Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:24 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Shann wrote:Oh yeah Pup wrote a poem this week. Level3 count 4 down!It is 2 words and the second word is the time just before sunset
DO NOT READ IT... like most of my poetry it is not that good. :oops:

Still praying for you Kiddo. I know when mine was at its worst I felt lousy. First time in years I actually called in sick, normally I just keep going sick or not. :(

Bubbles.. LOVE that picture. :mrgreen:
PUP....read your entry and WOE AND WOW....hey buddy, this is superb....I will truly be AMAZED and DISHEARTENED if you don't win and EC for this.

AND....don't you be minimizing my great taste!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:26 pm

P.S. Pup....Shannikins nailed it....God must have shed a tear while reading it!

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:29 pm

BusBoss wrote:
IvyKat wrote:
BusBoss wrote:Just ran a slow 10k run 8)

OK - it was a run / walk. But still, I did it :D
Congrats Tim 8) Can we call you Timorous? :D Sorry, that just popped into my head.
When i read this I thought you said "Timosaurus" and I was thought you were implying I was old, slow and over weight :lol:

:? Ok, well I am all of those things ... and a carnivore :roll:
:heehee Hey, that's a great name! How's things, Timosaurus? Been doing well, Timosaurus?
AnneRene' wrote:And SweetPea...glad the pics revived your heavy witto heart...as for being depessed...something we can all relate to....what's making you depressed? AND you didn't answer me about school ya little STINKA....and I'm not gonna let it go. Get it? Got it? Gooooooooooooood? :hugs2
I don't know, honestly, I have these days where every emotion is ten times as intense, don't know why. And I'm so emotional to begin with. It's pretty draining. Been sleeping like crazy.

The reason I didn't answer you about school is that I still don't know.... thinking maybe finish off next year and get a job, take a year or two off, then if I still feel like it go to grad school. I'm going to the advisor tomorrow if I can drag myself out of bed to ask about the honors program. Thinking of skipping class. But I know I won't.

Anyways, thanks for caring! Image
:rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:51 pm

OKAY GUYS....SweetPea needs us to rally around her because she's emotionally inundated with a HUGE decision in her life.

On the one hand...she's come so far and being a go getter and over-achiever, wants desperately to go onto Grad school next year......

ON THE OTHER HAND.....

She feels rushed to grow up....she can do the classes (succeed) anyway, but feels overwhelmed to be in a position that her mind isn't yet ready for.....

SO....here's Mama Holly's.....advice to her.....rushing into anything is never a positive thingy.....and, she's young enough, that waiting to go onto Grad School is no biggy because she loves school, however....my 3 cents says to take a break, enjoy her youth and freedom and go for Grad school when it doesn't feel like a burden.

Now, for those who disagree, I COULD BE 1,000 PERCENT WRONG and am sure there's thingy's I'm not thinking about, but whichever and whatever you think....will help her because we all mean well and are showing our support.
Image SWEET-PEA!

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:54 pm

Becky, it's pretty normal for a person's temp to fluctuate during the day. Some illnesses even have a fever spiking at a certain time of day as one of their symptoms. Hope you can kick this thing, soon. :(
IvyKat wrote:I don't know, honestly, I have these days where every emotion is ten times as intense, don't know why. And I'm so emotional to begin with. It's pretty draining. Been sleeping like crazy.
Ivy, what all tests did they do on you when you went to the doctor. It almost sounds like your hormones or neurotransmitters might be a little out of whack. And are you taking a Vitamin D? Almost everyone is low on it and it's difficult to get too much, so it's a good idea to go ahead and take one every morning (it should give you energy--so don't take it before bed).

Will be praying for wisdom about school.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:02 pm

hi, bobbers

just popped out of hibernation to say howdeee

it's a sweltering 10 degrees outside today. not typing in caps cause i'm keeping one hand holding a blanket haha i found an electric blanket in my stuff and so i've been living in bed, at least i'm catching up with the bible readings. now if i could find a real long tele cord i could take this intothe bedroom and keep up with the forums. :mrgreen:

read above pup'spoem-poochie you deserve an ec for that one. it's boootiful fer sure. i'm totally disgusted with mine-not going to enter the challenge anymore unless i start writing ok again.

i will send more stuff to edit from my old book when it gets warm enough to sit out here. the house is 50 degrees-too cold brrrrr.

ivy, will pray for you to make the right decision.

beekers, hope your cold goesaway quik

hugs,
perky
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:09 pm

AnneRene' wrote: I'm waiting for my preperation H to dry....ON MY EYE BAGS....seriously...it works and shrinks them. :roll:

Wonder if it would work for BODY FAT??? :mrgreen:
Barb Culler

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:18 pm

BusBoss wrote:Well ... actually ...

The insurance (or somebody) messed up and we're having to make a ruckus to get the stupid thing before the authorization expires. :roll:
If you want I can mail Chris' to you. Just get anew mask, although he didn't use it enough to even get any germs on it! I'm sure he wouldn't ever know it was gone.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Shann wrote:
BusBoss wrote:Well ... actually ...

