Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 am

I should buy that book... I need all the help I can get. Then too if I start writing good, I wont need an editor. Hummmm..... :roll:

Then too I think it is already too late to help me, as no new writings have burst into my brain lately. It could help in re-writes and ED-iting. :mrgreen:

Funny things happening to me heart that last night or so. Ever have one of those adrenaline rushes where you get the shakes after, for several hours, heart racing along. Normally I can eat something salty and it goes away, but the last few days it has been happening in none stop mode. Well it last for several hours anyway, and me normal coffee break made it real bad last night. I almost didn't go to work. It is not causing dizzy spells or anything else just the racing heart and shakes. Kind of like sky diving did... what a rush that was. But this is just annoying. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:59 am

And NO I am NOT going to some wacky doctor for it, so don't ask Shann. Just pray the Lord fixes it or takes me out of the picture.

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 pm

I wonder if your potassium is low my dear sweet pup who should get his little tail to the doctor but since you already told me no I won't even suggest it. However you could see a nurse practitioner or a physician's assistant :mrgreen: If a little bird told you to go I bet you would. :tongue
Seriously though Pup with your leg cramps and your heart rate i'm worried about your potassium levels. If you have been sweating, pooping or puking a lot that can cause the levels to drop dangerously low. I know you know bananas and oranges would help but also sweet potatoes (a lot of the orange fruit and veggies are high in potassium) cantaloupe, carrots. Also make sure you keep hydrated.

Kate I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I love you and am praying for you.

And Amy's book is awesome. I helped with some of the bad examples. Reminds me of the I Love Lucy episode where she submits her book and is all excited because a publisher wants to use it in a textbook as an example of what not to do!

But Amy's book is re3ally good. The chapter on POV shift has helped me the most. If you have a few spare dollars it is totally worth it.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:16 pm

:thankssign Shann. I agree with you for Pup. Please, Pup eat the foods that will help. i can't urge medical care because I don't trust it either but right foods is always a good idea. Take care.
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 pm

I take Potassium tablets regularly, and even eat me "Bananas" (for the monkey in me). :mrgreen:

And no I wouldn't, Shann. :P

As for solid foods... Ice Cream is solid, isn't it? At least 'til it melts. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Oh Pup gotta love ya. I don't much like doctors myself though you wouldn't know it with all of the times I'm in the hospital. But I usually wait until last minute and then have to go in because my family won't give me any peace and then I have had many close calls where i'm lucky to still be alive. Two summers ago I had the blood infection that kept me in the hospital for most of the summer. Then last summer I had the near death experience where I stopped breathing and they ended up calling a code on me. That is the scariest one. So don't be as stubborn as I am and get it checked out. Where do you get your potassium pills from? Or are they just part of a vitamin? Cuz too much can be just as dangerous as too little.

And where did everyone go? I want you all to come back. I'm dealing with enough changes in my life right now and I need my friends. Don't you all dare go onto the next phase of your life too!

Seema sent me a sweet text/email the other day and it just made me smile to the very bottom of my toes. So thank you. You ALL bring so many good things into my life!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:52 pm

I'm still here, just quieter than usual.

:sofa
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:23 pm

As long as you promise to come out and play when I need you. Even our newer members Marina and Cynthia haven't been around as much. Now I wonder who it was that scared them off? :fingerwag :sleep :angel2
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Shann wrote:As long as you promise to come out and play when I need you.
I'll think about it :wink:
Dum Spiro Spero

cdawson41
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by cdawson41 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm here all the time, reading and seeing what is going on. Life has just really sucked here of late. I can't get my pain levels down and it makes me hateful and ugly to talk to and be around, so I try to keep quiet. But Im here, I've not run off.
Cynthia

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Profile Page FaithWriters
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=58736

My Web/Blog Page
http://cynthiad.weebly.com

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:32 am

Boy... there for a second I thought it was my fault again. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 am

JesusPuppy wrote:it was my fault again. :roll:
you mean still :wink:
Dum Spiro Spero

violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by violin4jesus » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Sorry, Shanny, I was super busy this week with work. Very exhausting days. We had computer trouble on Thursday and I couldn't chart anything on my patient until after 9am and she was on Mag and using the bedpan every hour and I had to keep turning her and calling the doctor and just busy. All. Day. And my patient I had admitted the day before ended up having postpartum complications and was in the ICU by the end of the day so I couldn't even go say hi. :( I was really really tired. Sigh. Only two more weeks of day shift. I sure could use better sleep. It takes everything I can do just to get myself in bed by 11pm.

On a positive note, I am at 28.4 total pounds lost this week since the end of July last year! It is extremely slow going, and I'm not even down to the weight I was at my wedding (which was still 20 lbs. overweight), but at least I'm shrinking. And my veins are starting to pop out more, which is a sign to me that I'm skinnier. :lol: I know I need to work out more, too. If I can drag myself off the couch today I'll probably head to the gym.

Put in my request to take off work in mid-July since I still haven't been able to visit my baby niece, Kylie. Hopefully they'll approve it and I can make a quick jaunt to Seattle. My parents will probably hold a quick birthday party for me since my birthday's only a couple weeks after my visit. I think I'll get the vacation approved; I'm doing them a lot of favors right now and it's only two days off I'm asking for. Because we only work three days a week (12 hour shifts) I can easily get 6 days off if I need it, most of the time.

Hope all y'all's Saturday is going well. Sunny and balmy again today in the lovely SoCal region. I should go to the beach, really. :roll: Just gotta drag myself off the couch.

violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by violin4jesus » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Pup, you need to get your labs checked ASAP. Seriously. It could be a thyroid thing and that can be very very dangerous to your health. Even electrolyte levels could seriously mess you up if they're off. :cop I mean it!

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:12 am

IMPORTANT NOTE:

You may have noticed that we are closing down all the Neighbourhoods on the forums in the next week or so; however, Pacific Coast rest-stoppers will all be safely moved to the Water Cooler. So your discussions can continue without any disruption.

Please spread the word to those regulars you know who may not be back before the move.

This is being done for a number of reasons. The main one is that the message boards are seen as just too big and overwhelming for new members. So this will help reduce the size a little.

The other reason is that the neighborhoods have served their purpose. When the boards were very active (prior to Facebook) it did seem appropriate to provide little areas for chat related to particular countries or regions. However, those days are long gone. Now, the risk is that people feel isolated from groups like this. In fact, that's not a risk. That's a reality. Although the welcome mat is out for all, I know that not everyone realizes that. So this is a way to let others know the door is open to everyone.

Anyway, if I have any problem moving this thread, I will let you know. However, if all goes well, you will find the Pacific Coast Rest-Stop safely in the Water Cooler sometime in the next few days.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to “The Water Cooler”