Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by deejay » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Shann wrote:Q just called. Someone busted out the window of his truck. His laptop was stolen again. I'm afraid the insurance company won't believe us. This is like the 3rd time it's been stolen. The last time was in May!

Does Q have like a Teletrac or other security anti-theft device on his computer? Unless the insurance company gave you a problem last time, they likely are quite aware that computers get stolen a lot. They'll probably ask why it was in the car, or in plain sight. I keep mine at home unless I bring it with me to the library, and it's with me at all times. My protection is Jesus!

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:27 pm

How's about entering the challenge again Puppers, Holly, and Becky. You are all amazing writers and I don't want to argue (are too!) Not every story is a winner, but God has a plan for every story so the next time you're feeling blue...write! I'd love to read them all.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:35 pm

I will check tomorrows topic.... Maybe, if something jumps out at me. Saw this weeks topic and the only thing that "Hit" me was a random thought about vampires. And that with Gluttony, it just seemed toooooo far off. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:25 pm

OOOOOooo... I found a complete set of Fraggle Rock shows. Whooohooooooo. :superhappy

I know what you are thinking. I have totally lost it. But hey, I is what I is and that's all there is. So I like cute little fuzzy creatures, that doesn't make me crazy. Just a weeeee bit off.

I found copies of the Muppet Show as well. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Pup, Makes life more interesting :) huh?
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:22 am

:mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by violin4jesus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:58 pm

I asked for prayer on FB but for you guys who don't play over there I'll post it here. My parents took my dad's dad to the hospital last night with severe chest and abdomen pain...after an MRI they said he has a blood clot in his lungs, metastatic cancer, and a perforated bowel. At almost 93 he is too frail for surgery, and he is ready to go home to Jesus (my grandma died over 28 years ago and they both are believers). I am on a flight layover right now but my work did release me and I'm hoping to get there tonight before he passes. Please pray for traveling mercies (his other children are making their way as well) and that he will hold on until we all get to say goodbye.

Thank you all. <3

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Oh Leah, I'm so very sorry. My heart goes out to you.

Dear Jesus,
I pray that you cover Leah's grandfather in your comforting arms. Take away all of his pain and worries. Bless the rest of the family with strength, courage, and faith. Bless the staff with patience, kindness, and wisdom. Help Leah's family put this burden in your arms. Thank you for the strong family unit, for Leah's husband as she goes through this trying times and for modern medicine and hospitals. Thank you for dying on the cross so that we may one day be reunited with our loved ones and have no fear of what is to come. We ask this in your name. Amen
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:47 pm

The last 3 weeks, my church has been doing the Daniel Fast. However, I don't agree with it being only grains, fruits and vegetables, and water. I did a word study and decided to fast red meat and greatly reduce, but not eliminate, sugar. I lost 2 pounds.
But you know that whenever you do something unto the Lord, the enemy will attack. Yesterday at church, one of the ladies in our congregation, who always wears her love of Jesus on her sleeve--literally; she wears some of the coolest T-shirts--had her car stolen out of our parking lot during first service. We usually have watchmen posted, mainly to protect our kids--we've had mentally ill individuals try to get at our kids--and there were none during first service.
Also, the stepfather of my friend Selina was doing some lifting last night, and shortly afterward began having chest pains. He was rushed to the ER, and died half an hour later. This is the second time Selina's mom has been widowed--her first husband, Selina's dad, died when a car he was working on as a mechanic fell off the jacks and onto him as he worked underneath it. Selina was in her early teens at the time. So Selina, who's in my Bible study group and is our worship team leader, wasn't at church yesterday.

So please pray that Sissy --the lady whose car was stolen--gets her car back in one piece, and the thief is caught, and for Selina and her mom in their situation. They are Christians.

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:19 pm

Chris came home from work on Friday, with a really bad stomach bug. Guess who woke up this morning puking her guts out? The nausea has settled but I have a significant fever which is really doing a number on me pain-wise. Because we got hammered with a couple of feet of snow and because he was sick, Chris stayed home today to rest up. I'm so glad he was here. I never would have been able to keep the fire going. The temp is below zero and add the wind chill and it's like 20-30 below. I'm ready for Spring. Did Phil see his shadow? (Although technically it's the same. I think if he sees it it means 6 weeks of winter but if he doesn't it means 5 weeks until Spring!)

Becky, how are things going with your grandfather? I've been praying for you. Hugs.

I'm so sorry DeeJay to hear about your friend. That must be super hard. Sending prayers your way,
Shann

Shann's Profile

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:31 pm

Deejay,
A friend of mine also had a Daniel fast at her church. I am praying for your requests. It is true whenever Gods people do something for him, Satan doesn't like it. Especially fasting. Shann I am praying for you and Chris. Yes, unfortunately there will be six more weeks of winter :brrr Hopefully though we will have an early spring----blessings, Lori
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:22 am

It was raining here. Still is.. Last storm of the season, and it is suppose to last through the week, or at least through the 5 day forecast. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:30 pm

They were saying on the news the other night that Phil has an accuracy rate of only 37%. Anybody who looks at the calendar knows that regardless of what various critters predict, the spring equinox is 6 weeks after Feb. 2nd anyway.

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:43 pm

I'm praying for Selina as well for her mom plus Sissy.
I also have been in prayer for those in the tragic commuter train & SUV crash in New York. A great number had escaped injury, from the last report I read, the female driver of the SUV didn't, nor did 6 commuters. :(
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:23 pm

Didn't hear about the train, guess that comes from not watching the news. Did it happen near anyone we know?

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”