Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Rebecky » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:43 am

Yes, I do have carpal tunnel.
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:38 pm

okay...me's getting a complex. :oops: Everytime I post, everybody splits or lies low.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:47 pm

AnneRene' wrote:okay...me's getting a complex. :oops: Everytime I post, everybody splits or lies low.
Not me...
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Rebecky wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:okay...me's getting a complex. :oops: Everytime I post, everybody splits or lies low.
Not me...
No, not ewe cutie and actually, I know how busy most everyone is as I am the worst one for coming and going on an irregular basis due to my schedule.....so just "kinda-sorta" kidding. :mrgreen: Shannikins used to say the same thing, so I was copying her now that it's my timing for thinking just maybe me's scared everyone away......BUT, for real....just kidding....although....if you had not posted then maybe I would really think I done scared everyone away.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:03 am

Hi guys, the new myotherapists have helped. My shoulder is a lot better. Did I tell you that it turned out they aren't regular physical therapists? Remember a few years ago when I did that study through OHSU and got free myofacial release therapy that helped so much but was really expensive so I couldn't afford to keep going after the study was over. Anyway, this husband and wife couple do a very similar thing and it's way less expensive.

Holly, I luv ya. I just have been tired and not on much. Sowwy.

Becky, poor kitty. Can you afford to take her in to get stitches? Will she let you put hydrogen peroxide on it so it won't get infected and maybe bandaging it up will help her breath better.

My kitty's shoulder is bothering her (maybe she's been hanging around me too long). If she jumps off the bed then it collapses under her and she falls on her chin. She's learned to ease off the bed more slowly, walking her front paws halfway down instead of just jumping. I tried putting a box by the bed so she could have step and she looked at me like, "Hello, I know how to get on and off a bed." :roll: Sometimes she snaps at me when I touch that area, but when she does let me probe around I can't find anything that feels amiss. Maybe she just has arthritis. She's getting to be that age. I should get her some cat food for older cats with condroiten and glucosamine. It helped our dog when he got older and stiff.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by violin4jesus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:30 am

Just peeking in....

I'm back on the coast again, if y'all missed the news on Facebook. We moved from snowy Spokane to sunny SoCal in November. Soooooooo glad I'm no longer in the rainy PNW. I'm close to Barb and Seema and Rita and Tim, but I haven't met anybody down here yet. Karlene is coming out for the OC Christian Writers' Conference (May 18-20), and she'll be staying with me, so hopefully we'll see a few people there or that week or something.

I'm horrible about keeping up with the boards, and you guys posted so much since my last visit, that I wonder I'll ever find any replies to this post. ;) I'm alive, and working very busily, and cooking/baking a lot, and exploring the L.A./Long Beach area, and hanging with my hubby, and trying to make new friends....someday maybe I will write again.

Love to you all.

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:55 am

This has been a bit slow lately, not that I have helped eradicate that.

:roll:

I officially have become a part of the communications team at our organization. Its exciting to have some work outside the house, with actual deadlines and accountability. Hopefully this will help me to become more disciplined in writing as a whole. I'm pretty excited about it.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:22 am

violin4jesus wrote:Just peeking in....
Oh Wow.. look it's... ummm.. what was her name again? Oh wait, it's Leah. Yeah. That's it, Leah. Hi Leah. Nice to know you haven't totally forgotten us. :mrgreen:

Well.. looks like the rain is trying to make up for what we have lost so far this winter, it has been non-stop for the last week, as a matter of fact it is the same rain that melted the snow.. it hasn't stopped yet. :roll: At least it is not bad storms, though the wind did kick up the other day.

Short night for me so I am gonna watch me a video and lay down.
Sparrow wrote:My kitty's shoulder is bothering her (maybe she's been hanging around me too long).
They do say how pets and owners start to act and even look alike over time. Is her diet strange? Not sleeping enough? Are you growing pointed ears, a tail, and too much body hair?