The insurance (or somebody) messed up and we're having to make a ruckus to get the stupid thing before the authorization expires. :roll:
If you want I can mail Chris' to you. Just get anew mask, although he didn't use it enough to even get any germs on it! I'm sure he wouldn't ever know it was gone.
I'm sure I'll get it, but it is frustrating to keep dealing with these "We don't have the papers" - "Oh, we sent the papers last week" delays.

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:45 pm

I hope this doesn't come across as stupid or ungrateful, but I just logged on and realized as of today, I'm no long a 500 member. It surprised me because a year ago an anonymous sweetheart sponsored me for a month of Gold membership.

Then in Feb. I was surprised once again that some sweet soul gave me a 500 membership. I will have the money to buy a gold membership, and I was fortunate enough to pay the gift forward which made me feel great inside. So why am I sad that my year of sponsorship is over?

I feel silly that I want to cry, I think it might be because I was on the boards for such a short time (2 weeks or so) before the challenge became a paid privilege. And in that short time there were at least 3 different people who thought I was special and worthy of a sponsorship.

That so blows my mind. How can a virtual stranger think I'm special and worthy? Although I have some sneaky suspicions who has sponsored me, I'm not sure, if it's any of the people I think it is, then I'm not the special one it's my sponsor who is so special and generous.

Any of you dear friends could fall into that category quite easily.You all are so caring, thoughtful, wonderful, and empathetic. I'm so blessed and forever grateful to my mysterious endower; for of not for your generosity, I WOuld have moved on and looked for another site or more likely given up on writing and most likely on myself.

So again, why am I sitting here with tears in my eyes and a lump in my stomach? Is it because I'm an ungrateful brat who longs for a pat on the head? I wonder...
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Shann wrote:I hope this doesn't come across as stupid or ungrateful, but I just logged on and realized as of today, I'm no long a 500 member. It surprised me because a year ago an anonymous sweetheart sponsored me for a month of Gold membership.

Then in Feb. I was surprised once again that some sweet soul gave me a 500 membership. I will have the money to buy a gold membership, and I was fortunate enough to pay the gift forward which made me feel great inside. So why am I sad that my year of sponsorship is over?

I feel silly that I want to cry, I think it might be because I was on the boards for such a short time (2 weeks or so) before the challenge became a paid privilege. And in that short time there were at least 3 different people who thought I was special and worthy of a sponsorship.

That so blows my mind. How can a virtual stranger think I'm special and worthy? Although I have some sneaky suspicions who has sponsored me, I'm not sure, if it's any of the people I think it is, then I'm not the special one it's my sponsor who is so special and generous.

Any of you dear friends could fall into that category quite easily.You all are so caring, thoughtful, wonderful, and empathetic. I'm so blessed and forever grateful to my mysterious endower; for of not for your generosity, I WOuld have moved on and looked for another site or more likely given up on writing and most likely on myself.

So again, why am I sitting here with tears in my eyes and a lump in my stomach? Is it because I'm an ungrateful brat who longs for a pat on the head? I wonder...
Don't even think that for a second, Shanna Banana. And stop believing you're not special!! Don't you trust our judgment?

I love you times a million :hugs2 :hugs2 :hugs2 :hugs2 :hugs2 :hugs2 :hugs2

~Regina Spektor

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Sparrow wrote:
IvyKat wrote:I don't know, honestly, I have these days where every emotion is ten times as intense, don't know why. And I'm so emotional to begin with. It's pretty draining. Been sleeping like crazy.
Ivy, what all tests did they do on you when you went to the doctor. It almost sounds like your hormones or neurotransmitters might be a little out of whack. And are you taking a Vitamin D? Almost everyone is low on it and it's difficult to get too much, so it's a good idea to go ahead and take one every morning (it should give you energy--so don't take it before bed).

Will be praying for wisdom about school.
Thanks for all the prayers, folks. No, not taking Vitamin D. I can't remember what all the tests were, but I'd love to know if it's hormones because these mood swings are killing me. :roll:

~Regina Spektor

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:58 pm

I miss you and love you guys & gals & pups!! :love2
Dum Spiro Spero

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:04 pm

That's interesting you would bring up vitamin D Amy. I was just hearing some news report about how Washington and Oregon particularly are going through a vitamin d crisis. They say everyone there should be taking supplements, because a deficiency can cause depression, chronic pain, osteoporosis, kidney failure, breast cancer, diabetes, colds and vampirism.

Ironically I have to make a conscious effort to get sun time here, although its really sunny a lot- its also ridiculously hot and during the hot season you dont exactly want to stand out in the sun to get a vitamin d boost.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:08 am

tonguethaid wrote:They say everyone there should be taking supplements, because a deficiency can cause depression, chronic pain, osteoporosis, kidney failure, breast cancer, diabetes, colds and vampirism.
:shock:

Ack! Get away from my neck, you...you vampire, you! Go take some vitamin D!

...Was this just to see if we were really reading what you wrote? :mrgreen:

Shelley

Return to “The Water Cooler”