Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:57 am

Rebecky wrote:my posts must not show up so i guess i'll stop posting altogether
Don't you dare. :fingerwag

Do like everyone.. including meself.. when a post doesn't take. Do it again.

And no KitKat I don't really want a clothes line. I like going to the laundromat, you meet the strangest.. I mean nicest of peoples there. :wink: Besides I don't get out enough anyway, take that away and it would be even less of a social life. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:30 pm

I can see your posts, Becky.

Pup, at least hang up shower curtains before you bathe out doors.

Amy's internet is down as she's changing providers.

Any one have or want a Kindle here? :book2
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Jay, I want a Kindle because it is cheaper and of course faster to get books. Otherwise I have to pay postage plus the going rate. :D
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Kindles and Nooks and other such E-Readers may be cool and easy to use, but there is something about the feel and smell of a good book. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:26 am

I have a Kindle and like Kit-Kat said, living overseas its the easiest way to get books. But I am definitely a fan of real books. I actually have a lovely collection from my late great grandmother who had quite the collection of old books. My grandmother was just going to give them to goodwill, my heat nearly stopped.

There's an 1880's print edition of The Scarlet Letter. Its probably not worth much, but there is something amazing about old books. I once was in a shop that has a bunch of old books and there was a handwritten note on the cover from the early 1900's, I am such a sucker for those sweet moments captured in time.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am

So true Kara. I too love old books and just plain books. I have fond memories of trolling through book shops in Oxford and going to the town that is all book shops in England. But now having a Kindle would make life a bit easier. I have the Kindle app on my computer, the free one from Amazon.co.uk but being able to sit comfortably and read a hand held Kindle is now my dream. To get one I have to order from Amazon.com and pay the earth for shipping. Just not in the budget what with needing a new clutch for the tractor and other bits and pieces for the farm plus house.

Oh fudge cakes, i just looked out the window to see a major snow shower happening. Maybe it is just white rain, ha ha ha. :roll: :wink: :lol:

I see you Becky. Pup any sun yet? Shannikins what's happening. Miss you Amy. Hello to all you lovely people from Latvia. :thumbs
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:28 am

Hi guys, we got desperate and bought temporary internet while waiting for the other one to kick in. Whew. Those coffee shop chairs were doing me in. But I had to send and get email every day or so for work and writing-related stuff.

Before the message boards got updated, they only had a few font colors to pick from and they had names instead of numbers. It greatly helped this whole pencil debate thing because the one called "orange" was exactly the same color as the pencil.

So my laptop has been freezing all the time and the power cord squeals (really!) and half the keys are stuck and it took like five minutes to switch screens. So with my tax rebate I bought a new laptop and a small version of PhotoShop! yay! This one is smaller and lighter than the old one, too, so easier to carry. I had to pay a little more to get a processor big and fast enough for my graphic design stuff, but it'll save me money to be able to do my own book covers for PeP and I might be able to sell some freelance ones, too.

It's rather amazing to click on something and have it open. Like, right then. :shock: Though it did freeze up on my today... If it does that again I might have to bring it back to see what they say.

I can't figure out how to get my email set up on the new one, though, so I was stuck with the old turtle when I went out to the coffee shops this week. I need to find an old copy of Word, too, cuz the light version this has doesn't have track changes or Outlook Express.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:30 am

Ammmmmyyyyyy you are back so happy. bummer for a new one that already freezes what is that. Nice though that you could get a new one and photo shop. Glad for the temporary Internet. Tired now, think I'll nap. :sofa :sleep :sleep :sleep
Blessings, Kathleen

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:34 am

Amy when I got my computer I had to buy Microsoft Office, but I went with the code one and its cheaper but still expensive.

Also, I know how to set up email in like Outlook and other "programs" if you need help.

Oh and as far as nooks and kindles go. I have a Nook but I mostly use it has a tablet. Play games, go on the internet that kind of thing. I don't like reading books on it at all. I like real books.

For those of us that prefer real books, do you suppose it truly makes us REAL book worms? lol
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:44 pm

As apposed to robotic worms...? Hummmmmmm.

Yes. It makes us real worms.
Sparrow wrote:It greatly helped this whole pencil debate thing because the one called "orange" was exactly the same color as the pencil.
I am so glad you remembered that.

And yes Jay I saw sunlight.. then I woke up and it was still raining. I hate waking up. :roll: But at least I did sleep for almost 3 whole hours this morning.

JesusPuppy Profile

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:24 pm

Rebecky wrote:For those of us that prefer real books, do you suppose it truly makes us REAL book worms? lol
I still read both paper books and Nook books. I like them both. And yes, I do need help setting up my email. I put the settings on the new laptop's webmail to be exactly the same as my old computer's Outlook Express but it's not working....

Thanks for the welcome back, Kate! :)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:37 am

Happy Birthday Amy!!! :party :party :party :birthday :shiney2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2
Blessings, Kathleen

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:43 am

So I think FB is messed up... it's saying today is Amy's birthday but I know I remember her birthday being in August sometime.

Thought I was going crazy-er but I looked at her Facebook back in august of last year and sure enough she had happy bday posts.

Maybe neither of those days are her bday... GASP :O ;)
Dum Spiro Spero

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:14 am

Oh well, birthday wishes are never wasted. Clever, Becky that you pursued that. Maybe Amy can solve the mystery.
Blessings, Kathleen

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:20 am

maybe she's playing an April fools joke :D
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”