Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by b24bomb » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:45 am

AnneRene' wrote:

Wren....thank you for settling that for me with Kara...been thinking about her and wondering if she is still in Thailand. Anyone know?

I think she still is. At least her facebook page says she is. She did have another baby in the last year or so. A little girl who looks adorable according to the pictures. :D

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Lauren is correct, she is still in Thailand and she did have a beautiful baby. I can't believe time has flown so fast. I've been so busy I'm nuttier than usual. Sigh, best get back to work, plus Phin is woofing at me. He's afraid of the dark and I haven't turned on lights yet or maybe he just as to pee... best take him for a jaunt around the yard.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:33 am

thanks guys for the info on kara! awesome about her 2nd baby, a girl at that. one of each now. i'll have to get onto facebook which i haven't for like decades.

Rachel & Lauren....awesome and encouraging about your dedication to write a book. I sooooo need inspiration to do the same. Have had a story idea for like years and years and years. I need to bust out of this rut I've been in by getting back into the writing challenges....YES SHANNIKINS u heard me right. BUT, that is on a burner called "e v e n t u a l l y"
:heehee

btw....just how spooked of the dark IS phin? tell him not to feel bad as auntie holly doesn't like the dark either.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:46 am

Hey Bubbles, I would take one of those kittens, BUT... you would have to bring it up personally. :wink:

I remember Kara having her baby... never could get onto FB to see the pictures. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Pup, I feel horrible. Did my brain freeze or perhaps I'm sleep reading and posting again. (MY cpap has been broken for quite a while and totally unusable for over a week.) Did you say you lost your job or you're working every day? I read several times but couldn't figure out if you were saying you work every day or have every day off. Either way it must be hard, especially since your little monsters are back at school and not able to keep you on your toes. Once things calm down, Amy and I are going to turn your poetry MS into a book, if things calm down while simultaneously I can remember more than my name. I think you should get a kitten. What happened to the stray? Did the aliens get it? Now that you're working for landlord, he should let you have a pet. Speaking of aliens... This week's topic is fantasy or sci-fi. It's right up your alley Pup, and with Holly saying she might enter, perhaps my dream will come true.

Oh Rachel and anyone else who came after they nicknamed everyone but me :tongue AnneMarie is also known as Bubbles (after Michael Jackson monkey) and her human name is Holly. They had nicknames for Karl too, but I can't remember, but her family are doing mission work in Thailand so her avatar name was TongueThaid. It took me months until I got it, but when I did I :rolling :rolling :rolling That was for you wheelygirl so you could say dunah (ssee how long it takes Holly to figure that one out. :D
Oh what is your human name wheelygirl? I asked Pup that once and he told me JesusPuppy so I never figured out why some called him Edweird. I got the weird part... :tongue :tongue :tongue :tongue

Congratulations to all who participated in the challenge. I did quite a few happy dances.
It was nice to see Lauren write once more.
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49549

As well as Rachel
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49571

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I say I'm in for fantasy who's with me?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Shann, on one ever told you Pup's human name? Huh. Btw, thank you for your kind words on my challenge piece. :)

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:42 pm

Hey now that is almost telling secrets. :mrgreen:
Shann-Can from Banana Land wrote:Oh Rachel and anyone else who came after they nicknamed everyone but me :tongue AnneMarie is also known as Bubbles (after Michael Jackson monkey) and her human name is Holly. They had nicknames for Karl too, but I can't remember
Hey I gave you a nickname, it is not my fault it was too long. And Bubbles is Bubbles because she is bubbly, NOT for some chimp. And while on the subject of names... Who is Karl??? :roll:

:tongue

As for me writing.... Don't think so, the best I could do is copy something from my dream journal. But.. I don't really think people would be interested in reading about invading spaceships raining down fire on the Earth, enslaving mankind, ultimately ending when the universe explodes, one sun at a time. :roll:

I know, I need better dreams. Why do you think I don't sleep much. And before you say it.... it has nothing at all to do with watching Doctor Who. HE always saves the universe in the end. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:45 am

OK Miss Shannikins, you adorable, precious little SNIT! I don't get it. "TongueThaid", so tell me already! AND, what about you writing for the challenge? Did you? If so, would you kindly post the thingybopper to take me to the story straightaway...I haaaate going through all the hoops to get there.

One last thingy....thanks for posting the thingboppers for Rachel and Laurens stories. I read them and was like TOTALLY blessed!

AND as for u puppers, you didn't answer shannikins question about who, when an where you work, so get on with it. BTW...thanks for setting our little snit straight about the chimp that I am NOT named after.

Mes being "precious" this morning....I just don't know what's come over me. :heehee

Did anyone notice his itty-bitty rainboots? :mrgreen:

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Hehehe That little picture of the chick is so cute!

So there's a reason I haven't been posting much lately, but seeing as it was the topic for my challenge entry for "humor" I couldn't post too much about it. Even though, had any of you found my entry, you would have known it was me, straight away. Especially if you're Facebook friends with me. But since the okay has been given for "brick throwing" I can reveal my whereabouts.

