Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Mon May 09, 2016 12:15 am

Amy just told me some very sad news. Our sweet Jay passed away this morning. I know we should rejoice that he is in heaven, but I'm going to miss him so very much.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 am

At least now he is dancing in the arms of the Lord. Way to go Jaybird. :clap
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon May 09, 2016 4:30 pm

but... but...

i got his happy birthday message too late! I never got to say thank you!

but... it's not fair.

:cry2
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon May 09, 2016 6:16 pm

I agree Becky. My heart is hurting. I know he cared about you and everyone on the thread. He had such a vibrant personality and loved beating me at Word. Hugs, :grouphug
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

rtodd5011
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by rtodd5011 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Shann wrote:Amy just told me some very sad news. Our sweet Jay passed away this morning. I know we should rejoice that he is in heaven, but I'm going to miss him so very much.
I am going to miss Jay too. We chatted almost everyday. I was okay until I started looking into the MD Foundation online to make a donation in His honor. I heard that they will send the family a nice card letting them know. I had some tears today. Hope everyone is doing okay...

Richard H.

~ Richard
Faithwriters Profile

Grace is God's invisible hand reaching down and touching the heart of sinful man. It is not restricted to only a select few. It does not hesitate but boldly goes where no man has gone. The grace of God goes the distance to reach those deep hurting and bleeding places. But more than that it takes and heals and delivers and restores. We should all want to get in that special place where God pours out His healing grace. The Sacred Place of God's Grace

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed May 11, 2016 11:31 pm

Amy is organizing an online memorial for this Saturday at 6 pm (NY time). I believe she has more information about it on FB, but if you can't find it, contact Amy and spread the word that we want to honor this wonderful man who touched our lives in so many ways.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Thu May 12, 2016 3:09 am

Hi Everyone, sorry it is sad news that brings me back to this thread. I miss you all. Life has been hard for me lately with a lot of stress with my own poor health, my mom's cancer, a sister's marriage issues, and some other things. I was pretty close to Jay, so this has been hard on top of everything else. For the last few years he and I have both been part of a weekly online Bible study for young adults with disabilities, plus lots of chats during the week. I'm missing him a lot.

I've been able to talk to Jay's mom over the phone and email a couple of times. She's been a little stressed with all the people to contact to let them know about his passing and all the medical people wanting the breathing equipment and everything like that back right away, but overall she seems to be doing really well. She's finding positives in how much longer we were able to have Jay with us than expected with his disease and blessings like that. He has a sister as well, so I'm glad it's not just his mom alone, since his dad passed away a few years ago. His memorial service in Washington state will be on the 21st at his home church.

As Shann mentioned, I helped arrange an online celebration of life for any who would like to gather to remember Jay together. It will be on Saturday (the 14th) at 3:00 pm Pacific / 6:00 pm Eastern at https://zoom.us/j/918398512. I posted more info in a separate thread here in the Water Cooler. I'd love to see you all there.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri May 13, 2016 10:06 pm

I see a Sparrow. :heehee

Like you said, sad to be bringing such news. But you know me, I am not sad, I am jealous. A good person has gone to be with the one I love most in life, how can I be sad for that. I feel for his family and loved ones, I know their pain all too well, but I cheer for his passing. He rest now, whole in mind and body, in the arms of his Lord. :superhappy

I work until 5, but if I hurry home I might just make it. Is there any registration to do before hand....? :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

rtodd5011
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by rtodd5011 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:11 am

I agree with you Jesuspup. I am going to try to be there too. I am in central time so I think that is 6:00P.M.

~ Richard
Faithwriters Profile

Grace is God's invisible hand reaching down and touching the heart of sinful man. It is not restricted to only a select few. It does not hesitate but boldly goes where no man has gone. The grace of God goes the distance to reach those deep hurting and bleeding places. But more than that it takes and heals and delivers and restores. We should all want to get in that special place where God pours out His healing grace. The Sacred Place of God's Grace

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat May 14, 2016 10:32 pm

7:25PM and I just walked in the door. I had to work an hour over, people just would not stop coming in. Is there a holiday this week that I didn't know about. :roll:

I wouldn't have made it anyway as it was at 3 and I don't NORMALLY get off until 5. (Just saw the "Eastern" thing.. ) I thought it was FROM 3-6PM. I always miss out. :(

Do have "happy-funny" news. While at work today "Slug" made her mom bring her by... She got braces on her teeth and HAD to show me. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

rtodd5011
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by rtodd5011 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:09 pm

I probably will be frequenting this thread more often. It was here I met Jaybird. He emailed me and we quickly became chat-friends. I want to say it has almost 2 years or in that area of time. It is very tough being on the computer now days. I have had one other really good chat-friend to pass away in the last 3 years. My wife is a nurse and works in the afternoons and I am on the computer quiet a bit except here lately. If you know of anyone who likes to chat via facebook or yahoomessenger, let me know. :thumbs /i]

~ Richard
Faithwriters Profile

rtodd5011
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by rtodd5011 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:09 pm

I probably will be frequenting this thread more often. It was here I met Jaybird. He emailed me and we quickly became chat-friends. I want to say it has almost 2 years or in that area of time. It is very tough being on the computer now days. I have had one other really good chat-friend to pass away in the last 3 years. My wife is a nurse and works in the afternoons and I am on the computer quiet a bit except here lately. If you know of anyone who likes to chat via facebook or yahoomessenger, let me know. :thumbs

~ Richard
Faithwriters Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed May 18, 2016 12:50 pm

Greetings Crystal. Are you saying you read the whole post from the beginning...? Now that's crazy. You are my type of person. :superhappy Stop by any time.

Not to say everyone here is nuts, I mean Shann is okay, unless she is sleep typing. :roll: And re-Becky-Kiddo, she is just our resident Normal person. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

RedBaron

Post by RedBaron » Wed May 18, 2016 1:51 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Greetings Crystal. Are you saying you read the whole post from the beginning...? Now that's crazy. You are my type of person. :superhappy Stop by any time.

Not to say everyone here is nuts, I mean Shann is okay, unless she is sleep typing. :roll: And re-Becky-Kiddo, she is just our resident Normal person. :lol:
Pssst.... Crystal is a spammer - I edited out the link in the sig.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed May 18, 2016 7:06 pm

JesusPuppy wrote: And re-Becky-Kiddo, she is just our resident Normal person. :lol:
Me? Normal? YIKES! Scary thought........
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”