Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 pm

Hummmm... no one's home. :?

Oh ya.. it's Friday night, and they all have lives to live. I wish I was that lucky. :roll:

I need a life... anyone have an extra they could spare?

Anyone?

Heloooooooo.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:28 pm

OOooooo... 10 pages left. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:28 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:OOooooo... 10 pages left. :mrgreen:
:party

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Hummmm... no one's home. :?

Oh ya.. it's Friday night, and they all have lives to live. I wish I was that lucky. :roll:

I need a life... anyone have an extra they could spare?

Anyone?

Heloooooooo.
:?

I think having a life is highly overrated ... not that I would know :roll:

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:56 am

SHANN!!

:hugs2

Since you have commented on more than one story I can say this ... You left a comment on my Upload / Download entry and it truly made a stressful day and week brighter.

Thank You!!!

:D :D

I haven't said thank you for the comments on the last 2 entries ( and I haven't even returned the favor, either :oops: ), but I appreciated those comments , too. I appreciate all comments and critiques if anyone else wants to sniff my entry out :wink: :mrgreen:

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:13 pm

Cool Tim! I'm happy I was able to unstress your day a bit! I haven't entered the SPAM as the Download ones. I did do a BLOG one that starred Jay. I wanted to use Sparrow as the second name but since I didn't want people to figure out they were buds until the end I figured Robyn was a safer bet. I have no ideas for Social Network. Have I mentioned computers and I don't get along?.

Pup, I have no life either. Well maybe abut more since I've been feeling better but it's limited to kids, church, and Bible Study. I was on last night reading challenges, the newbie nook and the H i thread. However, my computer kept powering off so I decided instead of throwing it out the window (I didn't want to break the window it was in the 20's) I chose to leave it off.
If you have a lot of music do you have an ipod? Thatwould come in handy for work too,

Oh are you counting down to page 1000? 999 is a much more fascinating number or of course 1,111. If we had noticed it sooner we could have shot for it on 11-11-11.

I hope everyone else is hunky-dory. My life isn't too exciting but my son is going through a hard time at school. He is on the E board of a Christian campus organization (Intervarsity) and the leadership members have to sign a faith agreement. Well the treasurer is gay and it states in the by-laws that if you are in A leadership position you should live (try) as the Bible says. They were considering a public vote to determine if he should be removed from office. Q really stood up for him and said he would leave if they forced a public vote. (he believed the officers should handle it) It was then decided that he would serve out his term but not be re-elected. The kid decided to step down voluntarily. The biggest problem the group had was he said that he did not believe the Scriptures were the Word of God but just a metaphor. Q explained if that was his belief maybe he shouldn't be in a leadership position but told him he still loves him but didn't agree with him. He was encouraged to still be a member but not a leader. Also Q objected to the public vote because he believes the scripture that he without sin should cast the first stone. Long story longer, after he willingly stepped down he went to the paper and said he felt forced to step down because he was gay. (which right or wrong that was not the reason they had an issue with him it was because he stated he didn't believe the Bible was God's word.) Well, I'm sure you can imagine what happened next--BOOM! So last night Q led a meeting for Intervarsity and tomorrow he has to speak in front of the entire college and the student senate. They are voting on whether to pull the group from the campus. It is a national organization and they are expecting charges to be filed for breaking discrimination laws (which state they can't deny a student membership based on race, religion, etc. but it does not say anything about leadership roles) Needless to say, Q's words could result in Christian groups being banned all over the country. Please keep this situation in your prayers. Here's the news article if anyone is interested.
http://www.ubspectrum.com/news/intervar ... tqutbL5pKB

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:21 am

I have an MP3 player, it will hold almost half my music. I change it out now and then depending on what I want to listen to at work (moderate tunes) or while riding around (fast paced) or walking (more mellow stuff).

And yes it does make working a little better. On load night.. like tonight.. my partner plays good Christian tunes, but the night I am there by myself I would normally have to listen to the store's muzak.... not very good listening if you know what I mean. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:24 pm

I took my drivers test yesterday and failed.

Last night my moms brother called and said my Grandfather had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance because he couldn't breathe. Supposedly he's been sick for 6 to 8 weeks. He had gone to the doctor but the doctor had just said it was sinuses or something. He did have a scan of some kind last night and was admitted they said he has a blockage in his lungs but they don't know yet if its an infection of some kind or something else. He has to have more tests.

on top of that I only slept 3 hours last night and was awake for over 24 hours before I got any sleep at all.

:cry: :cry:
Dum Spiro Spero

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:54 pm

:( :hugs2

Praying Becky. Piling one stressful event on another is never easy ... and not sleeping makes things a bit worse.

