Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Rebecky » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:20 pm

AnneRene' wrote:
Well, ya little STINKA....then what'ya call my post now? Sure, it's late and all but ya gotta remember....we's all got thingy-things :heehee ...going on like work, families, school and other thingy's, so that's something you have to bring to the attention of us absent-minded 'ole folks. :mrgreen:
no kidding. believe me I know about all of that all too well.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:05 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Shann wrote:my first thought was I don't deserve such wonderful friends in my life!
It is funny. I once thought that very same thing sort of... Mine was more like, "What did I ever do to deserve such friends."

Then I thought about how that actually sounds... :roll:

Love ya Shann. :mrgreen:
See the difference my fluffy pup is I said I don't deserve such WONDERFUL friends!! You have to clarify! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:18 pm

I'm sitting up at the desk! Since Christmas I've been using the netbook and doing most of my stuff in bed. But I wanted to write a story for the challenge so I thought it would be easier on the big computer and I did it. But now I'm tuckered.

I was hoping to have enough energy to wash the dishes ( doesn't quite seem fair that the dishes from when I was in the hospital are still in the sink) but seeing how it only bothers me and not them I guess I understand it but it still makes me grrrr I haven't even eaten since I've been home!

I was going to try to do a few minutes of the wii fit too but I can't figure out how to work the new tv. I think Chris changed the setup again. He does that a lot.

Okay I need to go rest, my muscles are still in hospital mode. Maybe putting some wood in the stove and sitting at the desk counts as exercise!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Sparrow wrote:Ivy, I don't remember you being awkward in person at all. But I know what you mean... it's easier sometimes to express things in writing, especially if you have time to go back and fix it a few times. :P
Oh good.... because I felt extremely awkward. Maybe I'm just self-absorbed. :roll:
Sparrow wrote:Boy, my day was crazy. Had to get up early for me (considering I haven't been falling asleep until 3 to 5 AM) but nothing ended up as planned. Drove around a bunch but didn't actually do much today. Did get a nap and got to go to critique group with Randy Ingermanson tonight (but didn't bring anything since I didn't know for sure if I was going).
I KNOW HIM! I even went to his critique group twice last year. :lol: And I see his daughter almost every day. In fact, I saw her twice today walking from class to class. :D
JesusPuppy wrote:If people didn't know it before, they might read this and think I am insane. :wink:
What? :shock: Why would we think that? Never! :heehee
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:55 pm

Shann wrote:I'm sitting up at the desk! Since Christmas I've been using the netbook and doing most of my stuff in bed. But I wanted to write a story for the challenge so I thought it would be easier on the big computer and I did it. But now I'm tuckered.

I was hoping to have enough energy to wash the dishes ( doesn't quite seem fair that the dishes from when I was in the hospital are still in the sink) but seeing how it only bothers me and not them I guess I understand it but it still makes me grrrr I haven't even eaten since I've been home!

I was going to try to do a few minutes of the wii fit too but I can't figure out how to work the new tv. I think Chris changed the setup again. He does that a lot.

Okay I need to go rest, my muscles are still in hospital mode. Maybe putting some wood in the stove and sitting at the desk counts as exercise!
Take care of yourself Mommy Shann. I'll never forgive you if you don't. :fingerwag

I gots to run to Good Will for some clothes now (yep, I admit it, I'm a diehard bargain shopper), and then I need to wash my dishes before an info session at 4:30, and then I'm going to dinner and small group with Cru from 5:30 to 8, and then I have an hour and a half to do all my homework for tomorrow before I collapse into bed so I can get up at 7 so I can have Bible study time before class which I get out of at 2:30 so I can do more homework gahhh! MY BRAINS ARE TURNING TO SCRAMBLED EGGS :shock:
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:26 pm

:o :cry:
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm still alive. :roll: Today wasn't even one of my longest days working, but felt like it. I went to the myofacial therapist today and he said he got my hips to release some, but my leg and hip are sure still bothering me. He said my hips are quite a bit out of aline.

Had fun with my interpreting team today, though. That helped it go a little faster.

Becky, good to see you back playing on the boards! And Pup, as always. ;) Becky, belated congrats on the posts!

(wow, took me three tries to get that last sentence to make sense and be spelled okay....I'm tired. :P)
IvyKat wrote:
Sparrow wrote:Did get a nap and got to go to critique group with Randy Ingermanson tonight
I KNOW HIM! I even went to his critique group twice last year. :lol: And I see his daughter almost every day. In fact, I saw her twice today walking from class to class. :D
Don't you go to the same church as him? Didn't know his daughter was at school with you. Is that Amy? I don't know his family well.

