Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Sat May 02, 2015 12:38 pm

Well, she might not like it, but I'm quite fond of the day because it produced one of my favorite people.

Sorry, Becky, no grandbaby yet. She did see the doctor and she can't work anymore. Her doctor was concerned about her purple swollen feet. Hey if they're purple, they can't be all bad right? :mrgreen: :wink:

If she doesn't deliver by next week, they plan on inducing her. I'm gonna go stay with her and help her out next week. I joked (kind of) that perhaps she'd go into labor while I was there and move so fast I could fulfill my dream of delivering my grandchild. I guess that wasn't the best thing to admit, but it's just a fantasy, it's not like I would hide the phone and car keys so she had no choice! :? Seriously wouldn't you rather Grandma deliver the baby than a cop or ambulance tech? I've delivered four human babies, if you count kittens., my numbers go up even more!

Seriously though, please pray that she doesn't need to be induced and that she and baby are healthy. I'm still hoping she'll change her mind and let me go into the delivery room, but realize that isn't going to happen. I'm struggling with it even though I totally understand. M has always been modest. When I gave her a bath when she was two, I had to close my eyes. She didn't get that modesty from me.

A cool note is the hospital where she is going is the one where I first saw a baby be born. It was a c-section, but still cool for a nursing student to see.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by deejay » Sat May 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Speaking of babies--Prince William and Kate Middleton had their daughter this morning, 8 lb., 3 oz., name yet to be determined, but bettors have Catherine, Alice, Elizabeth and Diana as possibilities.

Oh, and I went to a baby shower today.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun May 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Sorry, I have a hard time with babies having showers. Shouldn't they be given baths instead? A lot safer don't you think. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun May 03, 2015 10:13 pm

Ahh Pup thanks for the chuckle. I just threw mine in the swimming pool. Water is water right?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon May 04, 2015 1:40 pm

Actually, that should be Charlotte, not Catherine. Now they're saying Alice and Charlotte are in the top running. But maybe William and Kate will surprise everyone and give the princess a name nobody's expecting.

If they name her Charlotte, will they let her see a certain Bette Davis movie? :wink:

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm

This just in: The newest Duchess of Cambridge is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. And the movie I was referencing? "Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte."

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Mon May 04, 2015 3:42 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Sorry, I have a hard time with babies having showers. Shouldn't they be given baths instead? A lot safer don't you think. :wink:
Truly! I wouldn't want to be at a wedding shower, getting all wet. :roll:
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed May 06, 2015 12:00 am

No no no... the "Wedding shower" was suppose to be between the bride and groom. The ceremonial cleansing on their wedding night. Just another thing mankind has changed through the years. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun May 10, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm officially a grandmother! Payton Delainey has my red hair (hopefully not my temper) and is so beautiful. I can't see here because I'm covered with sores so am really struggling. I asked for prayers and explained it all here
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... e=post&f=6

I can't share any pictures because they don't want her photos online, but trust me, she's one of the most beautiful babies ever!
Shann

Shann's Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Mon May 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Congrats on your new granddaughter, Shann! :superhappy :clap :thumbs :party I can imagine she's beautiful.

I watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - what a strange thing. lol Is the books any better? Maybe Pup knows? Since he knows a few aliens. I didn't care for "evolutionary" concept thrown in the movie.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Mon May 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Congrats!!:superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :rockon :party for you Grannie Shann! Also, I'm in prayer-mode for you, Shann, of your sores.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue May 12, 2015 9:21 am

My hubby loves the book. Of course I think almost every book is better than the movie.
Shann

Shann's Profile

rtodd5011
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by rtodd5011 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:11 am

Im back around again, and not on the right coast! Lol I dont think. I figure there are newby's here. I know a couple of you, Hey Jaybird :thumbs and Shann :shiney2 I came out of "lurky land" and back in the civilization. Nice to see you all and re-meet some of you. My name is Rich and Im a Arky from Missippi. Hopefully I can get away with some grammar errors here in this furom! Actually I dont know which coast i am actually on. :welcome :clap :superhappy :grouphug :heehee

~ Richard
Faithwriters Profile

Grace is God's invisible hand reaching down and touching the heart of sinful man. It is not restricted to only a select few. It does not hesitate but boldly goes where no man has gone. The grace of God goes the distance to reach those deep hurting and bleeding places. But more than that it takes and heals and delivers and restores. We should all want to get in that special place where God pours out His healing grace. The Sacred Place of God's Grace

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed May 13, 2015 10:07 am

Hey Rich, I'm glad to see you pop back in. Don't worry about what coast you live on. I'm from Western New York and normally would bean oddball, but in this group... somehow I'm not odd at all! :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed May 13, 2015 10:12 am

Oohhh and if grammar and spelling were a prerequisite to appearing here, I don't think there would be many people at all. I don't want to name names cough, woof, cough :tongue
Seriously though this is a relaxed forum and even though my daughter bought me a sign that said, I'm silently correcting your grammar and suggested I cross out the silently part, I don't even notice errors on the forum. It's supposed to be like talking and I use all kinds of words while chatting that I wouldn't use while writing. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”