Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:10 pm

BEAKERS....your Grandma's puppy is A B S O L U T E L Y ADORABLE!!!!! You took a great pic!

I'm sorry for all the heartache hitting you right now. :hugs2

And Miss Rachel....like TOTAL CONGRATS! Winning NaNo is HUGE!

Jaybird...I've not heard about republishing...how does that work?

Gotta take a lady I work for to a motel this morning for a shower. Both of her bathrooms are in bad shape. :( Anyway....I am thinking of you all and hoping that Christmas Eve and Day is warm and fuzzy. :)

:heehee

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:39 pm

Awww. I'm sorry. :( Such a difficult time of year to lose someone.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:32 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Rebecky.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:33 pm

I came on to wish you all a Merry Christmas, but now.... My heart felt condolences for your friend's loss.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:37 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Image

:heehee
Ha ha at Holly's Jolly. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:08 am

I hope you all realized the joy in the meaning of this day. Though it's not near his actual birthday, his birth is the single most important day in the history of the world. It's easy to focus on different things this time of year. I'm sorry about your friend Becky and know it brings up hard memories for you, but there is good news. Jesus loves us so much that he chose to be fully human so that we can say he truly understands grief, rejection, pain, anger, and even fear, there aren't any other gods that are able to make such a claim, which is why Jesus is the God. He gets us from a human POV and loves us from a Godly POV. Seriously, how awesome is that?

I needed reminding of that today. Dad died at 8 am this morning. His wife told the nurses not to notify us nor give us any access to the body. Thankfully, the nurses respected Dad and since before he died he had granted them permission to talk to us. They even offered to hold his body so we could say goodbye. It's been a hard day. His wife is not having a funeral nor burying him next to Mom, but instead donating his body to science. I'm hoping to have a memorial service if my brother and sister are. I'm really worried about my sister. She was really struggling unlike anything I've ever seen. I'm a bit of a basket case myself.

On the bright side. M revealed the gender of the baby today! I'm having a granddaughter in May. I pray I can be an important influence on this little girl's life. I want to be like my Mom was to M and my grandmother's were to me. I want her to know that type of love. The last thing I really talked to my mom about was to let her know Lyd was a girl. I wanted another daughter so much and I was able to share that joy with her. Though I didn't get to tell Dad the baby is a girl, the circle of live is marvellous. Lyd pointed that out to me today. It helped my hurting heart more than words can say. At first I was angry that he died on Christmas and that it put a damper on the excitement of finding out the surprise. But once Lyd pointed this out to me, I realized God's timing is once more brilliant and even better than anything I can plan. I will love this baby unconditionally, make sure she knows how much her Great Grandma would have loved her and I'm going to introduce her to my best friend Jesus. God is good and his brilliance shines through even gloomy days like today and shows me his love.

Merry Christmas to you all and thank you for loving me even when I'm acting quite unlovable. You wackos here mean so much to me and it's only been through your love, grace and prayers that helps me through days like today! :grouphug :loveyou :grouphug
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:29 pm

:grouphug

JesusPuppy Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:57 pm

My deepest condolences, Becky the loss of your love one. Again Shann, my heart-felt regards.

Re-publishing just means I'm looking to publish my books elsewhere. The original publisher was a fraud.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:23 pm

Thanks guys, your love and support means so much. It's been a hard week for sure and I'm sick again. I'm hoping to get testimony book published or ready to go to layout soon. Each time I sit down to do it, the pain is so bad I can't get much done. I'm not giving up yet though.

If I can get caught up with work, I may be able to help Pup publish is poems and help you too Jay. Right now, I'm working hard to try not get encephalitis. The way my head and neck feel coupled with the fever, I don't know if I'll be able to keep it at bay. I have so much stuff to do do, but just no energy.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:30 pm

What do you mean help with MY poems? I gave them to you. :tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Hello everyone. I haven't been on F.W. as much as I was. Holly, you are the reason why I am on PCRS. I was thinking about you. Hope you are well. Shann, I am praying for you. I hope everyone has a safe and prosperous New Year. Blessings, Lori
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:30 pm

Oooooooh my little Shannikins.... :hugs2 :hugs2 :hugs2 :hugs2 :hugs2 My heart did a flip flop at your Dad's passing and all of the garbage going on with his wife alienating you kids from him. That said, in your grief....you wrote beautifully of God's constant love, especially during our trials. What wonderful timing to find out that your having a granddaughter. You will definitely be a GIGANTIC WARM FUZZY and nurturing Grandma in that's baby's life....not to mention your daughter. Now about the encephalitis....that's serious! Can't even imagine dealing with that on its own merit, much less during this time of heartache. Keeping you in my prayers sweetie!

And Jay...thanks 4 the info. Didn't think anything could be re-published....shows how much I don't know.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:04 pm

I wouldn't call 2014 a great year nonetheless it was a decent year. My main objective was accomplished writing wise, rewriting my YA novel. Behind my ear finally healed which tookmore than a year. Praise God, who heals!

And Jay...thanks 4 the info. Didn't think anything could be re-published....shows how much I don't know. [/quote] you're welcome..what happened to your book?

May 2015 be blessed by God!

WHAT NEW YEAR HAS TO OFFER
God bless this new year
in which love overcomes
He is always with us
and unfolds great possibilities
all the best for the coming year

Philippians 3:13-14
No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven. (NLT)
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

deejay

Post by deejay » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:23 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Oooooooh my little Shannikins.... :hugs2 :hugs2 :hugs2 :hugs2 :hugs2 My heart did a flip flop at your Dad's passing and all of the garbage going on with his wife alienating you kids from him. That said, in your grief....you wrote beautifully of God's constant love, especially during our trials. What wonderful timing to find out that your having a granddaughter. You will definitely be a GIGANTIC WARM FUZZY and nurturing Grandma in that's baby's life....not to mention your daughter. Now about the encephalitis....that's serious! Can't even imagine dealing with that on its own merit, much less during this time of heartache. Keeping you in my prayers sweetie!

And Jay...thanks 4 the info. Didn't think anything could be re-published....shows how much I don't know.

Awww.....I love kitteh hugs! :mrgreen:

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:00 pm

DeeJay...mes too! The kitties are sooooooooooooooooo darn cute!!!!

Jaybird...my novel? Sitting in the cobwebs of yesteryear...BUT, I've been sooooo thinking about getting going on it again...just feel like I'm not in the right environment at the moment to concentrate....However, God is tugging at me to get about His business, so.....may be dusting those cobwebs away real quick here. Btw...Greeeeat scripture!

AND Miss Lori.....how the heck are you? Where are you? Your new picture is awesome!!!!! And is PCRS a good thing? Don't know what it is.

Shalom for now guys! Gonna git ready for TV's countdown! :heehee Soooo don't have a life!

Return to “The Water Cooler”