Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:10 pm

Oh....and Pup...HI-YA!

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm praying ALL of us have a much better 2015 than what 2014 was, for a great many of us!! Personally, I absolutely detested what I had gone through, especially in the last 5 months; however, I feel I've been severely blessed by our Lord and by you folks of FW. :thankssign so very much! To the folks who are in the winter ravages: STAY inside!! :brrr :brrr
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:51 pm

Holly,
I am in Flippin Arkansas. My phone is listed ---Lori Godfrey
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:53 pm

wheelygirl58 wrote:I'm praying ALL of us have a much better 2015 than what 2014 was, for a great many of us!! Personally, I absolutely detested what I had gone through, especially in the last 5 months; however, I feel I've been severely blessed by our Lord and by you folks of FW. :thankssign so very much! To the folks who are in the winter ravages: STAY inside!! :brrr :brrr

Ooooooh, me too wheelygirl.....especially the last 5 mos for me also. I am so looking forward to an easier year for myself and just about everyone I know. However....no matter what lies ahead, I really do know that God ALWAYS has a perfect plan and always supplies all of our needs through all we encounter. Amen!

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:01 pm

I am with wheelygirl concerning a better year. Except my bad year was 2013. We lost both my mom and brother. May 2015 be a blessed and prosperous new year for all!
Last edited by writermom on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:04 pm

Just popping in to say Happy New Year. Every year I'm still here is a good year. Thanks for all the prayers and love. I can't tell you how much it means. I should be working on finishing the testimony book. I'm getting there, but head hurts so much I don't think I could do a decent job. My life has been complicated. I won't go into it because I doubt want to give the wicked woman any more power or energy. Suffice to say it's been difficult. On top of it all I've had swollen lymph nodes and a fever, but blessings abound that's what I need to focus on. I love you all!

Oh Pup are not :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:10 pm

Hey Shann, you have been in my prayers. We serve an awesome God!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:09 pm

"MOM" welcome back girl.
Shann wrote:Oh Pup are not :tongue
Am too. :tongue

Okay, what did I just admit to. :roll:

Counted down the minutes watching "The Universe" on video. I like those shows... even if they do get most of it wrong. :lol:

Was talking to a person at the coffee shop yesterday about bird-watching, and now I am wondering and worrying about our own Little Bird. Jay? You still see her on that wellness site?

Kiddo, has it snowed yet?

Winter has shown its face. There was actual ice crystals on the water puddles this morning. :shock:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Man we have had enough snow to keep Becky happy for years. She just needs to move up here. Though Buffalo could have sent her a truckload when they got hit with 8 feet. Of course that means she'd have to get used to a football team that rarely gets into playoffs! :?

Amy is not doing great. She is hardly able to leave the house now. She has been doing some coloring of awesome pictures. She sent me a purple butterfly for my birthday. Her sleep cycle is messed up too. I'll try to get her to pop in.

The thing you argued about was the poems being mine. I said are not and you old curmudgeon disagreed just for the sake of it. Wouldn't want it any other way though, ya ole goat! :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Thank you, Pup.

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Now Laurie I'm delighted you're here, but I'm the mommy of the group! :tongue Of course, since I'm gonna be Granny Shanny in a few weeks... Plus you can never have too many mom's. :mrgreen:

So did I tell you all, I was looking for names to help M out. I came across one I love--Abcde. Seriously there are 387 Abcde in the US. It's pronounced Ab-sa-de. Ain't it awesome? M and Andy don't like it. Go figure. :mrgreen:

They do like Peyton, Hayden, and Quinn. Hm the spell check said Quinnipiac. I'll have to remember that for word. I wonder what it means. It's the name of a University in Rhode Island I think so can't use it for Word. But I digress. Anyhoo, Q loved the name Quinn. I thought that would be his nickname which is why I spelled it Quinten, but we call him Q or Quint. He hates it when people think he is saying Clinton. I also tried to think of names to honor Grandmas (Shann, Sharon, Linda) and suggested Shalin or Shaylin with the y for Lyd, but no. Apparently they know someone with that name and don't have fond memories of it. They like unisex names too. I could look at names all day long.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Well, my grandfather was taken to the hospital last night via ambulance. He couldn't breathe and had chest pain and was very pale.

