Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu May 19, 2016 11:07 am

Kiddo! Imagin seeing you here. :heehee
RedBaron wrote:Pssst.... Crystal is a spammer - I edited out the link in the sig.
No wonder she seemed crazy enough to fit in. Those spammers will try anything. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu May 19, 2016 6:12 pm

I also thought Pup was off a bit when he said I was okay. Makes me wonder who is the real sleep typer! And I love you dearly Becky, but you're not normal! You're extraordinary :mrgreen: I don't think I've ever met a normal person here. Teehee.

Hey Peppers, there is a self-proclaimed curmudgeon in the Newbie Nook who reminded me of you a bit. If you are so inclined, pop in and say howdy from one curmudgeon to another. :tongue. That'll teach you to think of us as normal or okay! :mrgreen:

On a more somber note, I really miss Jay. I know he is rejoicing, but my heart aches for him. I've been playing Word with his Mom, which is nice because he and I often had a game going.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu May 19, 2016 6:17 pm

RedBaron wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:Greetings Crystal. Are you saying you read the whole post from the beginning...? Now that's crazy. You are my type of person. :superhappy Stop by any time.

Not to say everyone here is nuts, I mean Shann is okay, unless she is sleep typing. :roll: And re-Becky-Kiddo, she is just our resident Normal person. :lol:
Pssst.... Crystal is a spammer - I edited out the link in the sig.
Sorry I missed that Shari. With trying to get to the two graduations this past weekend, I haven't been online as much. I'm assuming you deleted the whole post since I don't see it anywhere. I need to remember to check the signatures. I often forget.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat May 21, 2016 12:44 am

Yeah, anyone whose two posts say the same thing--"Thank you for THESE information (emphasis mine)--is obviously a spammer. Glad you caught her, Shari.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat May 21, 2016 2:14 am

Happy birthday Allison! :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party
Shann

Shann's Profile

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Sat May 21, 2016 9:32 pm

:D Thanks, Shann!!

I'm enjoying my Star Wars marathon, if you haven't seen/noticed my FB posts...
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

deejay

Post by deejay » Sun May 22, 2016 8:54 pm

Just finished watching season 5 of Call the Midwife. I can't believe they killed off Sister Evangelina! I would've thought that since Sister Monica Joan is so much older, that she would be the first to go. Now I have to wait for the Christmas special to see who replaces Sister Evangelina.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon May 23, 2016 8:36 pm

:book2

Well actually I was just watching Men In Black. :heehee
deejay wrote:Just finished watching season 5 of Call the Midwife. I can't believe they killed off Sister Evangelina! I would've thought that since Sister Monica Joan is so much older, that she would be the first to go. Now I have to wait for the Christmas special to see who replaces Sister Evangelina.
Don't you just hate hangers like that? They do it all the time on Doctor Who.

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon May 30, 2016 6:11 pm

So quiet around here on the boards....everyone must be enjoying their Memorial Day weekend.

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon May 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Lyd is leaving for Kosovo this week. I'm going to miss her so much. Plus there's so much to do to get ready for a 2 year trip. I'm so proud of her, but my selfish nature makes me want her to change her mind. We are meeting Q in DC to have a couple of family days all together. It won't be easy to say goodbye but am grateful we have the chance to spend some days together first. Payton is starting to walk. I can't believe how fast she is growing.
Shann

Shann's Profile

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon May 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi Deejay,
Did you find a place to live? Blessings, Lori
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

deejay

Post by deejay » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:38 am

I've been living with friends from my church for the last couple of weeks. I tried calling a transitional housing place called Grandma's House of Hope, but the person answering the phone wasn't very professional. She just said hello when I called, and when I asked if this was Grandma's House of Hope intake, she lazily said yeah. I told her I'd submitted an online application the week before, and she told me she'd put me on hold for 5 minutes to see if it was in the system. I was actually on hold for 17 minutes before the call disconnected. Later, I called back and left a message on voicemail, which included the fact I'd been on hold longer than I was told I would be. This past week I posted I think on Yelp about my experience, saying they needed more professionalism from whoever answered their phones, and gave an example.

Last night I looked up a few places; all the subsidized apartments in my area have no vacancies, but I did find a couple resources I plan to look into more.

I have to take 2 buses instead of 1 to get to and from work/church, and I have to get up an hour earlier as well--5 am and leave at 5:45 am instead of up at 6 am and leave by 6:40 am. But the research center recently called me, and after I filled them in on my situation, they said they might have a study for me, and to call when I get settled. So I need to call them back--instead of taking 2 buses to get there from my old home, it's just a short bus ride on 1 bus to get there.
I don't know how long the Lord wants me to stay here; every place I've lived, He uses it to teach me something, and won't let me go elsewhere until I've learned it.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Sounds too much like normal "The System" of things, keep you running so you can't get anywhere, and when you do, they kick you again to keep you down. Still praying the Lord will send you to the right place.

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:32 pm

It's just the way the transit system is out here in Orange County, Pup. And the vacancy rates out here are getting low; San Francisco, for example, has extremely high rents --possibly the highest in California--and a vacancy rate of about 4%. So, yeah, it bites. Even middle-class people have a hard time getting decent housing (what's left of the middle class, anyway).

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:57 pm

VENTING. :sorry

They did it again, like I knew they would. The other mid-shift guy... the one who quit and then got his job back because his new job fired him for not working.. started whining to the main office about not getting his full hours back, and they cut my extra days and gave them back to him. :( He comes in late, leaves early (sometimes an hour early) and then complains about not making enough hours. :shock: From what the others tell me, he spends more time talking on his cel than actually working. Insted of calling in sick, he calls in and says he has a doctors appointment, and they believe him. :roll:

He must have family in the main office is all I can say. If a worker is worthy of his wage, I MUST be as worthless as I feel.

END VENT. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”