Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

IvyKat
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by IvyKat » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:42 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Hi Guys...I am on 1/30...so making progress, but found this website explaining about the 12 followers who will sit on the the 12 thrones and judge the 12 tribes of Israel. Anyway...I'm adding this because I don't see how I could be the only one wondering about Judas not making it.

Anyway, bottom line....This pastor "believes" that Paul may be the one to replace Judas and it sits well in my spirit, so wanted to share it. :)

http://www.bethanybible.org/askpastor/12thrones.htm
Good article, but I disagree. If the Eleven prayed for God to show them who was the twelfth apostle, and they cast lots, and it fell to Matthias, he's the one God wanted. God used casting lots other times in the Scripture to show people His will, too. But of course we'll find out someday in heaven who it really is!
Shann wrote:count me in with the helping part, sinceQ has been away at college it's been awhile since I've smacked someone up side the head. (It's done gently and with love really, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.) :cop :zipped :shock:

BTW I love the nickname Shanna- Banana (ironically I despise bananas) but you have to include the Banana. Everyone mispronounces my name. My standing joke is I've been called every sh name in the book. Shawn and Shannon are the two that bug me the most and Sharon is my MIL's name so that can can get confusing. So make sure you add the banana besides my muscles have been cramping a lot and my potassium levels are always low, so every banana helps.

I'm not getting email notifications when someone comments on A topic after my comment. I checked my profile and it's checked yen send notifications and at the bottom of the thread it says in blue Stop Watching this Thread and I haven't clicked on that- Is there another place where I might have inadvertently stopped the notifications? I'm getting them for PMs and Comments on my stories.
Okay Shanna Banana, I guess I will then. :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I don't know about your email problems. Try hitting the "stop watching" button and then subscribing to it again.
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Yuck. I'm still getting dizzy and nauseous. :|

OK... I'm ready to talk.

Some of you may remember I was so happy and ecstatic because my best friends Sister got pregnant after being told for 6 years that she can't get pregnant. She lost the baby a week ago but didn't find out until Tuesday when she had an appointment.

I'm so sad for them and angry too because it doesn't seem right for her to get pregnant and then lose the baby! It's like giving her hope and then snatching it right away! UGH!!!!!! :( :cry:

Alright well I'm babysitting my nieces so I'm gonna go snuggle up with them and watch a movie.
Dum Spiro Spero

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Congrats to this week's challenge winners :!:

I'm feeling a little better. It's mostly a cough now. But, it's still spreading around the circus tent. Two monkies out and another went home sick before lunch. :?

Off to catch up on this week's reading.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Rebecky wrote:Yuck. I'm still getting dizzy and nauseous. :|

OK... I'm ready to talk.

Some of you may remember I was so happy and ecstatic because my best friends Sister got pregnant after being told for 6 years that she can't get pregnant. She lost the baby a week ago but didn't find out until Tuesday when she had an appointment.

I'm so sad for them and angry too because it doesn't seem right for her to get pregnant and then lose the baby! It's like giving her hope and then snatching it right away! UGH!!!!!! :( :cry:

Alright well I'm babysitting my nieces so I'm gonna go snuggle up with them and watch a movie.
So true.. It doesnt seem fair some how. That's kind of how I felt in the "Love" department, even to the point I don't even try anymore.

Will keep it prayer, both for you and for your friend.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Shann wrote:
IvyKat wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote: Well I don't know... it sounded ok to me. I would glad to help. :lol:
I see how it is. Thanks a bunch. Appreciate the help, you guys. :lol:
count me in with the helping part, sinceQ has been away at college it's been awhile since I've smacked someone up side the head.
See Fred... Isn't great to be loved so much. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi, Bobbers

Yikes! I went back a few pages-so much going on I'mjust gonna say a prayer for all the Pacifics-too cold to stay out here. I had to turn the furnace down even lower, running out of fuel set it at 45 degrees now. Can't do this another wintr.

Thank God they can't turn off the electric in the middle of winter. It's so cold, (how cold is it?) I rubbed Icy-Hot all over me just to keep warm. :mrgreen:

Congrats to all wh placed-If Iget a reeeeeely long tele. cord I could take this into the bedroom to read them unbder the electric blanket where I'm living now, lol. see you in the spring. I Love Shanna Banana nick.

