Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Friday the 13th has been rather good to me so far, BEAUTIFUL day out, and I am having pizza for munchies. Still have the clothes to get washed but I'm in no hurry for that. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Forgive me, Becky, I sure didn't want to upset you. My bad.

Yeah, slow on the board.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:42 am

Hi guys, Pup so happy for your sunshine and pizza. Jay, you are good.

Hoping for sunshine here if the clouds will scootch away. :roll: :wink:

The last week of the month we are going to get a shed load of goodies from England, like HP sauce, steak and kidney pies, marmalade, Bisto, Yorkshire tea bags and a humane stunner with cartridges.
We have met a new friend who is a friend of some friends. She is sending a lorry load of humane aid and did some shopping for us as well. :coolsign This is a real answer to prayer. :thumbs
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 am

Goodies from home? You make it sound like a treasure of great worth. I am sure you will use it well, and not just stun the neighbor's dog to see how it works. :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:52 am

[color=#8000FFThe neighbors dog is safe as long as he does not worry the sheep. That's farmer talk for chase or torment. In England if a dog does this the farmer is allowed to dispatch the dog. Most farmers keep their dogs well away from neighbors sheep. Londoners are not so smart when they visit the countryside.

It is a treasure as it makes it easier and more humane for Ian to slaughter. Also, :superhappy we are getting a box of books and a box of goodies like HP Sauce, Bisto, steak and kidney pies and other bits that cannot be had here. So treasures for certain. :D [/color]
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 am

Kit-Kat I know all too well some of the treasures you speak of! We have our list of goodies that people will bring or send over, they become precious commodities.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 am

Kara you were talking about peaches, and i made a peach crisp last night. It has sliced peaches in the bottom of a 8 inch baking dish and with the oatmeal cookie mix you have to mix butter in, throw on top of the peaches and then bake it at 375° for 25-30 minutes.

Its yummy. :D
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:59 am

jaybird wrote:Forgive me, Becky, I sure didn't want to upset you. My bad.

Yeah, slow on the board.
Fine! I forgive you!
:heehee

In all seriousness, there really isn't anything to forgive you were just teasing and i over reacted.
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:01 am

JesusPuppy wrote: I am having pizza
:shock:
:o :(

I'm jealous.
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:20 am

Rebecky wrote:Kara you were talking about peaches, and i made a peach crisp last night. It has sliced peaches in the bottom of a 8 inch baking dish and with the oatmeal cookie mix you have to mix butter in, throw on top of the peaches and then bake it at 375° for 25-30 minutes.

Especially for breakfast with coffee :D
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:11 am

Shannikins...I hope you are coming out of whatever is making you hurt. I will continue to pray for you in the spirit since my heart is heavy for your continual burden and I know the spirit intercedes perfectly for my anguished heart and inadequate words to the Lord.

Puppers...I had pizza the other day for a midday snack, which is rare, and it was good, good, good!

Kitkat...I am happy with you and for you, as I so understand the grateful heart for blessings others send our way.

Beakers, Barbarina, Timmy-Tot, Karakins, Shelleykins, and Jaybird.....Hi-Ya! :mrgreen:

Well, off to household chores, cooking sugo (spaghetti sauce), laundry, and you name it.

SPRING IS IN THE AIR!

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Hey all, I had to read on here to realize that there even was a Friday the 13th. I'm really out of it. Ever since my Grandma died on Friday the 13 then a few days later Mom's aneurysm ruptured my family tends to not mention it.

I agree with the challenge. One of the guys I helped sent me a desperate email asking WHAT??? I've had a few ideas but haven't written anything yet. I wish I hadn't already written about my vision of the three cords when I almost died. The first thing I thought of was an umbilical cord because it has three vessels in it. Two arteries going in and only one vein going out. I'm sure there is some great wisdom in that.

Glad to see that everyone is around and doing good.(for the most part) I've thought of you all often but just haven't been up to getting online much and when I do have the energy I've been trying to leaving comments on challenges or welcoming newbies.

Just fond out my best friend from high school died. I'm still in shock. I guess after hearing several different stories she died of pneumonia and was in a coma and then her kidneys and liver failed. She has had a problem with alcohol in the past so that might have had something to do with it. Still seems way too young to die.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Rebecky wrote:Kara you were talking about peaches, and i made a peach crisp last night. It has sliced peaches in the bottom of a 8 inch baking dish and with the oatmeal cookie mix you have to mix butter in, throw on top of the peaches and then bake it at 375° for 25-30 minutes.

Thats so funny cause in the evening I totally made a peach crisp!! and it was SO YUMMY! I topped it with vanilla icecream...sadly no leftovers for breakfast :(
Rebecky wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote: I am having pizza
:shock:
:o :(

I'm jealous.
Also had pizza for dinner... weird!
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:16 am

No peaches, except canned from the shop and no pizza though there is a pizzeria in one of our large towns. Love peach crisp and apple crisp.

Shann, so good to hear from you. Sorry about your friend's early death, remembering your loved one's deaths and feeling less than spectacular. Praying for a boost of energy for you and lots of springiness in your life.

I didn't know that about the umbilical cord. Interesting for certain. According to the forum the whole idea is about three and the strength it brings. I am not into it yet, still hoping and praying. I guess the old adage 'two's company, three's a crowd' cannot be used here. :lol: :lol: :book2 :tongue

Raining heavy here today. Ian is working in the green house planting out seeds both flower and veg. Also making a nesting box for our turkeys who have produced 13 eggs so far, about 1 day.

I hope to do something of value today but very weary. Had some encouraging news this morning. A Bible study in our village has been asking us to join. We learned today that a guy who made an unsuccessful bid for Parliament but who meets with government leaders to pray, is in this study. We are friends with him on Facebook and his English is excellent. We believe this is a major breakthrough for us as to why we are here. Prayers appreciated as we go to the study on the 24th. We go to encourage and see where God leads. :superhappy

Greetings to one and all. Ian just walked past my window in the pouring rain taking Lass for a morning walk/run. :thumbs :D
Blessings, Kathleen

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 am

Its supposed to be really warm today, around 85º.

Good thing I've decided to do pretty much nothing and just relax. Although my friend and I are going to go out tonight and see the ducks at the water.

I had a very weird dream this morning. It was about a woman and her two kids who just took over my backyard and pool. The woman was not all there mentally and thought this house was hers and her kids were kind of quiet and almost robotic. Almost like they only did what their mentally challenged mother told them to do. Like the son jumped into our pool and then her and her daughter was laying out in the sun. When she saw me she was insisting I leave her house. Then she tried giving me her "Fancy" car and just go (which is actually my brothers not so fancy broken down car that doesn't work) and when I insisted the house belonged to my parents for the last (almost) 30 years she insisted that I was lying. When I suggested calling the police and have them sort out the mess she got angry and indignant. So I just said, "ok, I'll go inside then." and then she got syrupy sweet and told me to enjoy anything I wanted, eat anything out of the fridge. So then when I went inside I called the police and they took her and her kids away (not sure what they did with her) next thing I knew they handed me paper and a pen and wanted me to write down my statement or something and then I woke up.

lol weird, weird dream!
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”