Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by jaybird » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:30 pm

I'll pray for your SIL's kids, Becky.

"Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me."
Saint Patrick
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi Lo.. Hi Lo.. its back to work I go.... :roll:

As the bubbly Holly has not shown up to see her B-Day greetings I am taking it that she had one reeeeeeealy HAPPY Birthday. :lol:

And Shann... of course you would have giggles. Losing my phone is up there with misplacing the glasses sitting on top someones head, or the car keys one is holding in their hands while they frantically search for them. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:53 am

Happy Birthday to all that I've missed :grouphug

Just popping in to let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth :? Some of you probably knew this because I pop in to Facebook and play Words With Friends with a few 8)

I sneak in here and read many of the posts (unless there's like 10 pages to catch up with). I haven't commented lately simply because it seems like I don't have much to say except stupid little gripes. Even when something good or exciting happens it is followed by 1 or 2 bad or stressful things so quickly that I don't even have time to enjoy it :(

On the devious / humorous side of things, some of you might remember that I had a visit with my optometrist a little over a year ago and he said he could not prescribe glasses because it didn't improve my visual acuity enough to justify it. Well I just went back to the same doctor ... When he gave me the "uncorrected" test I intentionally missed a few letters to make my sight seem worse. Now he can justify a prescription, so I might finally see things more clearly 8) :lol:

And in case you're interested, I'm listening to Johnny Cash singing Ring of Fire right now 8)

Maybe, if I have a couple hours to waste I'll catch you all up on the few good things and the most irksome bad things that have been going on lately.

Overall mood right now is kind of down :( I'mm feeling more and more like a couple years ago.

Hansen - This Time Around ...

I'll try to jump in to say hi more often.

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:20 am

Thanks all for the insight. Its all really helpful.

I completely forgot about St. Patricks day, we even went to a high school play and they said happy saint paticks day right in the middle it, but it completely went over my head...of course it clicked like 3 hours later....
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:24 am

Hi guys. Sorry I missed HOlly's birthday. Happy birthday!

Sorry to hear that Seema and Shann and Becky are having a hard time with loss. Kara, good question. I've had grandparents and cousins die. I don't mind the "at least they aren't suffering anymore" one. Shann, do you mind sharing why that one bothers you?

Did I tell you all about the physical therapist I found? I've been in level 9 pain so much of the time that I decided I had to try PT even if I can't really afford it. Can't afford not to, physically. A bunch of friends recommended people to me and I called around. I found one couple who are Christians, used to go to my church, and specialize in fibromyalgia. They have a ton of experience and go around teaching workshops and such. They seemed like a perfect fit and are really close to my house. And get this... they were the cheapest ones!

It was really a God thing. I had my appointment on Friday and turns out they are really more myofacial release therapists rather than traditional PTs. I've had a lot of success with myofacial release before when I did that study but once the free sessions were over I couldn't afford to go. This couple live upstairs and have the clinic downstairs so they are able to keep costs down that way. It was only $40 for the treatment.

I'm still in quite a bit of pain but it's definitely less. I go again on Tuesday. I won't be able to afford to go long term right now, so will stop once the shoulder is better. But once I'm on disability I'd like to start going more regularly and see if they can help fix a lot more of my muscle problems.

Myofacial release is something sort of like massage but slower and deeper and some things a little like traditional physical therapy. Basically they work with the muscles to relieve tension and to try to get the muscles behaving like they should. She would have times like when she stretched my neck or arm as far as it would go and then have me push against her hand for three seconds and then relax. Then I'd be able to stretch a little farther and we'd do it again.

I'm back to interpreting at church tomorrow so I better go to bed. Would love prayer that I can get through it without too much pain. Signing doesn't hurt that much more, but being upright for long starts causing more pain since laying flat is really the main thing that helps. But today I've been able to stay up for longer.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:46 am

I would definitely be a blessing when the Disability goes through. The therapy sounds like it could do a world of good for you, if it allows you to push yourself a little farther.

Wait a second.. what am I saying, you push yourself hard enough as it is.. but if it helps... :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:35 am

well i dont think i mentioned to you guys that mom and i left the church we were going to. we havent attended there since before poppop died.

but we have been going to a new church with my grandparents and my dad has been going!

so today we are going to church and then grocery shopping and when we get home mom and i are going to start sewing a quilt for my bed :)
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:36 am

Is the one you left the same that you had a problem with a while back..? If so it is good that you have found a new one, and I pray it works out for you.

