Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

BusBoss
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by BusBoss » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:19 pm

Popping in with good news :D

Cleared one of the hurdles at work - Got 4 drivers back from leave and one new driver. This will hopefully relieve at least some of my stress 8) :D

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:46 pm

IvyKat wrote: As for YOU, Kara Bear.... no, we wouldn't have very interesting conversations, I'm afraid, because while my thoughts are very orderly and linear on paper, I live in perpetual brain fog and would barely be able to give you the time of day. I'm not even exaggerating, I lose my train of thought about twice per conversation. All my friends make fun of me for it. :roll:
Aww Ivy vines, you are definitely not alone on that. I decided I wanted to write when I discovered that I could actually express myself logically, and even make sense when I write them down. I am incredibly awkward at conversations- and that video you posted of the speech, is totally me in front of people.

I think this is why I need a close group of friends, so I have a place where I can be myself. This is partly why I haven't enjoyed church lately- cause its all casual conversations with people I dont really know, so its always awkward and I say stupid things.

So I guess we could just have coffee and dont talk...perhaps just read? hehe
BusBoss wrote:Popping in with good news :D

Cleared one of the hurdles at work - Got 4 drivers back from leave and one new driver. This will hopefully relieve at least some of my stress 8) :D
Awesome Possum. - that's just the first thing that came to mind, and not quite sure cause I never say that.

Really glad for you Timmytot- hope things continue to improve for you!

Holly thanks for the encouragement- and I think those are my favorite winter pics yet. I think if I was allowed I would live in a frosty gingerbread house. Snow is the closest thing we have to magic.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:33 pm

Just for Ewes Sushi-girl! :mrgreen:

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:57 am

BusBoss wrote:Popping in with good news :D

WOOT ButBott! Hugs!!
tonguethaid wrote:
IvyKat wrote: As for YOU, Kara Bear.... no, we wouldn't have very interesting conversations, I'm afraid, because while my thoughts are very orderly and linear on paper, I live in perpetual brain fog and would barely be able to give you the time of day. I'm not even exaggerating, I lose my train of thought about twice per conversation. All my friends make fun of me for it. :roll:
Aww Ivy vines, you are definitely not alone on that. I decided I wanted to write when I discovered that I could actually express myself logically, and even make sense when I write them down. I am incredibly awkward at conversations- and that video you posted of the speech, is totally me in front of people.

I think this is why I need a close group of friends, so I have a place where I can be myself. This is partly why I haven't enjoyed church lately- cause its all casual conversations with people I dont really know, so its always awkward and I say stupid things.

So I guess we could just have coffee and dont talk...perhaps just read? hehe
We could pass notes :heehee
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:46 am

Good news, Tim-now maybe you can stay on here more :wink:

JP I missed you by one hour? Now I know when to check -IF I'm awake at that time, heh heh.

Ivy, I write better than I can speak with someone (that's not saying much). I always forget words and my thoughts fly away. Maybe tonguethaid will change names with me.

Shann, look what you did by coming back! I entered the challenge. :shock: I enen posted on the challenge discussion. Yikes. The trouble is I'm very insecure about it and prob'ly won't hint. I wish we could use pseudonyms on the challenge. :roll:

Blessings all and goodnight,
Perkins
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:50 am

AnneRene' wrote:Just for Ewes Sushi-girl! :mrgreen:

You so rock Bubbles!! Love it!!
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 am

Iam4Him wrote:Good news, Tim-now maybe you can stay on here more :wink:
I hope so :mrgreen:

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:14 am

Tim, so glad things are looking up for you!

Ivy, I don't remember you being awkward in person at all. But I know what you mean... it's easier sometimes to express things in writing, especially if you have time to go back and fix it a few times. :P

Boy, my day was crazy. Had to get up early for me (considering I haven't been falling asleep until 3 to 5 AM) but nothing ended up as planned. Drove around a bunch but didn't actually do much today. Did get a nap and got to go to critique group with Randy Ingermanson tonight (but didn't bring anything since I didn't know for sure if I was going).

That spot above my hip is really bothering me again. But tomorrow I'm going to get a professional Myofasial Release Massage before work, so I'm hoping that will help resolve some things.

Patty, did you get my email back about the poem? Hope it went through. I didn't get a message from my boss today, so you never know if things go through or not. :roll: BTW, if you really wanted to, you actually could use a pen name on FW.... But I'll bet your story is better than you think. :)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:17 am

Late night once again, taking me lunch and checking in to say hi.

Been working some on my book, getting reworked, and even found a couple places to add things in a bit. So it is getting there. Never be perfect, mainly because it is mine of course, but anyway.

I will be having a couple days off and am going to CoosBay to do a little shopping tomorrow. Will have the laptop with me so I can write and maybe even get online for a bit.

So.. is anyone up to night? :shock:
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:24 am

hi, birdie, yes I got it but haven't had a chance to answer my emails. Thank you so much.

Ok, it's almost 5:30 my time, so Sparrow are you still up?

Pup, are you out to lunch? Oh, that didn't sound right. :mrgreen:
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:32 am

((Perky))... And yes, I am always out to lunch. :P

JesusPuppy Profile

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:37 am

Puppy, how'd you get ahead of me? I posted at the end of Amy's post and you weren't there then. strange things happen here. :roll:
Aha! We did it again, lol

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:41 am

You were still typing when I posted. You snooze you loose.

So hows life in your side of the country. Rainy here, I love rain. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 am

Ok, I'm off to see the wizard or whoever takes over my dreams.
Night night, beagle, have a grrrrreat day.

Blessings,
Perky Perkins

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:44 am

SWEET dreams Patty. (but not too sweet, might get a cavity..) :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”