I can see it now.. A Little-Bird with kitty paws. :heehee
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:38 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
violin4jesus wrote:Just peeking in....
Oh Wow.. look it's... ummm.. what was her name again? Oh wait, it's Leah. Yeah. That's it, Leah. Hi Leah. Nice to know you haven't totally forgotten us. :mrgreen:

Well.. looks like the rain is trying to make up for what we have lost so far this winter, it has been non-stop for the last week, as a matter of fact it is the same rain that melted the snow.. it hasn't stopped yet. :roll: At least it is not bad storms, though the wind did kick up the other day.

Short night for me so I am gonna watch me a video and lay down.
Sparrow wrote:My kitty's shoulder is bothering her (maybe she's been hanging around me too long).
They do say how pets and owners start to act and even look alike over time. Is her diet strange? Not sleeping enough? Are you growing pointed ears, a tail, and too much body hair?

I can see it now.. A Little-Bird with kitty paws. :heehee
:rolling Now THAT'S funny! What a great idea for a kids story too.

AND Ms. Leah....... :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy !!! So glad to hear your healthy, happy and enjoying your new life. It will be awesome when you are able to see everyone down there too! Just glad you took the time to drop in and fill us in. Now, I'm gonna hold you to your word about dropping in again...at some point anyway. We all understand busy.

And Amykins...ewes no need to be sowwy...:)......you are actually one of the more frequent ones around here. Anyways...cute about the box idea and your kitty's reaction. My three are 14 and still have their attitudes too!

And Karakins....glad to see you stepping out of your comfort zone and engaging yourself outside the house....if nothing else....it'll help you keep your sanity...or what's left of it anyway. :heehee

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:17 pm

I don't have a cat
nor a cute rat
I don't have a dog
or a real frog
I don't have a cow
or a silly sow
(what other animals rhymn) Could be an assignment for Amy's FW Kids!

It rains in Spokane! :shock:

Wanna see me hold a baby koala? http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:37 am

Sorry, I have been absent without leaf er I mean leave. I have been trying on some housework, its Spring ya' know. Also been entering the Challenge. Stumbled onto Seema's piece it is a charmer. It snowed this week but it is almost all gone, now. Some ice patches left.
Well must exit stage straight ahead. Got to put a shepherd's pie together.

Atta :)
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:54 am

They still cook shepherds over there KitKat... :shock:

I thought they would have made that illegal by now. :wink:

And Jay I must say you don't look nothing like a Jay-bird in that picture, though with the blue shirt I guess we could call you a Bluejay. :lol: Actually you look like you were having way too much fun.

Off to start me two days off... in the rain. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 am

jaybird wrote:I don't have a cat
nor a cute rat
I don't have a dog
or a real frog
I don't have a cow
or a silly sow
(what other animals rhymn) Could be an assignment for Amy's FW Kids!

It rains in Spokane! :shock:

Wanna see me hold a baby koala? http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Tooooooooooooooooo cute! Ya know....you are a very handsome young man...I can see why you were an adorable wee one!!! How awesome that you were the recipient of Make A Wish!! Was your wish to see Australia? AND...what all did you get to see/do?

Kitkat...no worries...but glad you checked in as I was wonderin 'bout ya. With your harsh winters...I can only imagine all the work that needs to be done come springtime. Oh...and I would love to have your Sheperds Pie recipe. Mine is pretty boring and yet tasty, but I bet you have a killer recipe.

Chow for now folks!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:26 am

Oh yeah.....had a c r a z y dream last night about you Barbarina. We were up in the hills on a river where my friends have a home and I was trying to make you a special antenna to pick up particular radio stations that were your favorites. Wild or what?

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Thanks Kate for commenting on my piece. The person who commented after you said something that hit a nerve. He said, "Enjoy your daughter".

:( Salt on my heart. I know that person had no clue the piece was fiction. It's just hard when someone makes an assumption and declares it.

Sorry for venting.

Return to “The Water Cooler”