Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by writermom » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi Shann :)
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by deejay » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Yesterday at the library I had problems with the library Wi-Fi. I just couldn't get on. Very frustrating. I would've told the librarian, but last time I did that, they weren't very helpful for a problem with my computer. Got a fix from the manufacturer's community forum that did work. I'm at work using the computer to make up for yesterday--missed some of my regular sites, except this one. We gotta get broadband internet at home.

In other news, one of our renting churches has left, but we have two other churches who want to merge with us. One is well-known in this area, but I don't know about the other one. Pastor has been hard at work with some volunteers redoing floors in the classrooms and fireside room of the church; café, Life Center and offices are next. I was supposed to be teaching Bible study tonight, but because at least one person in our little group depends on another member to drive her home, and that person--Tommy-- wasn't available tonight, nobody came. At least they let me know.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:05 pm

Shann wrote:Amy had to euthanize her kitty last week.
Aaaaah. Poor KittyKat. Which one was it, the old wind one that adopted her? :(
writermom wrote:Hi Shann :)
What! Another fly by? :fingerwag Get back here young lady.

DJ that is a LOT of work fixing things I am sure. Really, I am sure, I do that type of work now and then. :roll:

Been painting outside this past week, nice weather for it too. 8)
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mikeedwards » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:41 pm

Hello FaithWriters,

All of us at FaithWriters would like to ask you PC Rest Stop dwellers a big favor. Please take some time to interact on other areas of the forums a bit too. Welcoming some new people, leaving feedback on their posts and making them feel comfortable would be great. Think of them as the new kid on the playground and we all remember how that felt. We would really appreciate it especially during these summer months when traffic dwindles.

Thanks for all of your faithful support of FaithWriters!

Blessings, Michael & Bea :thankssign
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:44 pm

I haven't popped in in a bit. M's birthday was this weekend and before that my nephew's graduation party. I attended both and survived! It's not easy for me to get out much.

I'm not sure what cat it was other than her name was Leika (I'm not spelling it right) and she was almost 15 years old.

I'm going to second Mike's suggestion about posing out on the main boards. I really miss that extra activity. There's a fun thread going similar to the game I started years ago where we ask questions. It's really fun. You just need to remember to ask a new question when you answer(cough Dee Jay cough!)

Also, I try to welcome newbies because I remember Barb personally welcoming me. It made me feel so special!

Hi Laurie!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Gee, I get a couple of senior moments and forget to ask---- :roll: :P

I'm at home using C.J.'s hotspot, and just posted a prayer request about my roommate Lisa. She's a California native, but you'd think she was from the West Indies, 'cause she's Jamaican me crazy. No joke. Short story, she got us in trouble with the women's homeless shelter next door over their cat we call Junior, they call RooRoo. And she gets in my face over the dumbest things, then when I don't react she says I don't care. She is crazy! Like it's written, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks--her heart is crazy!

The rain in my area just got everything wet--I saw that picture on the news about the I-10 freeway getting washed out. I noticed the washed out section was built over an old streambed--yep, that'll do it. Just because water hasn't flowed somewhere in centuries, people, doesn't mean it won't ever flow there again. Never mess with Mother Nature.

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:59 pm

The weather out here has been crazy too. We've had flooding and almost every day I get an emergency weather alerts email. Grrrr, my tablet keeps repeating the words I write so I have to keep going back to fix it. Have I mentioned computers hate me? :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:13 pm

When I'm using the library Wi-Fi--and it happened with the home network, too--I have the darnest time connecting to Yahoo, my homepage. I get a message saying it can't connect, I run the troubleshooter, and it says it can't detect any problems. Did a deep scan the other day, all that came up were 4 low-risk tracking cookies, which my antivirus deleted at the end of the scan. Weird. I've clicked that button that enables me to send a message to Microsoft and told them about it, but I doubt they actually get them. Grrrr!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:51 am

What Web Browser are you using. I just have plain IE and it does that a lot. Nothing wrong with the computer or the connection, but the browser still wont connect for some reason. A friend told me it was because my comp was a dino. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:19 pm

I use IE, too, but this doesn't happen when I'm on a computer with a broadband connection. I think that's the culprit. But I could check with Acer.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:24 pm

deejay wrote:I use IE, too, but this doesn't happen when I'm on a computer with a broadband connection. I think that's the culprit. But I could check with Acer.
Acer? there's your problem! Actually I don't really know; my friend had a problem with hers.

Instead of thinking of coming to the Rest-Stop, I should just come. :roll: I should contribute more to the forums in general. I was too slow in writing my challenge that I missed the deadline :lol: Perhaps it'll fit another challenge. I think I have 1 credit left.

Yeah, not much change with this diabetes - a med to lower it and we spread out my liquid feedings. My dietitian suggested I check my blood sugar every day, but I really don't want to be poked.

We went to see Inside Out which was a cute and clever flick. The moral of the story, you need a little sad to have joy.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:46 pm

What's wrong with Acer? Consumer Reports said it's a very reliable machine, and it has been. I think it was one of their Best Buys when I got it 5 years ago.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:50 pm

Maybe her Acer was a lemon :lol:
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:23 pm

Anything's possible.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:59 pm

I have an acer as well as a Toshiba. Acer is the worst latop I've ever used or owned and I will never buy another one again.
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”