Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Rebecky wrote:I'm not arguing... :wink:
Well that's no fun. I like it when you and Pup exchange wits. It's more entertaining than reality tv and though you both are mostly kidding instead of picking it's more real than reality tv! :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Just popping in to invite you all to a pity party I'm throwing for myself serving mud pies and worms in dirt.

Trying to keep an upbeat attitude but not faring very well. Ever since I had my hysterectomy I can't tell when I'm PMSing. I know TMI but wanted to blame this funk on something. It does seem every so often the aliens in my basement take control of my brain and manage to do a doozy on it. They scream about what a burden I am and how the world would be better off without me. Then it seems like the simplest words can turn into a horrific argument where I feel like the few who do love me wish they didn't have to.

But in the midst of my turmoil, I received the sweetest text. It simply said "I love you! " and had a smiley face. It was dear sweet Becky.

Also yesterday Barb sent me a PM telling me she loved me.

Amy also has been continually encouraging me.

I can feel the rest of you praying and lifting me up

So thank you all so much. God knew I needed some extra loving cuz even my husband sent me a random I love you txt. He doesn't do it very often.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Amen, Kate!
If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
~John 15:18-19
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Shann wrote:
Well that's no fun. I like it when you and Pup exchange wits. It's more entertaining than reality tv and though you both are mostly kidding instead of picking it's more real than reality tv! :D
You mean this isn't reality TV? :shock:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:15 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Shann wrote:
You mean this isn't reality TV? :shock:
lol, No puppy it's real life! :shock: :lol:

Shann, I knew my text would make you feel loved because you are loved. I knew you would appreciate it, cause really who doesn't feel appreciated with an i love you text :)
Dum Spiro Spero

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:06 am

Shann, the world shmworld, its a sad place without God. But we would NOT be better off without out. You are so helpful and encouraging to all of us here, in so many ways. So don't let those aliens think that this world is anything to get excited about. You are loved! :wink:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:58 am

Thank you dear sweet Kara. I despise these slumps I get in. Hopefully I'm trying to pull myself out of my physical slump. I managed to go to church Sunday. Then Bible study Monday and went to lunch and shopping Wed. Today before 9 am I've gotten up and put a load of wash in and in a minute I'm going to hang it out on the line. I picked up some and sorted through Lyd's college stuff and picked the litterbox. The next step is to try to eat something other than rice cakes with honey which has been my main diet for about a month or so. Some days I can motivate myself to eat a yogurt or a banana with PB and yesterday I had small steak and peas. I need to start writing down what I'm eating and follow the calories plus how much I walk. Last time I did that I lost 60 pounds. I also need to get back to doc to check my shoulder, hip and knee that are swollen and red. Plus on the other side (my left side is my normal pain but also the side that was weakened by whatever happened in Dec either a mini stroke or encephalitis. I'm supposed to go back to neuro but believe it or not I'm almost as bad as Pup when it goes to actually go into the office. Even though I'm in hospital way too much, I rarely go into office. I did go in Oct. but before that it was like 3 years since he had seen me in office. He is great about knowing that I know when I need refills or new med or when I'm sick enough to be admitted. However, if I keep canceling my appt with him and don't connect with neuro doc soon he might make it more difficult for me to just have a phone appt.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:08 am

Rebecky wrote: No puppy it's real life!
How boring. Just goes to prove what I have always said... I need to get a life. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi guys, thanks for missing me. Sorry I haven't been around. Been doing more reading and resting than being online lately. Had quite a bit of work this week but had to drop a couple of classes cuz they were too much for me physically (I mentioned that before but no one responded so not sure if you saw it). So now I only have four hours of work a week. I'd like more, but there weren't any others that weren't at the far campuses.

But, God is always looking out for me. I'd stopped doing editing and formatting when I was working more but now all of a sudden I have a number of people asking me to do projects. Plus I'll be taking the National Interpreter's Certification in June and maybe this way I'll have more energy to prepare for it.

