Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Rebecky wrote:I never could get into Harry Potter... :roll:
Ya I know what you mean. The movies were so so, even with the graphics. But at least in the last one he is suppose to die. should be good. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:35 pm

b24bomb wrote:
Rebecky wrote:Well I've had a productive morning. I sat and wrote something for the Media challenge which took an hour and a half to write. Of course its not any good because it was written last minute, Plus the max words came up on me so fast I had to end it abruptly. Ugh. Oh well, I did it for fun :)

Then I threw together a beef stew in the crock pot for dinner... now I'm hungry so I think I'm gonna make some scrambled eggs, toast and a cup of tea! :mrgreen:
Becks, I want to hire you to cook for me, because I don't have the time to do it myself! Most of my money goes to the WSU cafeteria. :P I don't like that, even though the food is good-ish. If I could, I would totally do one of those Dinner's Ready things.
yeah, I cook dinner for my family during the week and mom takes over on the weekends. :)
Dum Spiro Spero

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:48 pm

b24bomb wrote:Hi, everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. I've been a bit down in the dumps lately, but I think it's because I've been stressed out with school. But only a few more weeks left in this semester. :)
Seema, I would love to look at it for you! :D
Thanks. I just sent you an e-mail.

Praying you get out of the dumps soon. School stress will do that to you. Remember to take one day a week to rest and have fun.

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:56 pm

srashmi wrote:
b24bomb wrote:Hi, everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. I've been a bit down in the dumps lately, but I think it's because I've been stressed out with school. But only a few more weeks left in this semester. :)
Seema, I would love to look at it for you! :D
Thanks. I just sent you an e-mail.
I got it. :)
srashmi wrote:Praying you get out of the dumps soon. School stress will do that to you. Remember to take one day a week to rest and have fun.
Thanks. :) Yes, I had a girls' night the other night with a couple of friends. It was good to just relax and laugh about nothing in particular. Plus, we get the whole week of Thanksgiving off, so that will be good, too.

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:56 pm

Hey guys! I submitted a coNuNdrum to Connecting Now! Check it out and give some kudos to Lisa Mikitarian for having such an awesome blog!

http://www.lisamikitarian.com/
Barb Culler

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:31 am

I got all my pages and pages of symptom discriptions and everything all finished and sent off to SSI today before I left for school, with my support letters from family and my mentor. Got through math class but not doing so well now. Guess I need to drag myself up and find some food. I didn't really eat much today, so I'm sure that doesn't help. Don't think I'll be getting even the 800 more words I need to meet today's NaNo goal, but should be able to catch up at some point.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:37 am

IvyKat wrote:
Shann wrote:
IvyKat wrote:I'mma going to the mooooooooovies tonight! Harry Potter! Woot woot!
Ohh I'm jealous, but it's a comfort to know the movies aren't any where near as good as the books. I watched all the older ones on TV this weekend, I was thinking it's been a while since I've read the books maybe I'll read them again. I think I've read them all at least 10 times each!
That's awesome... I don't have them. I need to acquire them and read them again. Because they're awesome. No matter what Rebecky says. I think you need to try again, Rebecky.

I love Harry Potter. I am actually on book #6 re-reading them for the maybe 6th time?? I wish I could go back and read it again for the first time. Though if you are starting out books 1-2 aren't so great but by book 3 it just becomes better and better.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:40 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
Ya I know what you mean. The movies were so so, even with the graphics. But at least in the last one he is suppose to die. should be good. :roll:
WHAT?!??!? He dies?!?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:33 am

tonguethaid wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:
Did I say that...? Ummm I meant he dyes.. as in his hair.. ya that's it.. dies. I mean ummm.. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:37 am

Sparrow wrote:I got all my pages and pages of symptom discriptions and everything all finished and sent off to SSI today before I left for school, with my support letters from family and my mentor. Got through math class but not doing so well now. Guess I need to drag myself up and find some food. I didn't really eat much today, so I'm sure that doesn't help. Don't think I'll be getting even the 800 more words I need to meet today's NaNo goal, but should be able to catch up at some point.
That's it I am through. No longer am I going to tell you to be careful or take care of yourself, like eating regular meals. I give up, it does me no good, you don't listen. :?

I will just keep my mouth shut, and worry myself to death over it. It is simpler that way. :cry:

She will probably force herself to stay up and not only type out the 800 words she needs but another 1000 just to make me worry more. I am starting to think she does it on purpose.... :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:54 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
Are they really going to kill off Harry Potter?

I was thinking of watching the movies and reading to books, but I don't want to if they are just going to kill him off! that's HORRIBLE!!!!! YOU JUST DON'T DO THAT!!!!!!!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:55 am

Sparrow wrote:I got all my pages and pages of symptom discriptions and everything all finished and sent off to SSI today before I left for school, with my support letters from family and my mentor. Got through math class but not doing so well now. Guess I need to drag myself up and find some food. I didn't really eat much today, so I'm sure that doesn't help. Don't think I'll be getting even the 800 more words I need to meet today's NaNo goal, but should be able to catch up at some point.
I need to meat at least last weeks goal!!! I'm SOOOO beyond behind.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:57 am

tonguethaid wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:
My thoughts exactly! why would you do that?
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:03 am

He doesn't die in the last book, so why would he die in the movie?
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:52 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
That's it I am through. No longer am I going to tell you to be careful or take care of yourself, like eating regular meals. I give up, it does me no good, you don't listen. :?

I will just keep my mouth shut, and worry myself to death over it. It is simpler that way. :cry:

She will probably force herself to stay up and not only type out the 800 words she needs but another 1000 just to make me worry more. I am starting to think she does it on purpose.... :roll:
Yup, I do it just to torture you. :razzberry But no, I didn't write a word on my NaNo and I'm going to bed now, a bit earlier than I've been going.

I keep telling you, though, my disease just pretends to kill me--it isn't actually fatal, so all the worrying is for naught.

So, how do the Harry Potter books end? I don't care for them myself, so will never read them, but I'm curious how they end.

Hey, I already got one comment on my challenge story. :) Left a few on some other ones earlier today before I crashed, too.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Return to “The Water Cooler”