Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Sparrow

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Sparrow » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:08 am

Hi guys, sorry I've been MIA. I've been struggling with energy... not really keeping up on work, finishing the old house, and NaNo. I'm behind on my word count and struggling to have enough energy to be creative. What I do have is kinda in shambles so I hope it's worth the effort, cuz it'll be a lot of work to put together....

PATTY, I've been worried about you. So glad to hear the good news of how God is taking care of things. :)

Holly, good to see you popping in, too.

And of course, lovely to see all of you. :)
Shann wrote:Must be after meeting Pup, Amy, and Ivy in person she re thought the whole idea. SomeONE must have scared her off :tongue
I wondered that, too. :shock: She's been on FaceBook but not here. Maybe it was me pulling out into the middle of an intersection during a red light because I was watching for a break and not for the light (it was this weird like six-way intersection). We didn't even come close to being hit, though. Everyone saw there was a dork in the middle of the road before they started driving, so they stopped to let me get out of the way. :heehee
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:14 am

Oh, and update on the country kitty moving to the city. We brought her to the new house last week and at first she freaked a little but now she's happy and spoiled rotten. I'm letting her come hang out in my bedroom a lot of the time so now she thinks she's an inside cat. She's not even that excited about being outside. I bought a harness for her so I've taken her out on leash a few times. She seems like she knows where the door is, so I don't think she'll spook and just run off, so I might let her out without the leash soon.

I love getting more cuddles from her but hate having everything (me included) covered in cat hair. Ick. She's kneading her claws all the time now, too. She didn't used to do that before.... don't know if it's a security/comfort thing or what, but she's ruining my legs, pants, and the bedspread, lol. I finally switched to an old bedspread, so that'll be a little better.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:26 am

OOOo look People. :mrgreen:

Bird... energy is more important than writing, and as you know, with out it we tend to just write the silliest stuff that later gets erased anyway. When you have those moments, rest. It does the body good. :wink:

Glad to hear the kitty is taking to the move ok, and yes, those kneading claws can be suuuuuch fun. :roll:
Sparrow wrote:Maybe it was me pulling out into the middle of an intersection during a red light because I was watching for a break and not for the light (it was this weird like six-way intersection). We didn't even come close to being hit, though. Everyone saw there was a dork in the middle of the road before they started driving, so they stopped to let me get out of the way. :heehee
With the way some of them drive over there, are you kidding, she probably felt at home. :roll:

Kara.. insanity is a fact of life. You are still young and just haven't figured that out yet. :rolling
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:16 pm

We're glad to see Amy our Sparrow flutter in - I pray she gains more energy.

Happy Thanksgiving To You & All Your Love Ones!
I'm thankful for my mom, sister, and my future bro-in-law, Josh and all my family and friends and to my dedicated caregivers. I'm especially thankful to God, Jehovah-Jireh (The Lord our provider) Who has blessed me this past year. We saw Jehovah-Ropheka (The Lord our healer) perform a miracle in Aunt Jenny - thank You Lord! Enjoy your eats and a good time!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Whew!

Are ya holding on down there in Bandon, Pup? You haven't got blown away, have you?

I mentioned earlier on FB, on a post of Amy's (where she talked about bad driving conditions going to work) that it seemed like the storm that started last night was stalled. It went on (noisily) all last night and most of today with lots of rain and wind gusts of 50-60.

It finally "stopped"--for maybe half an hour. :roll:

Now, for tonight we're supposed to get even heavier rain and gusts up to 90.

Time to batten down the hatches and get the flashlights ready!

(As long as everyone stays safe I LOVE a good coastal storm!) :coolsign

Shelley

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 am

Literally moments after I passed the 50k mark on NaNo and posted about that, I checked my email to find that a friend of mine passed away last night.

Another friend had called to tell me, but didn't want to leave it as a message on the answering machine (which I'm glad about) so sent the email.

Lisa was one of my "doggy" friends. She was only 57.

I know that she knew where I stand, spiritually, and knew "about" the Lord, but I don't believe she knew him. I pray that she had the chance, in her last moments, to see who He really is and make the choice to go with Him. I believe this will be the case with some. . .which He alluded to in the parable of the workers hired at the end of the day receiving the same wages as those hired at the beginning.

Please pray for her husband. He is disabled and has been very dependent on her for many years.

I don't feel like posting anything on FB yet (except I have responded to a couple of posts mutual friends have made), but did want to "tell" to my FW friends.

I'm sad, and in shock, but mostly I pray she's with the Lord.

Shelley

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:02 am

Hi :mrgreen:

Amy, I hope you get some energy so at least one of us has some. :wink:

Did I scare everybody away? Or was it Pup? Or was it the west coast rains? Aha! Could it be.....
the race to finish NaNo?