My grandmother and Aunt and I went to visit him in the hospital today and he's very bad. Of course the hospital can't even tell us whats wrong because they're still waiting on test results but they have him on 2 antibiotics and tamiflu, although his blood test came back normal but its the spinal tap they're waiting for and his flu test came back negative but supposedly they get false negatives a lot for flu so they're treating him for the flu anyway.

He had hospice which we're getting rid of now. We do know what they do but they told us what else they do, that they do offer care for infections and things not just to keep them comfortable. But we had been on them since last month for what we thought was a UTI and it took them WEEKS to do anything and when they did they just put him on an antibiotic without even testing to see what he had and before that they would just say, oh just keep giving him morphine. It almost seems like in their mind he's going to die anyway so lets not do anything to cure his infection.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:50 pm

Ah Becky I'm sorry. Having gone through all of that with Dad I totally understand. It's too bad that hospice is that way. The ones up here are amazing. They definitely need to treat the infection. Does he have a catheter in? That might explain why they gave him antibiotics without testing, kind of as a prophylaxis. I wonder if he has pneumonia from what you're saying. That can make a person so sick so fast. Praying and sending hugs your way.
Shann

Shann's Profile

violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by violin4jesus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:18 pm

:hide Sneaking in for a look....

Yeah, yeah, I know I've been WAYYYYYY absent for too long. Just figuring out life, and now that the new year is here I plan to not be as tied up.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all, and hugs for all those having a rough go in the last few weeks.

Nutshell: I switched to a day shift M-F 9-5 no evenings no weekends no holidays clinic job, and I am very very happy I made the choice. My body is finally in recovery from the years of night shift abuse, and my brain is more alert and not as foggy. I have more energy and inspiration for sure. We also moved to the west side of LA and have been getting to know the area, finding church(es), and making new friends.

My new year's resolutions are: read more, write more, organize my life, cook/bake more, actually lose the last 20lbs., and make time to connect with an old friend every week. I also have new friends that I need to make time for, but all that should keep me plenty busy.

Since many of you are my old friends, my goal is to make a date to connect, either chat, or phone, or Facetime/Skype. You can message me here or FB if you're my friend there. My schedule is much more open. I have evenings, weekends, and holidays off all the time now. It's surreal. :wink: Hasn't really kicked in yet that this is reality, but I sure do love my Sunday afternoons.

Ryan and I are in Idyllwild for our semiannual vacation to the mountains. It's really cold up here, and I didn't feel like getting lost in the snow again, so I opted to stay inside and relax while he wanders around the town. Since I had a long weekend, we were able to take two nights away; plus everyone gave us money for Christmas so we had enough to splurge at our favorite B&B.

Hope you all are staying warm and dry, and that the weekend is as relaxing as it can be.

Love & hugs! :mrgreen:

deejay

Post by deejay » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:25 pm

In case you all haven't heard, in Pasadena on New Year's Day the low tempeture got down to 33 degrees--one degree above the record. You people in the midwest and east can stop laughing any time now. :lol: :mrgreen: :tongue :brrr

This morning, I checked the thermomoter on the front porch and it was 44 degrees; it was 42 yesterday just after 6 am. There was frost on most roofs, and on the grass everywhere. The other day I finally got to look at Mount Saddleback, when the sun or buildings or clouds weren't in the way, and saw a light snow all the way down to the foot of the mountains. I think the snow level with the last storm was supposed to be down to the 2000' level. I grew up in El Toro--now taken over by Lake Forest, which I saw being built--and saw Mount Saddleback every day. And yes, most winters it had some snow--a few times, a lot of snow--on it. Actually, it's two mountains, but I forget their names, I'm at the church office using the computer and don't have an atlas handy to look them up. The name comes from their resemblance to the hip, back, shoulders and neck of a horse. It's in the Cleveland National Forest, in Riverside County.

I did alright for Christmas--got a coupon organizer, bed socks, a votive candle holder with a cross, a calendar--which I don't need--and I bought myself a new wallet, new shoes--which I waited until yesterday to begin wearing--and I few other things that escape my memory at the moment. I still need to get myself a new Bible cover. I'm still spending the money I got from my last research study, and hope to be able to get our washer and dryer fixed before it runs out.

Return to “The Water Cooler”