Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Rebecky-- Praying for your friend, and for your headache.

Amy-- Hope you have a better night, tonight! Praying for you, too.

Leonie-- I loved your post about Owami laughing and progressing so quickly! It gives me a huge smile!

It's pouring here...a great evening for the wood stove's cozy warmth and writing!

Shelley

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi Everybody...Just dropping in to say Hi, had a long day with two midterm exams and did really well, Amen! Beakers, praying here too for your friend and it breaks my heart too, when others mourn the loss of a loved one. It feels like the sting of death is really for the one's left behind. As for that headache, you are dealing with two losses and although you didn't get that close with Sally-Ann's husband, you hurt for her, so remember what I said about not letting yourself get overtaxed (so to speak). Do something for yourself that lifts you up and relaxes you...AFTER, you keep rebuking the ugly old little devil to take his hands off of you!

And Miss Amykins....glad you're gonna take the insomnia up with your Doc as not sleeping on top of dealing with the Fibro could really wipe you out quick! Praying for you too cutie.

And Ivykins....love you more! :mrgreen:

And Boo....LOVE the picture you painted with Owami. I could hear the pitter patter of her itty bitty feetsies, her screaming and laughing with the boys and there voices instigating it. Also fills my heart with warm fuzzies.

And PUPPERS AND SUNSHINE (Seema) in case Beakers doesn't know...AND SHANNIKINS AND TIMMY-TOT AND BARBARINA...W H E R E A R E Y O U?I really miss you guys :(

btw...squeeze a little prayer in for me tonight...for me as a Mom in dealing with Kimi and rebellion in her walk with the Lord (or lack of)...ok? thanks! :)

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Praying, Holly. That's tough on a mother's heart...

Our own son is doing well on that score at this point, but neither of John's older kids are where they once were with the Lord. :(

Shelley

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:03 am

Thanks Shelley....means a lot and will add John's sons to my prayers for Kimi!

Loooooong day, gonna go watch T.V. in bed and get warm and cozy. Nite-Nite all!

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:23 am

I'm here. Don't have to work until Monday. :D :party :music2

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:34 am

Praying for all the needs here.

Tomorrow at 10:00 am, there is going to be a meeting with this troublesome parent, all the staff of the home her daughter is in, and my two supervisors and myself. The meeting was set up by my supervisor so that this parent could communicate her grievances with everybody and deal with them at one time. This parent is very upset with me, for silly reasons and writing letters to my supervisor and speaking with the regional center counselor about how uncaring and cruel I am. I have been devastated all weekend, since Friday, when I learned we were doing this. I sort of feel like I am in front of the firing squad yet I know my supervisor and my staff all know how this woman is.

This morning, my staff told me that this woman contacted some of the other involved parents and invited them to this meeting and that there is one parent who is coming. My supervisor was very upset when he heard this and he called her on it. She denied it. My supervisor asked me to contact this parent to see if she knows about meeting without asking her. Nothing came out other than she was leaving the state tomorrow and will be gone for several weeks. So, the staff must have gotten it wrong? I tried to contact the staff person but her phone was out of service. Well, we will see come tomorrow, Wished I could tape-record everything!

PLEASE PRAY...

I did not do the challenge this week-my heart is just not into it :(
Barb Culler

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:16 am

Definitely praying, Barb! What a difficult situation. :(

Please let us know how it went when you can, tomorrow.

Shelley

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:47 am

Kara, m'dear, your Facebook account has been hacked. This is the second night in a row that whoever has hacked it has gotten on chat and sent me a spam message.

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:55 am

Hi ya'll. My day went pretty well. My mentor did respond to my complaint of not sleeping last night with a sarcastic, "No, really?" so I guess I must look pretty tired. :heehee Traffic was terrible everywhere I went, too, I guess from the rain. Accidents all over and was even late to my math class. But made it through everything fine and had a nice time chatting and praying with my dear friend, Holly.

I have my doctor appointment for insomnia set up on Tuesday and the meeting with SSI is on Monday.

