Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Shann wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:Bubbles... I must confess, I was having bad ,sneaky, mean thoughts a moment ago, when I read...
this is where my mind is spending the rest of the day.
... and then saw all that blank space. :rolling
I thought her mind was on the moon in that eerie pic! But the blank space makes more sense.

I'M CONFUSED.....

NO WAIT......

MAYBE I'M NOT

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:36 pm

What color was your hair again? :roll:

....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:03 am

JesusPuppy wrote:What color was your hair again? :roll:

Actually, I am snow-white silver and it is my crown of wisdom. Image

Okay, Okay...Kimi would kill me for telling this jokes but since you brought the topic up...here goes.

How can you tell that a blonde has been using a computer?

There's white-out all over the screen. :heehee

K...one more.

How do you drown a blonde?

You put a scratch and sniff sticker at the bottom of the pool.

Now don't anybody go and get all offended......ok?..............pretty please.............just thought these were actually quite funny. And if you do get offended....remember....how much you really do love me.....ok?

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 am

I used to be a blonde as a child--white-blonde. And I tell dumb blonde jokes, too. ;)

Today after work I met a lady who is also doing Script Frenzy, has fibro, and goes to the college I work at. Was fun to meet her. One other Script Frenzy person came, too. I was in a lot of pain by the end but got five pages written, so that's good!

Kara, I think you're right about the story working better if told from the foster mom's perspective. I sent you a PM on FaceBook about everything.

Shann, my sisters went to college in South Carolina--about as far from WA as you can get and still be in the U.S. It was hard but it worked.

Prayer request... I see the cardiologist tomorrow. Please pray that he has wisdom about whether to keep fiddling with my meds or whether he needs to just send me to the electrophysiologist. I also see a new primary care doctor. I would like someone to take my sleep problems seriously, and I'd really like a spine and brain MRI to rule out MS and spine issues... Might have to get a referal to a neurologist for that. Thanks!
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:18 am

Good ones, Holly!

Okay... Here's a blonde joke my uncle sent a while back (he's 90, btw... hasn't joined FB--yet--but uses email all the time! 8) )
A blonde hurried into the emergency room late one night with the tip of her index finger shot off.

How did this happen?' the emergency room doctor asked her.

'Well, I was trying to commit suicide,' the blonde replied.

'What?' sputtered the doctor. 'You tried to commit suicide by shooting off your finger?'

'No, Silly' the blonde said. 'First I put the gun to my chest, & then I thought, 'I just paid $6,000.00 for these implants... I'm not shooting myself in the chest.'

'So then?' asked the doctor.

'Then I put the gun in my mouth, & I thought, 'I just paid $3,000.00 to get my teeth straightened I'm not shooting myself in the mouth.'

'So then?'

'Then I put the gun to my ear and I thought: 'This is going to make a loud noise. So I put my finger in my other ear before I pulled the trigger.'
Shelley

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:34 am

I said it before and I will say it again... When Amy finally gets healed, it will cut my prayer time in half. And I have a lot of people I pray for.... JK. :mrgreen:

Adding the doctor appointment to me list, Little Bird. Oh and how is Mom doing today, her headache any better?

The B joke...

A blonde decides to dye her hair, and after doing so feels 100% smarter. Feeling well pleased with herself, she jumps in her car and goes for a drive in the country, where she comes across a large flock of sheep. Seeing the shepherd, she stops to chat. Feeling so smart now, she makes him a bet.

"I bet I can tell how many sheep you have out there with one look," she says with a big grin.

"How much will you bet?" The shepherd asks.

"I will bet my car against one of your sheep." The shepherd agrees, just knowing she wont get it right. She looks out across the field and say, "137"

"Wow, " the man says, shocked that she got it right on the first guess. "Well go ahead and pick out your sheep."

After carefully searching the whole flock the woman finds one she like and leads it back towards her car. The shepherd watches her with great interest and puzzlement, then walks up to her and says, "I bet you dyed your hair didn't you."

"Why yes I did," she answers with a smile. "Do you like it?"

"Yes, it looks good. But, if I can tell you what color it use to be, can I have my sheepdog back?"
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:48 am

Praying for your appointments, Amy!

