Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:18 am

Yes.. weird. :roll:

Mine are normally in the lines of end time destruction, bombs, missiles, flames... One a saw aliens attacking, but that was after watching all the "Alien" movies in one night. It was cool stealing one of their spaceships though. :mrgreen:

KitKat, praying God's leading for the study, that it may open greater doors for you. Or at least a bright ray of sunshine through the window. :wink:

Ok some of you see our Little Bird on FaceBook... anyone hear how she is doing? The new client, the post as moderator on the Kids FW site, health and well being. :?
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:22 am

Kalnozoli Kate wrote:No peaches, except canned from the shop and no pizza though there is a pizzeria in one of our large towns. Love peach crisp and apple crisp.

The only reason I have peaches is that there is one time a year, one spot in Thailand where they grow them and only because its a Queen's project agricultural center. So every year we drive up there just so we can get peaches. Its not very well known, but its beautiful and the peaches are always sooo tasty!

Shann- so glad you to see you on again! Very sorry to hear about your friend. We have been missing you around here, but glad you are taking things easy but still managing to find the energy to cheer on the newbies and challenges!

So I found out some discouraging news today. Well bitter sweet I should say, mostly bitter. I found out I have Candida. Part of me is relieved to have a name for the way i feel all the time and that there is hope of feeling better. But it also means having to give up lots of yummy foods. The next few months will be challenging as I adjust and find the right diet and supplements that work for me. I guess overall I am excited to get healthy and hopefully be more energetic and lose weight (that would be amazing!)

I guess now I am most concerned about traveling this summer and the fact that I will be staying with so many different people and going out to eat lots in the States, it will be difficult starting a new diet :?
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:14 pm

On the 10th Little Bird said "Worked a little today and had another chiro treatment (looks like it'll take a bit to get any major results, but neck is a tad less tight) and then a myotherapy treatment."

Becky, your peach pie sounds yummy!

Kate, can one eat turkey eggs? If so, how do they taste compared to chicken eggs?

Mom made 3 dozed deviled eggs for yesterday's church potluck, along with scalloped potatoes and a green bean recipe I found online (it has bean, onions, mushrooms & carrots).
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:49 pm

Also, yesterday, an interesting man visited our church; he sat with us at the potluck. The man, named Houy (Rouy?), has been walking for 11 years across the US and throughout the world, including the Middle East. He is somewhat an architect and constructs things. He doesn't use a car as he said there's enough polution.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:19 am

How old was he? Sounds like he could be my twin. I still walk everywhere, well unless I ride me bike or take the bus. Or fly in a plane if it is toooo far. Ok so I am getting lazy. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Jay, we don't eat the turkey eggs we are hoping for many chicks.

Kara, just so glad you can get the lovely peaches.

Becky, that was some dream and that you remember the details. i dream in detail, also. It was years after my strokes before I could remember any dreams. It seemed very strange.

I hope Amy is okay, just busy. She posted on FB 18 hours ago about a knitting project.

Got our porch room Spring cleaned today just need to go over the floor again tomorrow. Maybe do the window inside and out. Ian helped and then did a major clean up out near our drive (read, muddy track) On most Latvian farms of any age there is stuff, tin, wire, glass etc. all over the place not to mention horse shoes, parts of carts. He spent the afternoon burning up junk wood and leaves under the big trees near our drive. He raked and raked and the metal junk pile grows daily. Hope the local metal dealer comes around soon.

Cheers, I'm off and no Pup, not like spoiled milk. :tongue
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:54 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:How old was he? Sounds like he could be my twin. I still walk everywhere, well unless I ride me bike or take the bus. Or fly in a plane if it is toooo far. Ok so I am getting lazy. :lol:
Pup, I'm not sure how old he is. He had a long, grey beard. I would guess 40ish. If you see him say "Hi!"

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi all, thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I think I'm going to write about it for the challenge. It's a hard topic and I think a lot will quote the verse in Ecclesiastes or write about marriage. I like to try and go outside of the box some.

Becky, sounds like your dream has the makings of a story in it. Maybe God gave it to you as some kind of a message that only you can understand. I can think of several. The first one is being lonely and a stranger in your own house. Not saying that's how you feel but I could see a story revolved around an MC who feels like she doesn't belong in her home or maybe church. You could even work it into this week's topic! God often talks to me in my dreams because I think that is when I'm most open. Other times he asks me to do something I may not want to do and avoid it like crazy until he drops bricks on my head. He did that with my friend's death.