I have been perched on the couch, watching post season baseball. Unfortunatly, I did have to watch the demise of my team, the Cardinals. I was totally hoping for an I-70 World Series this year. Oh well. I shall now root on the Royals in the World Series.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:16 pm

I would feel bad for your team not getting into the series, Allison, but I root for the Cubs so you may understand why I'm not super sympathetic. :D

Did someone call me a snit? TAH!!!!! Tongue tied is pronounced the same as TongueThaid and she lives in Thailand which is also pronounced like TIEland. And I don't care what you all say, Holly was named after Michael Jackson's monkey. How else would I have known his monkey's name?

Pup, get your cute little tail in motion and write a sci-fi/fantasy story! If not, I'll I'll I'll--well I don't know what just yet, but I'm sure I have something to blackmail you on. I just can't say I'm blackmailing you since I'm a moderator now and supposed to be all prim and proper. (TAH! The jokes on them--me prim and proper??? :? )

Oh and I didn't enter the humor one, but was trying to persuade ya all into writing the sci-fi one. If Pup can convert almost everyone (am I the last holdout?) to watch Dr. Who, surely I can convince ya all into writing a sci-fi/fantasy story.

And tell me the work situation my dear Pup-a-doodle. My brain is too fuzzy to try and figure it all out.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:49 pm

Shann wrote:I would feel bad for your team not getting into the series, Allison, but I root for the Cubs so you may understand why I'm not super sympathetic. :D
I do. But I really was hoping St. Louis could really unite and rally behind the Cardinals, and that St. Louis would be in the national spotlight for a positive reason, after all the chaos and craziness. That's all.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:48 am

Shann wrote:Congratulations to all who participated in the challenge. I did quite a few happy dances.
It was nice to see Lauren write once more.
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49549

As well as Rachel
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=49571

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I say I'm in for fantasy who's with me?
Thanks, Shann. :) I was horrified when I realized that I had a spelling mistake in my title! Oh well--a humbling is good for the soul once in a while. ;) I'll try and post a story for this challenge. Just to make you happy, friend! :D And thanks for filling me in on the nicknames, (even if there is some confusion with the source of one of those nicknames!)

Just love those little red boots, AnneRene!

We had a busy day today. Swimming lessons with all the kiddos and then we bought some fireworks on the way home and set some off after dinner. I guess they made quite an impression on my 2 year-old. At bedtime Joel prayed, "Daddy made some fireworking today. Me scared of that thing. Amen." He's such a little cutie!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:03 am

Weeeeell, mes just hates to burst everyone's bubble B U T, since I am a Californian after all, I am rooting for the GIANTS. :superhappy AND I'm not screaming GIANTS, I just capitalized because, wellll, they're the GIANTS...get it?

Ok...truth is, I'm not even a sports fan but come the world series and the super bowl, I'm totally in! I love rooting for a team. You know, all the hoop and holler. It's fun, UNLESS you don't have anyone to watch it with, which is usually the case. :roll: Also, when I have the time, I research how many Christians are on a team and read their testimonies etc....AND THEN choose a time to root for. I just couldn't resist messing with y'all about the giants. I was being "precious" again.

And as for a fantasy story, I'm working on it. Don't do sci fi and although I watched Dr. Who a couple of times....I'm not converted either.

Anyway Shannikins or should I say Snitikins... :heehee ...Pup quit the store and is going to do maintenance/landscaping. Did I get that right pup? As for the tongue-tied thingy....thanks for enlightening me 'cuz it always bugged me not "getting it".

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:49 am

Sorry to say, I never, ever watch sports. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. You can feel sorry for me, since I am so very ignorant! ;)
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Don't feel bad Rachel, I know enough about sports to be really bored when people start talking about it. :roll:

YES, Shann, I quit working where I was late nights, and have gone back to doing remodels in the day time. For now it is more handyman odd jobs until the landlord gets this property maintenance thing going. I have the work on his place, that helps with rent, any odd jobs I get added to what I make cleaning the laundromat will cover my bills, for the most part. :?

Snuck over and saw the kids yesterday, not that I was missing them yet or anything, I was just over in that area and, ummm... I called first to see if they were home, they must have Caller-ID, Slug answered, speaking fast and very LOUD. "Hi Uncle Ed. Are you coming over to visit me I helped mom make noodle soup you can have lunch with us are you coming over?"

It sounded just like that, but the words were closer together. I could tell she didn't miss me one bit. :lol:

She was waiting on the bumper of their truck when I rode in, piggy-back to the house, drug to the kitchen where she played hostess and dished up soup. Then she read to me from one of her school books. She is reading "Swiss Family Robinson" and she wanted to show off how good she could read.

It was cool. Sitting on their porch with the little Monkey in my lap (She fell asleep) and Slug snuggled beside me reading out loud from her book.

Okay, okay, so I missed them. Its been more than a month. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”