Hugs and blessings,
Perk
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:37 pm

Yay, Patty is surviving the cold! Wish I could do something to help you be more warm, but glad you popped in. :)

Becky, that's sad. :( I have some friends who tried for seven years to have kids and finally gave up. Then suddenly they got pregnant and eventually had five of them. :!: Hoping your friends are able to have kids one way or another.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:28 am

You know.... if I could think up a story about an era of bordom, I would have it made, but I am soooo bored I cant think. Work is slow, life is slower. But, I got new boots, and... a new tire pump for me tricycle. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:49 am

Ugh.

It's almost 8am and have yet to go to sleep. I went to bed at 11pm or so but sleep has yet to come. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dum Spiro Spero

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:57 am

So I have a new definition for the sound of joy! Joy is to watch Owami play in her pool. We bought 1 of these plastic yellow shells some time ago and today Graham filled it with water for her. While Graham was carrying the water, little Miss decided to get into the shell so long. Of course Graham poured the water in over her head and I wish I had the video camera ready to get in the squeels (sp) and the screams of laughter.
Now that my friends is the sound of joy!
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:01 am

Patty, I'm glad you popped in. How much is wood in your area? We're getting it for $45 A face cord. I saw an and for free wood on Craig's List, you just need someone to split it and deliver. I'm not sure wherein PA it is, but I was going to mention it to my guy. Maybe if it's not far from you...
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:25 am

Iam4Him wrote:Hi, Bobbers

Yikes! I went back a few pages-so much going on I'mjust gonna say a prayer for all the Pacifics-too cold to stay out here. I had to turn the furnace down even lower, running out of fuel set it at 45 degrees now. Can't do this another wintr.

Thank God they can't turn off the electric in the middle of winter. It's so cold, (how cold is it?) I rubbed Icy-Hot all over me just to keep warm. :mrgreen:

Congrats to all wh placed-If Iget a reeeeeely long tele. cord I could take this into the bedroom to read them unbder the electric blanket where I'm living now, lol. see you in the spring. I Love Shanna Banana nick.

Hugs and blessings,
Perk
Hey Perky...SO glad to hear from you....have honestly had a heavy heart for you with the monster storm back there and your lack of heat. I was also glad to hear you say you can't go through another winter like this. I know where you're at thinking about leaving the country and moving into the city....I had to do it...but truth is, the conveniences are so worth it....like just plain warmth, not to mention getting around. Besides, and I'm sure you're a loaner like me, but truth is...it's also good to see people more often...even if it's just the regulars at the store etc....have you heard from your daughter? Keeping "her heart" in my prayers too. :) ALSO, when the weather warms up.....still looking forward to reading more of your stories.
Luv, Hugs and blessings! Think we need not add another nickname to ya....like POPSICLE! :heehee

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 am

LStanley wrote:So I have a new definition for the sound of joy! Joy is to watch Owami play in her pool. We bought 1 of these plastic yellow shells some time ago and today Graham filled it with water for her. While Graham was carrying the water, little Miss decided to get into the shell so long. Of course Graham poured the water in over her head and I wish I had the video camera ready to get in the squeels (sp) and the screams of laughter.
Now that my friends is the sound of joy!
I can see and "hear" her squeals of joy and laughter...puuuurfectly! Maybe you can do it again...WITH the cam-corder going...I would love to see that! I haven't seen an update for today....how is Kimeya?

Puppers....What a challenge to write a story about boredom without it being boring! :heehee HOWEVER, could reeeeeally be funny! With your wit...think you should go for it.

Beakers....glad you're back and talking!

SweetPea....ewe's absolutely right....we'll know about Mathias or Paul, one day, but not a big deal. They'll both have a special place, I'm sure! :)

K...gonna go git the scripture up and then read.

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:58 am

Hi Holly,

I have not heard any more news yet but the last time things were still pretty bad.
For the rest of the porch, we have a little 2 year old girl (Kimeya) who is facing some tremendous challenges in her life. She needed a kidney transplant and was on the list for too long. Her father then decided to donate his kidney and after extensive tests the green light was on.
However, the transplant was performed and after a few days her body rejected the kidney. In the same time, the dad had difficulty breathing and coping after the kidney operation. Kimeya had to undergo surgery once again to have the failed kidney removed. When the father heard that the kidney failed he suffered an anxiety attack for his daughter. The mother is not doing well because she has to stay positive and you can only imagine how difficult this can be.
Please add Kimeya and her family to your prayer lists.
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Popsicle Patty...? :roll:

Naaaa I like Perky better. :lol:
Beaker wrote:It's almost 8am and have yet to go to sleep. I went to bed at 11pm or so but sleep has yet to come. :cry:
I feel for you, I really do. Not sleeping when you are doing something is one thing, but laying in bed for hours and still not getting to sleep... my life in a nutshell. :(

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”