Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:20 pm

BusBoss wrote:It just occurred to me ... It's way past midnight and nobody's awake to tell me to go to bed :-)

Maybe I could get away with jumping on the couch, too :wink: :lol:
:fingerwag :fingerwag :fingerwag :sleep
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Ahh, Seema I'm sorry and am praying for him.

Is it bad that it is only 6:30 and I want to go to bed?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

BusBoss
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by BusBoss » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:36 am

srashmi wrote:Please pray for my pastor. :cry:
Praying

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:36 am

Shann wrote:
BusBoss wrote:It just occurred to me ... It's way past midnight and nobody's awake to tell me to go to bed :-)

Maybe I could get away with jumping on the couch, too :wink: :lol:
:fingerwag :fingerwag :fingerwag :sleep
:?

I didn't really bounce on the couch :wink: :roll:

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:07 am

That's so sad, Seema. Praying here, too. Shann, with the time change, I'm ready for sleep at 5:30 because it's so dark. Hate it!
Barb Culler

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Wheeeeew!....Just caught up on 4 pages and ewes's all made me feel so at home with all the highs-lows, smiles & heartache and downright goofiness.

I've been outta commission due to up and down computer and emotions, not to mention exhaustion. Seriously...haven't felt well since like two weeks ago. One minute I'm asking meself if I've got a bug...then naw...just tired...then a wee bit of queeziness...then have a ravenous appetite....feel like a stuffed slug afterwards and then dive into jamoca almond ice cream with gooie fudge topping...think I'm gonna have a diabetic coma, rush off to bed to sleep it all off and wake up in 20 minutes thinking I've slept for AT LEAST 2 hours. :? Okay...mes thinks I honestly just ran meself down from spreading meself too thin and stayed home the last 3 days and worked really, really hard not to feel guilty. :roll: Anyways, I have also been on an up and down rollercoaster ride of feeling a little lonely, blue and forgotten. NOT by ewes bestest buddies...just with the family I use to have. I E V E N put up my fake....YES, I said fake Christmas tree...a week before Thanksgiving :shock: BUT, it really is pretty 'cuz it's white and I have clear icesicles on the tips with clearish-opalescent beads on it and of course oodles of multicolored lights and ornaments. Out came the Christmas music too....so you see....me's fighting those canyon deep blues and I must admit...through it all...I keep looking to Jesus to keep me wrapped in his assurance of a love so deep that I truley cannot comprehend it. AND I have to admit that my early-bird Christmas persistence helped to soften the jagged edges of the enemy trying to pull me down.

Okay...Shannikins....I loved your updated prayers for all of us and here is the gospel truth...I am just SURE that it was your prayer for me specifically that gave me the energy to mosey on back here to sup with the inspirational and real life struggles of a family I wish I saw in person EVERY DAY!

Seemakins...I have an intense knot of feeling despair or whatever it is Pastor Dave is going through, so am praying specifically that God will lift him up, out and away from the darkness that is tormenting him.

Pattykins....SO, SO, SO, SO, HAPPY to see you back here where you belong! My heart leaped and jumped with joy at the blessings you so richly deserve, right along with sharing your lonliness...however, we both need to remember that we are no more perfect than the rest of mankind...YET anyway...and allow ourselves to bask in the comfort of knowing that regardless of our mistakes, God has the power to make right what we tainted with our human nature, AND touch the hearts and minds of those we let down with forgiveness, understanding and love for us if they so choose to walk in His love rather than there own self righteousness. Me's luvs your openness and honesty right along with Shannikins'essss. You two make me feel normal! :heehee

Shelleykins...my heart goes out to you and of course your friend and her family and I pray she did receive her salvation because as you pointed out...she sure could have received Christ in her final hours or moments of life. Also, praying for her disabled husband to receive his salvation and for God to send him one of His children to help him through his disabilites while ministering to him through his loss.

