Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Sparrow

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Sparrow » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:10 pm

I think I mentioned that I had another class added to the beginning of two of my other jobs? It ended up being a very difficult one physically and then I had to race all the way across campus to get to the next one in time. So I decided to take care of myself and drop it. Thankfully my boss understood and was able to find someone to take it right away.

So I told you that someone requested me, right? I went into that class all flustered from rushing across campus and barely getting there right on the dot. Then someone I knew from somewhere else walked up all excited to see me and was wanting to chat. I was happy to see them, too, but sort of confused because I knew them from somewhere else and couldn't quite place who they were cuz I didn't usually see them at the college. And I was all focused on work and needing to find my client and introduce myself to the teacher, etc, so I sort of said hi and then brushed them off, figuring I could talk to them after class.

All of a sudden I realized that friend was my client. :lol: :oops: I didn't know they were attending college now. Anyway, cool to be interpreting for a friend (not someone I know real well, actually more of a friend of a friend, but still, fun). I explained my confusion and then we chatted a bit after class, too.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:18 am

Shann, I knew you were still alive, the sun has returned to the sky. I am sorry you have been going through it but praying for health and renewal at this Easter tide. You have been on my mind and heart for several days.

Anyone know anything about this Christian News we've been invited to submit articles to and Robert the guy who is asking?
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:20 am

I haven't heard anything about that. Where did you see it?
Shann wrote:Sorry just read the posts at the top of the page and can't believe you guys are still arguing about pencil colors! you were doing that 2 weeks ago. And that's why I love you -- when I get lonely and miss the time when my kids were little I just have to come here and then I appreciate the maturity in them! :D
Becky? I think she just called YOU immature. Couldn't have been talking about me.... :roll:
tonguethaid wrote: Becky for the win!!
Naaaaa.. I just let her think so now and then to cut back on the arguments. :wink:

OOOh I got me a new shirt today, well yesterday but still. And it is more an over shirt, not quiet a jacket, but cool just the same. I could wear it by itself or over a ruffled shirt, which is what I do. I will try to get a picture done soon. Of course it is in black and white, they had blue and gold as well but I didnt like the blue... way to bright for a shirt. Anyway... It's cool looking.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:48 am

tonguethaid wrote: Becky for the win!!
Yay! Go me!! I win!!

... I can't believe Shann called puppy immature! :heehee :heehee
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:46 am

I have but one thing to say to that.

JesusPuppy Profile

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:23 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:I haven't heard anything about that. Where did you see it?

OOOh I got me a new shirt today, well yesterday but still. And it is more an over shirt, not quiet a jacket, but cool just the same. I could wear it by itself or over a ruffled shirt, which is what I do. I will try to get a picture done soon. Of course it is in black and white, they had blue and gold as well but I didnt like the blue... way to bright for a shirt. Anyway... It's cool looking.
I got it in a private message and thought probably you all had it.

Love to see your picture and a new shirt is always an uplifter.
Want further uplifting? Go to Utube and search out Tony Campolo, Its Friday but Sunday's a comin I worked with his son at the now defunct South Coast Community Church in the 80's. Tony is the Man!!!
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:42 am

Thank you Jesus, for saving such a sinner like me.

Hi Guys....thinking 'bout y'all and sending my heartfelt love and appreciation for your fellowship.

Shannikins....just pain 'ole wish we lived closer. Lifting you up in prayer honeykins.

Gotta go make some corn pudding. TTY'all later!

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:49 am

Well in the morning we are going up to the mountains by the border. They have beautiful gardens and orchards. The best part is that only at this one spot as this time of year they have peaches!! I love peaches and they are so amazing. Plus its cooler and just beautiful. But its a long long way from cell phone reception, so won't be able to check in for a week.

Hope you all take care and have a Happy Easter!!
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:25 am

Wow. Everyone must have been really busy this weekend. Me? I was just working and being lazy. I am downloading some old videos... Lost in Space. The old black and white Sci-Fi show. I know.. corny, but it is fun to watch while I wait for the new Doctor Who shows to start up. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:57 am

We have been enjoying the sunshine and I have been writing. I was asked to do a guest post on the CBE Scroll. I am way overdue to post a blog entry on my site and there is the Challenge for this week. :book2 :wink: :roll:
Our friends in the south of Latvia had 4 inches of snow on Easter, we had only showers and nothing stayed, thankfully. The storks, cranes and swans have arrived with sunshine predicted for this week and even warming temps above freezing in the day time. We have eaten lunch outside 3 times. We are hardy folk. :lol:
Blessings, Kathleen

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Hardy har har. I have lunch outside a lot.. then too my lunch is normally coffee, and I have to go out to the Coffee Cafe to get it. :roll:

Glad to hear the weather is warming there KitKat. I haven't seen swans in the wild in some time. There is a family unit in a park in CoosBay, but I think the park system people cares for it and keeps it at the park there just so folks can see one.

JesusPuppy Profile

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:12 am

Pup, you must be an alien. You don't eat, except for sweets or coffee and you don't sleep. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :roll: :wink: :lol: 8) :?
Blessings, Kathleen

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 am

I worked at the daycare yesterday and I had the school age kids in the morning for an hour or two and one of the girls had an iPod touch and was taking photos without anyone knowing until she started showing me the pictures. She had taken some inappropriate photos of me and of another staffer.

:| :(
Dum Spiro Spero

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Pup, coffee isn't lunch - wait a minute neither is the apple pie I'm eating for lunch, eek the apples are hard!

Becky, you were being inappropriate? hmm...

I saw a crane once, flying out the thicket.

Can we talk about a deeper subject like a well?

My church music director came by and helped me with my sis's wedding song. We got a good start with what I already had.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:55 pm

No, I was not being inappropriate.

I knew I shouldn't of said anything about it.

Geez.
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”