Oh and Tim..
BusBoss wrote:Happy Birthday to all that I've missed
We both know you didn't miss me one bit :wink: , so it is ok if you didnt wish me a Happy Birthday. Then too, I never said when it was. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 am

Hey Guys...........Imagefor all of the wonderful Birthday wishes! Y'all made me feel sooooo s p e c i a l , and Barbarina.....your's took an awful lot of time and gave me extra warm fuzzies.....waaaaaaaaaaay down deep. :)

Amykins....so very encouraged by you connecting with the Christian therapists who specialize in fibro! Amen and thank you Lord!! I know He will work out the details for you to afford to keep going.

As for the sadden hearts of missing loved ones....from my heart to your hearts, I feel your pain and carry a burden of sadness for you and with you and just can't wait until we reach heaven where there will be no more tears. If my condolences aren't politically correct....they ARE "my" genuine feelings of heartache for those I care about, so pa - leeeeease don't anyone take my inadequate words for what I feel for you as anything other than me reaching out with akward condolences.

Over and out from Bubbles

Oh...and yes I had a pretty good Birthday but have been busy with my two clients who had their surgeries on Thursday and Friday. In fact...gotta go do an ice water change for my roommate who had the shoulder surgery. The best part was my daughter taking me out for brunch yesterday and giving me a handmade card (cuz' I hate spending so much money on greeting cards)....she said I mean the world to her and that meant the world to me. It didn't hurt any, either, that she bought me a new crockpot and a Starbucks cold drink cup for the hot months ahead.

It's really true...................................

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:56 am

JesusPuppy wrote: Oh and Tim..
BusBoss wrote:Happy Birthday to all that I've missed
We both know you didn't miss me one bit :wink:
Pup ... you're worth at least 2 bits. And I do miss you. I miss everyone here ... Sounds like a good situation to talk to a psychologist about ;-) :roll:

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:37 am

Well, I am officially tired of bad news.

:x :cry: :( :orangeyes :cry2
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:58 am

I was that way YEEEEARS ago, and I still keep hearing bad news. :roll:

I think that was one of the things that started me making jokes about things, in hopes of getting people to laugh, or just to get me to laugh, I am not quite sure. I think it was my ShoutLife page that had the comment.. "I make light of things to keep me from crying.." or something like that.

With all the pains in life, a smile can be such a blessing.

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:31 am

and on top of everything else, one of our cats (he's MY cat and he has most definitely laid claim to me as "his" human) went missing last week and then he reappeared last thursday or Friday. We could tell something was wrong, he seemed sick-ish. Almost like a cat cold or something.

Well, yesterday I noticed his throat was wet and had a brown tinge in areas. When my parents got home dad looked at his throat and noticed a small hole. (he can't meow but he can purr)
and today I looked and it looks more like a slit and you can see its open.

On the good side he is eating though. He just has a very hard time breathing and coughs a lot.

I want my kitty to be better.

:cry:
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 am

JesusPuppy wrote:I was that way YEEEEARS ago, and I still keep hearing bad news. :roll:

I think that was one of the things that started me making jokes about things, in hopes of getting people to laugh, or just to get me to laugh, I am not quite sure. I think it was my ShoutLife page that had the comment.. "I make light of things to keep me from crying.." or something like that.

With all the pains in life, a smile can be such a blessing.

OR

OR

:mrgreen:

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:41 am

Rebecky wrote:and on top of everything else, one of our cats (he's MY cat and he has most definitely laid claim to me as "his" human) went missing last week and then he reappeared last thursday or Friday. We could tell something was wrong, he seemed sick-ish. Almost like a cat cold or something.

Well, yesterday I noticed his throat was wet and had a brown tinge in areas. When my parents got home dad looked at his throat and noticed a small hole. (he can't meow but he can purr)
and today I looked and it looks more like a slit and you can see its open.

On the good side he is eating though. He just has a very hard time breathing and coughs a lot.

I want my kitty to be better.

:cry:

Oh.....poor kitty.....I'm glad that he came home tho, and has y'all to take care of him and give him lots-a-love while he hopefully heals up to a full recovery. :(
btw Beakers....didn't you mention something about carpal tunnel a few posts back? I hope you don't have it....it really is miserable and eventually the pain can even travel all the way up your arm. HOWEVER...the trick is to not use it and immoblize your wrist with a wrist wrap or wrist guard...like the ones sold in pharmacies.
:hugs2

Gotta get outta here and go to work....See everyone later. Luv, Hugs & Prayers as always and forever and ever and ever. :)

Return to “The Water Cooler”