To the rest of ewes...Sweet Karakins, Beakers, Timmy-Tot, Puppers, Garfield :mrgreen: ,Amykins and last but SO NOT LEAST...Stellar....I thank you for keeping the fires of this cyber-home of ours alive with caring, sharing and each of your own unique ways of ministering to all of us. And Boobelly....A heartfeld belated Birthday wish that you had a warm-fuzzy birthday sweetie!

BTW...the Piggie is NOT me. :tongue

Here's to hold you over until you git the real deal Miss Pattykins

And even tho it's not December yet....

Man I've missed ewe guys!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:37 pm

11 and 1/2 pages to go. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:03 pm

I have no energy or ? to write, but praise God for all of you. Can't see thru my tears.
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:26 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Me's luvs your openness and honesty right along with Shannikins'essss. You two make me feel normal! :heehee

I'm not sure but I thinkyou just called me abnormal! :tongue TAH! That's the poodle calling the Pomeranian a dog! :fingerwag :fingerwag :shocked :fingerwag

Patty glad to see you come back. Even though we've had snow several times, this weekend was in the high 60's. Weird weather but I'mnot complaining too much.

In 11 months Emily will see on the first day of her honeymoon! And in one month Lyd will be en route to Nicaragua! On Friday she had to have 4 vaccinations and on Saturday she needs to go to the city to get more!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:00 pm

I am done! :orangeyes
Dum Spiro Spero

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Rebecky wrote:I am done! :orangeyes
As in done, you're finished baking in the oven...or?
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:38 am

I caught up to NaNo!!! :superhappy I'm at 46,669 words now. Now I just have to figure out what to write the next two days and then I can start putting everything back together and hopefully as I fill in the gaps, it'll add the other 20,000 words I need to be in the target for the size of novel the publishers will want.

Seema, saying a prayer for your pastor.

Becky, did you see my answer to your question about Leonie? And what's wrong?

Blessings to all of you! Great to see Holly and Patty back! Now we just need Leonie and Kate and a few others and we'll have everyone again.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:51 am

Rebecky wrote:I am done! :orangeyes
And I am sick.. no really I am sick. And before you ask, NO it is not all in my head. My whole body is killing me, but God dont want me yet, so I am stuck down here speading my germs. Better spray your computers with Lysol.

Good for you Bird. Getting caught up.... it didnt wear you out did it?
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:48 am

Sparrow wrote:I caught up to NaNo!!! :superhappy I'm at 46,669 words now. Now I just have to figure out what to write the next two days and then I can start putting everything back together and hopefully as I fill in the gaps, it'll add the other 20,000 words I need to be in the target for the size of novel the publishers will want.

Seema, saying a prayer for your pastor.

Becky, did you see my answer to your question about Leonie? And what's wrong?

Blessings to all of you! Great to see Holly and Patty back! Now we just need Leonie and Kate and a few others and we'll have everyone again.
Woo hoo Amykins...I admire you're determination with all that's been going on with moving and not feeling well. You're a true little trooper which is SO encouraging for me with just choosing not to write for the last year...just 'cuz I'm not in the mood. :oops:

AND

Puppers...bummer on being sick with the real deal.....flu? And I know you'll just keep on working anyway which will probably prolong the little germ from dying...but then again, on the bright side...the little germ just might be a good temporary buddy to keep you company at work. :heehee

Okay...seriously....praying for you buddy. It is miserable to be sick. :(

AND Beakers....just what in the heck are you done with? You know it's rude to ignore us...the family who has been with you through thick and thin and luvs ewes very much! I'm guessing...it's the getting your license thingy? If you didn't pass....then like you said...just not God's timing right now. Let us know ya little stinka 'cuz I'm gonna be waiting anxiously to hear from ya.

By for now....until later.....

Oh, and Shannikins....it's a given...we're ALL ABNORMAL...ewe's just maybe a wee bit more than others! :lol:

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:45 pm

Pup, I pray you feel better soon.
Beakers, maybe after you take a huge break from 'the test' and then try 'er again in the spring.
Sparrow, that's awesome you just about finished your NaNo project - I look forward reading it some day.
My Christmas Traditions Meme: http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShar ... tions.html
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Return to “The Water Cooler”