Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:31 am

Hamlet got FIRST PLACE Guys :!:
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=38028

WAY TO GO! :music2 :party

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 am

Hollybear!! :hugs2

My thumbs up is messed up on the list :(

I haven't been reading either so maybe thats why :P

I'm having a hard time keeping up with the readings. Especially since I don't feel good and all I wanna do is lay down. (at least I don't have a fever)

I feel like its a pajama day today. :roll:
Dum Spiro Spero

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:13 pm

WOO HOO KIM!!! :D :) :clap :clap :clap :clap :superhappy :superhappy :music2 :music2 :music2 :rockon
Barb Culler

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Rebecky wrote:Hollybear!! :hugs2

My thumbs up is messed up on the list :(

I haven't been reading either so maybe thats why :P

I'm having a hard time keeping up with the readings. Especially since I don't feel good and all I wanna do is lay down. (at least I don't have a fever)

I feel like its a pajama day today. :roll:
Okay cutie...it's all better now! So, yes...GET reading! :D When you feel good that is.

And Garfield....glad to see you on here...are things settling down at work?

And Perky...you can send me anyone you want....I enjoy these adorable stories for kids. I've only done one poem for kids, but it's kinda cute. I think you'll like it.
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=113176

Okay...gotta get back to school work....ttyl.... :grouphug

Oops...I keep forgetting but where are you SEEMA....I really do miss you :(

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Thanks Hollybear! :)

I feel hot right now. I'm boiling eggs for egg salad. I'm craving it for some reason. :D

My nose hurts from all of the tissues I've used up, my throat still hurts... even my tongue hurts. :|

Chatted with my friend on the phone earlier. It was nice to chat. We were talking about stupid shows on tv and how crazy it is that they are on the air (like 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom and even Jersey shore) I told her its crazy... I bet teen girls are now gonna be like "Hey lets get pregnant and then we can be on TV and famous and make money!".

Bah. :roll:

Eggs are done, time to make lunch! :lol:
Dum Spiro Spero

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Yippee! Way to go!

I had to laugh at the other comments so put a haha on mine. :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Patty
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:14 pm

I think I actually slept some last night. Stayed in bed dozing until almost 1 PM :heehee Still feeling tired, but it should help. I just have a couple hours or work tonight, and then a few days off.
Iam4Him wrote:Amy, thanks for the edit. That dash thingy - I thought I inserted a special character one, but must have missed it.
Oh, then it probably just didn't copy right when you put it in the email. I'll bet it's still right on your document. :)
Oh, no! The temps are going down to single digits for the next few days, and I'm out of dry firewood. I'm on the last of my LiHeap allowance for propane too. I hope I don't turn into a perksicle. :shock:
Do you have candles? I've heard a candle in a room will keep it form going below freezing, anyway. :? Is there a shelter or something you can go to if it gets too cold? Even hanging out in a library during the day or a 24 hour store at night would be better than being that cold.

Becky, so sorry you're sick AGAIN. :(

Kim, reading your story now. Congrats!!

Kara, so cool you entered the challenge. Hope you get an idea for the orphan plane project, too. Anyone else gonna enter that? See info in my link below about Peculiar People.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Did you ever get so frustrated it made you cry? :cry:

I went to the challenge page and it said there were only 51 entries for this week. Then I posted that on the challenge general discussion, asking if the deadline had changed. Someone said there were over 80 last night so I went back by two different routes and mine still says 51! Then when I tried to post again, it won't let me. Now my browser says there's no such address. How come I can post here? Waaaaaa :cry: :cry: :cry:

Perkins
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks Amy. I feel worse now than I have in weeks.

I've sneezed countless times today and it just keeps coming. My eyes keep watering too and are itchy. My nose is stuffy still and runny at the same time... go figure. :P

I can't wait until after supper so I can just sit back and relax.

It's supposed to snow again. They were saying 2-4 inches but now they're saying just an inch.

Can't make up their minds! I say whatever happens, happens. :P
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Patty, The challenge rolled over today, so it's a new topic. Were you trying to submit last night for last week's topic? It might be giving you an error message because now it's a new topic? I dunno... You can contat Deb (breathfreshair) and ask if she can help. Hope you get it figured out!

Becky, hope you get some rest, soon.

I've just dawdled the whole day away playing Zuma Blitz on FaceBook. :P Guess I should take a shower and eat before going to work.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:59 pm

Sparrow wrote:
IvyKat wrote:
Sparrow wrote:Did get a nap and got to go to critique group with Randy Ingermanson tonight
I KNOW HIM! I even went to his critique group twice last year. :lol: And I see his daughter almost every day. In fact, I saw her twice today walking from class to class. :D
Don't you go to the same church as him? Didn't know his daughter was at school with you. Is that Amy? I don't know his family well.
Well, I did, until I moved to Seattle. I became good friends with his daughter Gracie who's two years older than me, then she left for UW. I followed her two years later. :lol: Creepy stalker much?
BusBoss wrote:Hi everyone

Work is officially slowing down ... at least for the rest of the week :roll:

Now I plan on keeping myself busy training 8) But I promise I'll check in at least once each month :?
:fingerwag NOT allowed.
Iam4Him wrote:So OK, who else can read one of these for me? I have 18 more written so far. Maybe we can all collaberate and I could use the pseudonym "Friend-Bobs," or "Pacific Aliens," "The Encouragers."

Love Y'all,
Perkins
Hey Perkypoo, I'd love to read one. My email address is ivystrader (at) yahoo (dot) com.
AnneRene' wrote:Hamlet got FIRST PLACE Guys :!:
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=38028

WAY TO GO! :music2 :party
HAM HAM! You rock! :nerd2 :nerd2 :nerd2
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Becky, hope you feel better.

I've been having intense social anxiety lately, not sure why. One-on-one is stressing me out and big groups are overwhelming me. I think I'm going to hide out in my hidey-hole and do homework instead of going to small group tonight.

:sofa

You guys aren't terrifying, though. :heehee :grouphug
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:35 pm

IvyKat wrote:
BusBoss wrote:Hi everyone

Work is officially slowing down ... at least for the rest of the week :roll:

Now I plan on keeping myself busy training 8) But I promise I'll check in at least once each month :?
:fingerwag NOT allowed.

I'm not allowed to train?? Or I'm not allowed to check in any more??

I'm gonna go sit in the corner and pout

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:43 pm

I've got a headache now. I'm slowly feeling worse and my temp. was 99º when I checked it last.

Ivy, I have anxiety issues too. Especially with people and groups. It depends on the group though.
Dum Spiro Spero

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Rebecky wrote:I've got a headache now. I'm slowly feeling worse and my temp. was 99º when I checked it last.

Ivy, I have anxiety issues too. Especially with people and groups. It depends on the group though.
Sorry you're not feeling well - and I really can empathize with the anxiety issue :(

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Return to “The Water Cooler”