My shoulder got a lot better but both of them are still really sore and bothering me a lot. Seems like the therapy helped a ton at first but not so much now, and the last one he tried doing it a little deeper and then it actually made things worse. :|

I read through the posts I'd missed. Hugs and love to you all.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:28 am

Its raining its pouring, somebody is snoring (my dad)

So we had fun yesterday. My brother brought our old car back and went to put a new starter in and turns out its damaged. Dad is sick. Grandfather got "lost" while walking bit its impossible to get lost here and he was hallucinating all day which is part of the disease.

:(
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:27 pm

So my mom got a Kindle Fire and now I"m going to use her old kindle for book reading. I don't really like my nook for reading because its so heavy and I like the e-ink on the kindle.

Also, I think I mentioned about my mom and I left our old church earlier in the year, now my friend and her mom are leaving that same church. Basically just a lot of the same things going on and its bad but I feel like the Pastor just has this "I'm God" complex. Thats how he acts, like he's God and in control of everything and everyone.

I don't know.
Dum Spiro Spero

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Becky, it's unfortunate that a pastor becomes controlling. When church acts like the way the world conducts business it will create friction.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Becky so sorry to hear about your grandfather's confusion. It must be super hard to watch. I know pastors like the one you mentioned. It can be scary because it can turn quickly into something bad like a cult.

Amy, I love your positive attitude about God taking care of you. I need to remember that too. Hmm maybe he will have other plans for me on Wed and I can cancel doctor appt again! :mrgreen:

I'm going to read a few challenges then go to bed early. If anyone is interested mine is in level 3 called grief.

I really need to get going on the church newsletter but I just don't want to! The weather here is so crazy, no wonder I ache. It was in mid 80s at the end of the week but now 3 inches of snow is in forecast. Guess it's a good thing I didn't get too eager to plant my garden.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:34 am

Becky it is sad to hear of yet another pastor gone the way of all flesh, leaving God out. I could really weigh in here about why the idea of one person (male or female) in charge is an un-Biblical trap that the enemy loves. Hierarchical systems breed this destructive pattern. Okay sermon over.

I agree with Shann, Amy love to see you share how God is working all things out for good.

Shann, your weather sounds like ours can be at times. We have had some lovely days and now some days of rain. God is using water colors to paint the grass green and grow it so the sheep can get out to pasture.

We visited our neighbors yesterday. Ian was baking scones and we took some over and they made us an impromptu meal. Their nephew, Kaspars is with them. He is our adopted (unofficially) grandson.
He was unjustly fired from his saw mill job, the boss is a rage-aholic and he is well shod of the place but now needs to find another job. He is interviewing in our village for a construction job this week. Please pray that it is a go. It would be lovely to have him near. :superhappy

Oh yes, when it reaches your Monday the 23rd HAPPY ST. GEORGE'S DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honoring ENGLAND!!
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:43 am

Nice try, Shann, but you ARE going to that doctor appointment. :cop

Becky, I've seen a lot of pastors with that "God complex" too. It's sad. I'm glad you found a better one. Maybe your friends will come visit your new church? And it must be scary to have your grandpa hallucinating and getting lost. Hugs.

Which Nook do you have? I have the regular original Nook and it has an ink screen and is just as light as the Kindle, if not lighter. I got the one without 3G because it was lighter. I'm trying to loan Shann a book on Nook but it's not going through. The tech people told us to cancel the loan and try again, so I'm waiting for the cancel request to go through.

Kate, that would be cool if your friend got the job near you. Praying for that.

Funny about Shann's snow because we had record highs today and it's still hot! After church we spent the afternoon at my childhood best friend's baby shower. A little bit of me was sad because we were inseparable since birth for so many years but then she's gotten busy and hasn't made much time for me, plus I always thought we'd have babies at the same time and that our kids would grow up inseparable, too. But mostly it was just nice to see everyone and spend time with her and her family.

I have a prayer request, too. I got another request for a big editing job. It would be one that would be good on my portfolio but I would have to put Voices of the Dark on hold in order to focus on this book. It's going to be a deep edit that requires a lot of work, but should pay fairly well.

I'm needing to have a proposal for Voices of the Dark ready by August when I'm going to a big writing conference in Oregon, but since I've been published before, maybe it'll be okay to not have the whole rough draft completed before I propose.....

I need to decide on the job soon, so please pray for clarity. It would be nice to have some income over the summer, but is it worth putting my book on hold for it....
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Return to “The Water Cooler”