days and bad days... mostly bad I think. But he gets so happy when he see's me.. or rather knows I'm there. He's pretty much face blind so he has to go by voices which doesn't help much either because he's deaf.

I suppose that's all for now. Things have been rough but what else is knew right? lol
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”