To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby deejay » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Shann, actually I can stay for an indeterminate time, but right across the street, where the old morgue used to be, they're building an event center or hotel. It will be completed in 2 years. One of the women at the shelter was saying that when it's completed, they won't want to have a homeless shelter across from them. So the county is trying to get the homeless into housing, but with a shortage of housing units that's going to be a challenge.
Had a root canal on my broken tooth last Tuesday; it doesn't hurt at all. The dentist had a hard time getting the nerve because the tooth had basically done its own root canal when the nerve shrank down into the long root of the tooth, and built up calcium deposits inside. On April 10th--though I can try to get it done earlier--the post and crown go in. Right now I have a cap on that looks like I have a partial tooth. Bit awkward when eating, but it's okay.

deejay

Postby deejay » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Came so close to getting into a research study that would've had me living for two weeks at the research center, then two weeks back at the shelter, then repeat. It would've paid me $7,930. Unfortunately, my blood work came back that my blood ammonia levels were in the healthy range--good news for my health, bad news for the study. So I'll just get $150 for the two visits I made. :(
It would've meant better food, real beds, showers with controls for temperature and pressure, with real instead of reclaimed water, peace and quiet, TV and free wi-fi.
They're looking for another study to put me in.

Oh, and the money, combined with what I'm expecting to get back from tax refunds, would've been slightly more than what I earned from my job last year. :( :(

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:19 pm

It's been awhile since we last heard from Pup. Does anyone know if he's okay?

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:32 pm

He's having a really hard time. Prayers would be appreciated. I heard from him a couple weeks ago, but not since then.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:34 pm

Do you know what started it?

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:34 pm

Do you know what started it?

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:37 pm

He's just struggling with normal life stuff right now. I sent him a PM and he did receive that. I think it was about two weeks ago but I haven't heard back since then.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Roz
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re:

Postby Roz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:10 am

AnneRene' wrote:Hi Seema and Barbie....Greetings in the Name Of Our King!

That "Hogwash" about the drought is too funny. I think about that almost every year when "whoever" decides to declare a drought and we've been water logged throughout the winter....doesn't make sense to me either.

I live near the American River and use to work for State Parks. Near here is one of the world's largest rafting sites and many times over the summer, the state refused to raise the water level in the rivers, EVEN when it was 110 degrees and yet we literally had floods going on around here!

And the Hail down your way, the other day....I've heard comments about how we Californians don't know anything about bad weather, snow, etc...I guess they've never been out here and seen the Sierra's or heard about the Donner Party :roll: , or the GRAPEVINE...lol.

Well, I am not having any success adding a gorgeous picture on here, so will, after I figure it out!

May your day be Fruitfully Blessed :grouphug [/img][/list]

Wow, I thought the drought in California was actually a thing!!!
<a><herf>PHBalancer</herf><a>

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:46 am

That was several years ago, so I'm not sure how bad it was this winter there. I live in western NY so we get tons of snow. Even today it was snowing. It is supposed to warm up this weekend, but then early next week...yep more snow!
I'm so happy you popped in Roz. The message boards have been quiet lately. It would be nice to see them active again.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:48 am

Hey Puppers pop in and let us know how you're doing. I miss you my friend! :hugs2 :loveyou :loveyou
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:16 pm

Praying for you Pup! You're loved and missed!

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Got a new City Net worker; the one I had was an intern, but last Wednesday she introduced me to the new lady, as her internship was ending.
Last week, when I went to the Plaza of the Flags where my friends C.J. and Diane were living, it was completely cleared out. I don't know where they went. Tried texting them, but so far no reply.

Day before yesterday I was getting ready to go to work and noticed the lid on my bin was up. When I got home and checked, nothing was gone; they said the wind blew it open. Then they said since my suitcase was keeping it from being completely closed, they told me to take my suitcase out. So I did. Crazy thing is, it's been 13 months, and they're just telling me now?

This morning, I went to get my mail, and found a note saying my box had expired on the 19th of this month. I asked why, saying I had renewed it on the 16th, and they say they can't find any record of my renewing my box for another year. Now I have to hope and pray I didn't throw away the receipt, or I'm going to have to pay $45 again. Last year I forget to renew it until May, and when I renewed it, they said even they had forgotten about it.

I've been told that housing units are becoming available, so maybe this is God hinting that I'll be moving soon. But why can't He tell me these things plainly?

There's been a mama kitty prowling around the women's area; she had a litter but only one little boy survived. He had an eye infection and the owner was cleaning his eyes with saline, but she left and didn't return, so they rolled up her bed. The mom and kitten--about 3 weeks old--are being housed and fed because the mom is a good mouser, but all of a sudden the kitten is missing. His mom is engorged, and is quite depressed; she's a good mama kitty and very friendly to us. I told a staffer about it, and she said she'll try to find out something. He's so cute! I hope he comes back.

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat May 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Well, we'll just have to leave the little boy kitten to Jesus; nobody knows anything. MamaKitty's engorgement has gone away, and she is happily chasing mice--saw her whacking one about yesterday morning as I was about to go to work.
I contacted Faces of Santa Ana about C.J. and Diane, because Diane is supposed to get her portrait done, and they usually keep an eye on their subjects. They said they'd do their best to track them down.
Still battling bedbugs--the other night I was checking under my blankets to make sure before I went to bed, and there were three of them waiting for me. I showed them who's boss!
It's been cool and a bit drizzly the last couple of days. Bought a pair of nice sandals on Amazon in late April.
When I went to the mailbox place, ready to pay again--no, couldn't find my receipt--they said they'd check the security cameras. They didn't think it was fair to make me pay again. Praise the Lord for that!

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:15 pm

Finally heard from C.J. and Diane--they're living at the gym at WisePlace, but it's for a maximum of 90 days. But C.J.'s SSI has been approved, so the next step is for them to get their own place. Hopefully that happens before they run out of time at WisePlace!
Sent off for a DNA test; finally got around to doing it this morning and put it in the mail. Should take 6-8 weeks to get the report. My siblings have taken other DNA tests, and they say we have one ancestor who came from Senegal, on the west coast of Africa. And I think they also said one other ancestor came from Southeast Asia. We'll see what mine says. They used 23andMe, I'm using CGIGenetics, which is supposed to use the most up to date testing. Came across it when doing a search for DNA testing and found a site that rated the top 3 DNA tests--and 23andMe wasn't listed--and the reasons why they were the best, plus the pros and cons of each of the top 3. CGI was the #1 ranked test, so I put money on a reloadable debit card I have and ordered it.

Have been praying hard for JesusPuppy; any further word? Come back, Pup, we miss you!

deejay

Postby deejay » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:38 pm

I think it's time we had another Add-A-Story like we had. Remember? One person started with a sentence to begin the story, and we like talented chefs added our personal story-telling gifts to complete the story. I really miss that. NaNoWriMo is 4 months away; this would be a good warm-up for those participating. Good practice for the rest of us. Any takers?

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler