Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:16 am

tonguethaid wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:
Rebecky wrote:I never could get into Harry Potter... :roll:
Ya I know what you mean. The movies were so so, even with the graphics. But at least in the last one he is suppose to die. should be good. :roll:
WHAT?!??!? He dies?!?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Hahahaha!! Kara, you're funny.

Amy, if you really want to know how they end, I can tell you, but not on here. I don't want to put out any spoilers.....

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Rebecky » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:11 am

I just woke up... yay coffee lol

My throat feels like it's on fire. :( :(

I think I'm getting sick, if not anything else it could be a sinus infection coming on. Blech! :oops: :(
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Last edited by JesusPuppy on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:47 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Image
:redface2 :fingerwag
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Sparrow wrote:Yup, I do it just to torture you. :razzberry
I knew it I knew it... silly Bird.Image

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:33 pm

JoyAnn wrote:He doesn't die in the last book, so why would he die in the movie?
It Hollyweird, why do they do anything.. dramatics. They will bring him back in show 8 as a ghost haunting the burned out remains of the school. :mrgreen:

You should know better than to listen to me on movies. I never watch them. :P

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:12 pm

My laptop is confusing me... I decided to plug it in and turn it on and it stayed on long enough to do a virus scan and to do a system restore. So far it hasn't messed up on me or shut off.

I'm majorly confused! :shock:
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

I am thinking a new power unit and battery are what that thing may need. Your existing power unit is causing it to over heat, which inturn causes it to shut off.

It could be a bug, but chances are slim.

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:30 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:I am thinking a new power unit and battery are what that thing may need. Your existing power unit is causing it to over heat, which inturn causes it to shut off.

It could be a bug, but chances are slim.
Well it is virus clean, my virus scanner didn't catch anything.

I think it does need a new power cord (i found one on amazon for $20) and battery.
Dum Spiro Spero

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi all!

Becky I agree with Pup - new battery pack required. I have a small TV screen which runs on a battery pack similar to a laptop. A few months ago the TV started switching off and after a few minutes it would automatically flash back on again. We replaced the battery pack and VOILA! it is working again.

Amy, yes Owami is over her fear for men. We prayed for her on Sunday and on Monday afternoon she was sitting with Graham on the coach and looking all depressed. Graham just touched her on the arm and started praying for her again. Minutes later she just miraculously snapped out of IT. GOD IS GOOD! She is now a bundle of joy laughing over everything. Her first full (almost full) sentence was tonight...Yay!! Friends of ours brought her a new doll and the doll is wearing the highest pair of pink sandals I have seen in my life. Owami and I were playing a game where I pretend to throw the shoes FAR away and then she has to go find them. But of course the shoes are still in my hand and I will then hide them for her to find. So while she pretends to be looking for the shoes I will say 'Where are the shoes?' and she will make a gesture with her little hands saying that she does not know. We were playing this game for about 20 minutes and the next thing Owami said 'Where the shoes?'
Well I was excited!!!! Progress - veryyyyyyyyyyy slow. :P :P
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:14 pm

You are getting there Boo, keep at it.

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:27 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Sparrow wrote:I got all my pages and pages of symptom discriptions and everything all finished and sent off to SSI today before I left for school, with my support letters from family and my mentor. Got through math class but not doing so well now. Guess I need to drag myself up and find some food. I didn't really eat much today, so I'm sure that doesn't help. Don't think I'll be getting even the 800 more words I need to meet today's NaNo goal, but should be able to catch up at some point.
That's it I am through. No longer am I going to tell you to be careful or take care of yourself, like eating regular meals. I give up, it does me no good, you don't listen. :?

I will just keep my mouth shut, and worry myself to death over it. It is simpler that way. :cry:
She will probably force herself to stay up and not only type out the 800 words she needs but another 1000 just to make me worry more. I am starting to think she does it on purpose.... :roll:
Don't you know Pup that we get a lot of fun out of making you worry. I don't know about Amy but gee if we are saddled with this horrible earth shattering pain the least we can get out of it is to have fun torturing you

:mrgreen:

Amy now that Pup is gone , you need to take care of yourself!!!! Around 3ish your time I was drawn deeply to pray for you which I did but you are overdoing and putting unnecessary stress on yourself! You need to take it easy and take care of yourself says the person who hasn't eaten a thing all day so I know firsthand how not taking care of yourself can make your illness flare up! Okay I'm done with that lecture.

Lauren I'm so glad to see you back on the board!! I've been thinking about you a lot as Q is also going through the end of the semester stress so I've been wondering how you're doing. I didn't think I saw a challenge piece from you last week either and I know you said you were going to try to enter. Like I told Amy take it one day at a time. Hugs to both of you.

Now I have to go catch up on the rest of the posts I may be back!!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Becky my son's computer was having problems and it needed a power cord. Chris was thinking about running to Best Buy so he would have his computer but it was over $80 so he told Q to wait and when he got home he found a cord for under $10 including shipping and everything is working fine now. Remembr too that Black Friday sales are coming out. wal Mart has a netbook under $200 It's a slightly older one but they do have some good sales coming up. Maybe Santa will want to get you something.

Leonie it sounds like things are going good. Have you thought about keeping a daily journal for her? I've done that for all of my kids. At first I wrote it in the first person like they were telling me the story then when they got older I switched to third. But I would write a few minutes everyday just little things like we walked to Grandmas today. It'll be a great gift for her when she's older.

Hey Pup how's the phone story coming? I've been thinking about it and can't wait to see what happens next.

Amy care to hint what story is yours? I've only read like 10 this week. My chest is still hurting and it's hard to breath still which makes me think I've probably got a nice virus. Plus the insurance fight isn't looking good. It looks like I'm going to be responsible for all the bills plus have to buy Medicare Part B which is another120 each month plus a penalty cuz I didn't apply fir it earlier plus we are already paying $1500 a month for Blue Cross AUGH!!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Shann, I'm so sorry. I'm praying for you with all this insurance MESS.

Harry Potter was awesome. They had a costume contest. Unfortunately I didn't enter, but there were so many creative and funny ones. My friend Melanie and I had a great time.

Also yesterday a friend told me she had an eating disorder. It came after a long tearful talk. She says she's never told anyone before, and she asked me not to tell anyone else (but I figure it's okay here, being anonymous). I held her and rubbed her back and listened, but I couldn't really think of anything comforting or useful to say. :( Please be praying for her and me.
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Shann wrote:Amy now that Pup is gone , you need to take care of yourself!!!! Around 3ish your time I was drawn deeply to pray for you which I did but you are overdoing and putting unnecessary stress on yourself! You need to take it easy and take care of yourself says the person who hasn't eaten a thing all day so I know firsthand how not taking care of yourself can make your illness flare up! Okay I'm done with that lecture.
Thanks, Shann. I know this week I've been too busy but it's almost all been medical stuff that I didn't have much control over when they would be. And tomorrow the interpreting thing I'm doing is something I've been asking to do for ages, so I can't turn it down and mostly I'll just be observing, I think.

At 3:00 I was just about to leave the medical place where I was checking my medical records. It's almost an hour drive home, so maybe the urge to pray was for safety and alertness while driving in heavy traffic in the rain. Thanks for the prayers!

Sunday I think I'm going to stay home from church to rest and I get to be home all day Monday. Tomorrow...ooo, I'll tell you about tomorrow. First the background:

Every year David Ian is involved in doing sound effects and some acting and singing in a Christmas show. It's a live radio drama that is based on trascripts from real radio shows that were broadcast from Portland, OR on Christmas day during WWII. I've been to it once or twice and it's such a fun show.

Well, they always have a sign language interpreter and this year I begged the interpreters to mentor me for the show. They agreed! I might not get to do any actual interpreting, but I'll be observing their practices and such as they prepare for it. I go for the first time tomorrow. One of the interpreters has MS and is in a wheelchair and is always a good resource for me for questions about dealing with disabilities and interpreting.
Amy care to hint what story is yours?
I'm in masters and I got mine in very early in the week. ;) You'll recognize it because I used my NaNo characters but changed their names.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Return to “The Water Cooler”