Thought you guys might like to see pix of the grandbabies! :D

Baby "B"
209173_1342923309512_1724106409_630598_8083046_o.jpg
209173_1342923309512_1724106409_630598_8083046_o.jpg (160.91 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
Baby "A" ("waving"! 8) )
209425_1342923709522_1724106409_630599_7293015_o.jpg
209425_1342923709522_1724106409_630599_7293015_o.jpg (153.58 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
Baby A (mostly) with Baby B's head to the left
210813_1342923909527_1724106409_630600_6533112_o.jpg
210813_1342923909527_1724106409_630600_6533112_o.jpg (188.32 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
Shelley

ElizabethMThompson
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by ElizabethMThompson » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:02 am

Hello AnneRene`

I just read your post looking for writers in the Sacramento area. You are in luck! There are at least seventy Christian writers in the Inspire Christian Writers group. (http://www.inspirewriters.com) You are welcome to come check out our local critique groups, workshops, training classes and monthly prayer meetings. I hope to meet you! Call if you have any questions: 916-607-7796 Elizabeth M Thompson
Gratefully,

Elizabeth M Thompson
Inspire Christian Writers
www.Inspirewriters.com
Equipping Writers to Inspire the World

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:06 am

I'm cobbling a bunch of words together in the hopes it will somewhat resemble a challenge piece. It's been 10 months since I entered the challenge. Feeling rusty in the writing department. Weird idea. Can't silence the internal editor. Have no clue where to find an ending. :? :!:

So, why am I doing all this :?: Rhetorical question. No answer needed. :roll:

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:15 am

Awes Twins! I have always wanted twin boys. Don't know if that will never happen though.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:54 am

HEY guess who just submitted an entry? LOL the FUNNY thing is is that my inspiration all came from Dora the Explorer. There was in episode that I watched with Jojo--the little girl I've been watching--the other day and Dora and Boots where going around the world in less then a day. they started in Mexico, then went to Paris then Mongolia, then Africa and then to China. Yeah so not realistic I HATE the show. Any way on Dora there is Swiper the Fox and so when they went to all the different countries there was a different form of Swiper the Fox. And that is all I am going to say, because if I say the name of the character or anything else like that and just how I worked it into the entry I could get in trouble. So my inspiration came from Swiper the Fox's "Friend" Lol Though it has nothing to do with Dora or swiper. lol
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:57 am

Born blonde, keeping it blonde, probably die blonde. Never offended by the jokes, jealousy is obvious. :sofa :rolling :rolling :rolling :hide
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:01 am

Seema, I know how hard it is to write when your brain is all fuzzy from fatigue and stress and eveything. Keep pushing and it'll come back. Blessings on your writing!

Hi Tiara! Glad you got a story in!

Shelley, cool pics! I can't quite make out both twins in the last pic, but it's a little hard since it won't show us the whole thing at a time on here. They are so cute and already growing so much. Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the prayers for tomorrow.

Elizabeth, nice to see you here! (I have a feeling that message was suppose to be a private message to Holly, though....)

Okay, okay, my dumb blonde jokes:
A redhead, a brunette, and a blonde walk into an antique shop. The proprietor comes over and notices them looking at a beautifully-framed mirror.

"You know, that's a magic mirror. If you look into it and say something true, then you get a wish. But if it's not true then POOF! you disappear."

Well, that excited the girls. They huddled up and tried to think what they'd say. Finally the brunette says, "I know, I've got something!"

She looks deep into the mirror and says, "I think I'm the smartest girl in the world!"

POOF!

The brunette disappears.

The redhead is only a little ruffled and steps right up for her turn. She looks into the mirror and says, "I think I'm the most beautiful girl in the world!"

POOF!

The redhead disappears.

By now the blonde is a bit nervous, but nonetheless she steps up to the mirror. But she takes her time. Finally she says slowly, "I think..."

and POOF!

The blonde disappears.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:32 am

Challenge story submitted.

Have to be at the circus in four-and-a-half hours and I've had no sleep. :shock: It's going to be a long day. Sigh.

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:32 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
tonguethaid wrote:Well the thing is, my village is actually a city of about 1.5 million people :wink: I mean we have 6 Starbucks, 5 McDonalds, who knows how many Pizza Huts, 2 Subways, a Burger King and probably a thousand KFC's and Swensen's. Not to mention the million 7/11's and the other thousand mom and pop foreign restaurants. There are, I think 5 foreign-based English speaking church's, all having 200+ people. We are kind of at the hub of Missions in all of Southeast Asia.
Sorry Kara, I changed my mind. I WAS thinking of coming for a visit, but I think you little village is too big for me. I need my smaller town life. :roll:
If you come visit, I would gladly go spend some time in a village. :mrgreen:

Love the blonde jokes. They never get old!
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Return to “The Water Cooler”