Praying for everyone. Becky, praying for your friend and for your headaches. Barb, hope the meeting tomorrow goes well. Holly, praying for your mothering situation. And saying a prayer for everyone else, too!

Leonie, so glad to hear that Owami is doing so well. Praise God!

I haven't seen Shann on here lately but I texted her today. She's not feeling well, but hanging in there.

OK, I'm gonna go brave bed. While I'm trying to sleep maybe I can think of an idea for the next scene in my book. Sky and Sage ran into a church to escape the squinty-eye man and after the service a family invites them out to lunch with them. I don't have any ideas for how to make the lunch scene interesting or what they should talk about....
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:36 am

Well, at least you have tomorrow off to rest and think... which is hard enough at times.

After tonight I get time off as well. If it is halfway nice out maybe I will go for a walk. Ben storming off and on the last few days sooooo.... :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:07 am

OK..... here it goes....

GROUP HUG!!!!!!

:grouphug :grouphug3 :grouphug2

:mrgreen:

My headache is finally gone, YAY! I've been down in the dumps for I don't know how long so I really need to get out of it, NOW! Music. Music makes me happy. :)

There are three songs Casting Crowns songs that I absolutely love and never really heard before now and that's "Voice of Truth", "If we are the Body" and "Until the Whole World Hears". I hope my efforts help get me out of this dump i'm in.

OK, so for my NaNo novel when I left off My MC, Lydia, found out she has a half brother she didn't know about who is a little older than her and in Law school. She had made plans to go to the movies with her friend from school, Abby. So in an attempt to keep her plans and get to know her new brother she takes him a long and Abby invites her brother Adam. They have a conversation at dinner and this is when Lydia finds out that Abby and Adam (she just met them a week ago since she just moved to the town) are Christians and so is her brother. :o *gasp* so what's next?

:lol: You have to wait to find out... :heehee
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:19 am

AnneRene' wrote:Beakers, praying here too for your friend and it breaks my heart too, when others mourn the loss of a loved one. It feels like the sting of death is really for the one's left behind. As for that headache, you are dealing with two losses and although you didn't get that close with Sally-Ann's husband, you hurt for her, so remember what I said about not letting yourself get overtaxed (so to speak). Do something for yourself that lifts you up and relaxes you...AFTER, you keep rebuking the ugly old little devil to take his hands off of you!
Well, it's crazy but it seems like every 3-6 months or so something like this happens. In march of 2009 my Sister-in-laws dad passed away, I felt so terrible for her, I remember at the viewing giving her a hug and saying if she needed anything to let me know, she just looked me in the eyes and said "You just take care of your daddy and don't ever let him go." And that made us both cry like crazy!

2 months after that my Aunt Naomi died. I still miss her. :(

5 months after that my best friend lost her dad. This was also very very difficult. He was an amazing man though and I am happy to say he is in Heaven with our Savior!

6 months after that is when my other best friend lost her grandfather. His wife finding out she has cancer as well 2 or 3 months after his death.

And now, about 6 weeks ago my other friend lost his mom.

It's been crazy. I miss all those people too, I knew them all even if it was just an acquaintance to some.

:cry:

okay that didn't help my mood. I'm off to go boost it back up. :roll:
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:32 am

When I am in the dumps... I have coffee. Coffee fixes everything. After 5 or 6 quad-shots in in coffee mix, I dont care much about being in the dumps. I am too buzzed to stay there long. Image
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:42 am

JesusPuppy wrote:When I am in the dumps... I have coffee. Coffee fixes everything. After 5 or 6 quad-shots in in coffee mix, I dont care much about being in the dumps. I am too buzzed to stay there long. Image
:redface2
Dum Spiro Spero

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:14 pm

AnneRene' wrote:
And PUPPERS AND SUNSHINE (Seema) in case Beakers doesn't know...AND SHANNIKINS AND TIMMY-TOT AND BARBARINA...W H E R E A R E Y O U?I really miss you guys :(
:? I'm at work ... where else would I be? :(

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Return to “The Water Cooler”