Holly, is your eye muscle better? Been praying for it.

Shann, I wish your family made you food and brought it to you. Would that help? Eat something for me, okay? Of course, I didn't get to eat much today, so I'm one to talk, but I try to eat good.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:52 pm

I am supposed to be getting a.....oh what did he call it...some stationary pad or something that I can plug the chord into and set the laptop on top of it so i can use it that way without have to plug it into the computer because the power jack is busted....I think maybe my dad will bring it home tonight...idk I'm going to be getting it soon from Chuck.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 pm

WELCOME BACK SHANN!!!!!!!!!!!! idk if i said that earlier so I am say it now.

And I'm babysitting this week....7 am to 6 or 7 pm...and I am soooooo tired.

I totally don't want to read over the entry i have a million times before submitting it. however I don't want to submit it without reading it over....oh it is a lose lose situation.....
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:22 am

Hi everyone

Work is officially slowing down ... at least for the rest of the week :roll:

Now I plan on keeping myself busy training 8) But I promise I'll check in at least once each month :?

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:51 am

Hello all

I'm really hoping you were joking about only checking in once a month Mr. Buttbott!!

Today we got all our visa's worked out- only had to wait 2 hours! - which may seem sarcastic, but 2 hours is actually a good day for immigration. Though is it sad that the Officer we had remembers me from like 9 years ago? Though I think she has done our paper work for at least the last 5 years- but still they see like hundreds of people.

Anyhow I am finally back at my house- first time sleeping in my own bed for 4 months! Its nice being home, but its a bit of a disaster and will take some work.

Hope your hip feels better soon Amy. When I was pregnant I had all sorts of hip pain as well as the nerve - cant remember what its called- so, at the very least, I know how uncomfortable that can be!

and uh...yeah...
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:29 am

Hi, bobbers

Kara, the only visa I ever got was the one made of plastic and that got took away. :?

Shann, nice to see you up and about. I know where the dirty dishes came from. It's the aliens Pup was talking about with Og. I have the same prob here. Those devils throw dust on all the furniture too and put cobwebs in the corners. :x

Amy thanks for the edit. That dash thingy - I thought I inserted a special character one, but must have missed it. I'm gonna work on the flow too.

Holly, big thanks to you-I really like the way you re-wrote the one stanza. I had a lot of trouble with that one. I'll send another one when I can get it warm enough in here to type a long time, lol.

Oh, no! The temps are going down to single digits for the next few days, and I'm out of dry firewood. I'm on the last of my LiHeap allowance for propane too. I hope I don't turn into a perksicle. :shock:

So OK, who else can read one of these for me? I have 18 more written so far. Maybe we can all collaberate and I could use the pseudonym "Friend-Bobs," or "Pacific Aliens," "The Encouragers."

Love Y'all,
Perkins
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 am

I am officially sick. :(

My throat is absolutely KILLING me... my nose is runny and stuffy at the same time- go figure.

At least I don't have a headache :)

Although my ears hurt.
Dum Spiro Spero

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:08 am

So I officially submitted a challenge piece for the first time in months!! I could tell I was rusty- and with my procrastination, almost didn't make it in time. But I did, and hopefully it doesn't seem to rushed.

Sorry to hear you have succumbed to the sickness Becky. Hope it doesn't linger too long.

Ms. Perky- if you live up to your name and think happy thoughts- shouldn't that be warmth enough? hehe ...I know I'm sorry, its terrible to make jokes at your situation. I really wish I could send you some of the heat from here, we definitely have too much of it. Praying God blesses you with some firewood this week!

Hope the little kiddos don't harass you too much Tiara. I honestly don't know how you can do that- but good on ya.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:18 am

Thursday, January 20

VERSE OF THE DAY
You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. – Genesis 50:20

Read Today's Bible Passages
New Testament: Matthew 13:31-58
Old Testament: Genesis 49-50

http://bible.cbn.com/bibleinayear.aspx?day=14&plan=1

1. SHELLYKINS :thumbs
2. BUTTONS :thumbs
3. AMY :thumbs
4. SHANNIKINS :thumbs
5. KARA :thumbs
6. BEAKERS :thumbs
7. TIARA :thumbs
8. SEEMA :thumbs
9. PATTY :thumbs
10. BOO :thumbs
11. ME :thumbs

Almost THREE weeks under our belts guys....come on...you can do it - you can - you can
:heehee
Last edited by AnneRene' on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Water Cooler”