Kara glad you had a nice little mini break and got some peaches! I have a feeling peaches might be scarce around here this year because of the wacky weather. It got warm way too earlier and the fruit trees blossomed but then the temp dropped back into the 20s so they are speculating that the fruit crops may have been damaged. I didn't realize you were coming to the states this year. Don't suppose you'll be near me in the middle of nowhere? What is candida? The first thought was fear or dislike of Canada! :D Then I thought about yeast infections but that is fairly easy to cure with cultured yogurt. A bit of microbiology for you the reason females can get chronic yeast infections is when the normal bacteria that is found in the vagina becomes scarce then the yeast flourishes. Lactobacillus is the good bacteria that is normally found there so that is why doctors recommend eating yogurt because it is also the bacteria that is in yogurt. Sometimes you can get all of the good bacteria that is normally found in the digestive system wiped out because of antibiotics for another infection say kidney or bronchitis and it kills the bacteria causing the infection but also the good bacteria that is found in the digestive tract. The treatment is often Vancomyicin and you guessed it plain cultured yogurt. You can't have the kind with fruit in it because fruit will cause more diarrhea. i know this is all probably TMI. Sorry :oops: I pray that you will get all things figured out and start to feel real better lickety split.

Pup, I've talked or txted with Amy almost every day. She is immersed in the Hunger Games books right now. She just finished the first one and started the second. I harassed her with pretending to give away details cuz I had read the book a day or so before she did but I couldn't get her to fall for my tricks. She is too smart for that or knows me too well. However, I don't have book 2 and 3 so she could get even with me on it but we all know she is tooooooo sweet to pick on me. Her shoulder is still hurting her and her cat entertains her by puking on her bed and pouncing on her head when she is trying to sleep. She doesn't seem to be working as many days this quarter either. Still has hours but on different days.

Kate glad to hear things are going good. Did you write a story about holidays? You will have lots of little turkeys running around. It will seem like you are on the Rest Stop!

Jay the man at church sounds like he would have a lot of interesting stories. I hope you are staying healthy and out of trouble!

Hugs dear sweet Holly, thanks for all of your support. You thinking about entering the challenge?

Hugs to everyone else. I hope things are going well with work dear sweet Barbie. Seema you are so often in my thoughts and prayers. I've been thinking of you a lot this month. Shelley haven't seen you around in a while but can feel your gentle presence and prayers.

Love and hugs to all of the rest of ya!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:13 pm

I am lonely a lot but I don't feel like a stranger in my own home, more like I feel like a stranger in this world. Like I don't belong.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:17 pm

I feel like that a lot too Becky. I still think there is a great story in that dream of yours Hugs
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:42 am

Re-Becky wrote:I am lonely a lot but I don't feel like a stranger in my own home, more like I feel like a stranger in this world. Like I don't belong.
I knew it.. she is an alien. No wonder the government doesn't need to hide any in her basement. :roll:

Hunger Games huh? I don't like reading the books before the movie, always make me disappointed in the movie. Oh well, let her know I WAS worried, now I see she is normal... her head stuck in a book. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:41 am

Shann, I didn't enter holiday. Just couldn't get anything going. Trying this week but so far nada.

I didn't belong in my family either, most of the time. I knew my grandma loved me and a couple of my uncles but that was it. Didn't belong in school except for 3 of the years in high school. I have belonged in a few churches, a bit. But the reality is as children of God this world is not our home. No one knows us like our Father in heaven, no sibling understands us like Jesus and no one person moves us like the Holy Spirit. Hey could that be the key to a challenge entry?

Must go I have to force myself to get ready to go to the doctor to get my regular prescriptions, ugh! it is a lovely sunny day and I want to stay home and get on with lots of cleaning jobs. :roll: :wink:
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:06 am

... but pup I don't have a basement.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Rebecky wrote:... but pup I don't have a basement.
But he is saying you don't need the basement cuz you are the alien! I wouldn't take that one sitting down Becky! :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 pm

I'm not arguing... :wink:
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”