Praying for you too, Pup. I know that 10 minutes listening to Muzak make me want to pull my eardrums out through my nostrils ... I can't imagine hours of it :shock:

And Shann, of course I'm praying for you and the situations back there.

I haven't seen Tiara, Ivy, Lauren ... ??? ... and a few others lately. I hope all is well with them as well.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Becky, that stinks. :( Let us know how your grandpa's tests turn out, and lots of hugs about the driver's test.

Shann, I read the article and at least it seems fairly good at showing all the sides. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Oh, if you didn't see my funny story from a fast food restaurant on my FaceBook wall, here it is for your chuckling enjoyment:

Me: I'd like that upgraded to sweet potato fries, please.
BurgerVille Guy: Sorry, we don't have those anymore.
Me: Oh... I'm allergic to regular potatoes. Do you have anything else besides fries?
BV guy: Oh, yes! we have fancy cross-cut fries.
Me: But aren't those made out of regular potatoes?
BV guy: Oh no, they aren't regular potatoes! They are cut in a fancy crisscross shape.

:redface2

I get that kind of thing quite often with my food allergies. Sometimes I wonder how people who seem to be smart enough to get through life and hold down jobs and all that can really be that stupid when it comes to food. I've had people tell me that I can eat white bread because it's not "wheat bread" and that the gravy can't possibly have milk in it because, duh, it's brown and milk is white. :heehee
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Sparrow wrote: Oh, if you didn't see my funny story from a fast food restaurant on my FaceBook wall, here it is for your chuckling enjoyment:

Me: I'd like that upgraded to sweet potato fries, please.
BurgerVille Guy: Sorry, we don't have those anymore.
Me: Oh... I'm allergic to regular potatoes. Do you have anything else besides fries?
BV guy: Oh, yes! we have fancy cross-cut fries.
Me: But aren't those made out of regular potatoes?
BV guy: Oh no, they aren't regular potatoes! They are cut in a fancy crisscross shape.
Well duh ... If they're cut crisscross they're nothing like potatoes anymore :roll:

At that point I would be tempted to order a milkshake with extra shake and see what he said :lol: :lol:

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:38 pm

Becky, I'm sorry about your test and your grandfather. As my momma would have said, "Keep you chin up and your eyes on the Lord."

Tim, thanks for the prayers. Kara hasn't been on as much because of Na No. I'm not sure if Ivy and Tiara did it too. I know Ivy switched to a college closer to home. Barb , Seema, and Shelley pop in every once in a blue moon but I wish they'd pop in more. I bet the moon would turn purple! Lauren popped in a month or two ago to let us know she is still around. She briefly mentioned that life was keeping her busy.

Leonie is busy with work and her little one and Kate hasn't been around much since she met Amy, and Ivy in person. Hmmm... I wonder... who scared her off?

The student senate has a 5 1/2 hour meeting. Tempers flared. Q remained calm and firm in his opinion. They were going to vote if they should be made to deregulate but instead they voted to have a committee investigating. For now all Intervarsity events have been banned until investigation is complete. They think if the committee finds they did discriminate and break the law then it could impact groups nationwide. It looks like civil and criminal proceedings will take place. Everyone on board will be questioned heavily. If it is determined the Christian group was wrong then there will be hefty fines. To top it all off, Q has 4 finals this week.

Tim, I told Amy the same thing!!!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:35 am

In the early 80s McDonald's had the "Mc-DLT" on the menu (Their first attempt at offering leaf lettuce and tomatoes on a burger for those who don't remember).

I looked at the server and with a straight face said, "Give me a DLT, hold the Mc."

He stared at his register horribly perplexed, and in a voice that would make Erkel sound cool said, "I don't think we can do that."

:lol: :lol:

I've been known to ask waitresses if their omelets contained eggs. I asked another fast food place how many bean burritos came in the six-pack. I asked another how much their 50 cent burgers were. I also asked a sandwich place what choice of meats I had on the vegetarian sandwich.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Can I have a chicken patty on my Whopper instead of hamburger patty? Why is it called a hamburger when it doesn't contain ham? :clown

Becky, I pray your grandpa gets better and you're able to sleep.

I'm writing a special poem for everyone - trying not to leave anyone out - nicknames work too if you got one.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:02 pm

My Pop-pop has pneumonia. He is on a mask and his white blood count is high. They said if the antibiotics (via IV) doesn't help they'll have to do surgery to drain the infection but they don't want to have to do that because its an invasive surgery.

Also, Behind the infection is a mass and they can't find out what the mass is until the pneumonia is gone. They don't think it is cancer but its not ruled out either. Cancer is possible cause he used to smoke (although that was 30ish years ago) but he was also a firefighter.
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”