Well, I'll just carry on a conversation without you.

wonder where Shann is
I hate internet explorer
wonder where Puppy's little Terror is
and Holly?
Geier my parrot wants a peanut-he said so
How's Rebecky?
Pup working?
Thanksgiving will be lonely
I still hate IE
Yes, Lord, Thank You for being here
Just a minute, Geier, I heard you the first time
It's sooo nice to be warm
Where's the snow? I want to see a white blanket in the woods
Amy, please keep kitty inside away from danger-injuries, disease, nasty kitty haters :(
Oh, I need a cuppa coffee
SHUT UP, GEIER-I'M COMING!!

Love and blessings,
Perkins
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:22 am

Patty, for the love of all and for the sanity of yourself, uninstall IE. Get it off your computer. But before you do, download and install Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Your internet life will improve drastically :D
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:26 am

Shelley, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. :hugs2

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:03 am

tonguethaid wrote:Patty, for the love of all and for the sanity of yourself, uninstall IE. Get it off your computer. But before you do, download and install Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Your internet life will improve drastically :D
I beg to differ here... then too I love to differ... I have IE and nothing else and have never had problems with it. I have tried the Firefox thingy and didn't really like that much. Nothing grand as to why, it just wasn't the same as I was use to.

Shelley... YES. I am still on this side of the rainbow. Though me little kitty had a scare tonight which gave me a big chuckle. Winds here have already reached the 95 point, and as I was out for lunch a wind gust ripped open the door and scared her. She ran over to the gate at the edge of the street, stood there for a second... You know those cartoons where the bad guy steps through a doorway then gets hit by a train that comes from nowhere... Kitty in gate.. wind gust.. whoooosh.. no more kitty in the gateway. Poor kitty. Took the rest of lunch break to calm her down. She does not like wind.

Patty.. Yes. working.. and for the love of sanity, feed the bird already. Then to who needs sanity, it just gets us confused. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:34 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
tonguethaid wrote:Patty, for the love of all and for the sanity of yourself, uninstall IE. Get it off your computer. But before you do, download and install Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Your internet life will improve drastically :D
I beg to differ here... then too I love to differ... I have IE and nothing else and have never had problems with it. I have tried the Firefox thingy and didn't really like that much. Nothing grand as to why, it just wasn't the same as I was use to.
Once again, the Cat is wrong. :mrgreen:

I use Google Chrome and I love it. Firefox tends to freeze up on me and crash so I use Chrome. I love the add-ons on Chrome. I have a nice little Ad-Block so I have no more ads and I have the Angry Birds App so I can play Angry Birds! woo! :D
Iam4Him wrote: How's Rebecky?
I'm Okay. I'm kind of excited for the next few days. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I get to see my family! On Sunday my Friend and her boyfriend and I are going to go to the movies and Christmas shop. The following weekend my friend is taking me to the MVA for my Driving Test. This will be the third time I take it and hopefully third time will be the charm. I really want to pass it and I think I can if I put my mind to it.

We'll see though. Maybe it's not in God's plan for me to have it yet.
Dum Spiro Spero

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:41 pm

I have no problems with IE or Firefox. Maybe uninstall IE and re-install it could fix it.
Shelley, how do like SmashWords so far?
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:14 pm

PATTY!!! So happy to see you! HAPPY DANCE!

Jay, I did get to read a few pages of your story and have some thoughts--just no energy. That reminds me that I never read Pup's story he sent me this summer :sorry I'll hopefully get to them both soon.

Shelley, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you a big hug((()))

I'm glad to see that Kara is still around.

Becky, have my toes crossed for your driver's test.

Seema you have been in my thoughts a lot. I suggested our church make prayer quilts for some of our members. It's going to be the same idea as yours where when someone ties a knot they will say a prayer but I'm going to use fleece throws and cut fringes in them and put two together then tie the knots. I'm excited about it.

I've been struggling with pain, anxiety, and energy. I'm so scared that things are going back to the way they were. I'm anxious about leaving the house again but am trying to push through it and not give up.

Love yas alls and hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Shelley, so sorry about your friend.

Becky, praying the third time is indeed the charm!

I'm sick. :redface2 We'd already decided to postpone our family Thanksgiving gathering because my grandparents are sick, too, and now my niece and I are as well. I was hoping to rest and get caught up on writing over the next few days but we'll see how that goes with all the sniffling and achy-ness.

Shann, remember that all of us with chronic illnesses have good times and bad times. The bad times don't mean we are regressing--just that we are having a flare. Give yourself some grace, okay? :)
Amy Michelle Wiley

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:13 am

Once more I have to take time to make a grand thinking moment. My comp has been running fine but it is getting old and in need of up-grades. Me deep thought for the month... should I get a new comp, or go to Europe this summer. It probably cost about the same. :roll:

I was also thinking... I know, not good... Spunky little Terror was talking about moving for school, but I can't remember if there was a date for such running away. So... SPUNKY!!!! if you are out there, whats up?

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”