Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:35 am

Shann wrote:Hi all I just wanted to drop in real quick and ask my dear friends for prayers for my dear friend Patty (Iam4Him). She sent me an email and is really down in the dumps. She submitted stories the last couple of weeks after not being around for a long time. She seems really sad and I'm worried. I know Tim Pup Tiara Holly and Barbshould all know who I'm talking about. If any of you want to reach out to her and let her know she is missed and loved I do believe it would do her heart good. Thanks.

I did get another email from Patty apologizing for worrying me. I've invited her here but she is very depressed and I'm still very worried. Please pray or if you feel led reach out and let her know she is missed and loved. She was one of the people that was really worried about me when I was in the hospital for 5 weeks along with Holly and Barb and of course the rest of you yahoos
If your invite doesnt work, tell her I said she BETTER get down here and say hi to me. I know she doesnt want me to feel bad because she doesnt like me anymore. :|

Come on Patty come join us and have some fun. :P
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:41 am

Hiya Shelley... great looking tile job. So what is the next project in the house to get finished?

Well, it is lunch time in Bandon. Slow night, but I am not going to complain. I been working on resetting my weekly story for a full story later on, but can't seem to think of a good title for the whole thing.

And you Nanose better get back to it. I am looking forword to reading your published novels soon. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:14 am

Sparrow wrote:Shann, saying a prayer for Patty. Hard when you know God gave you a gift for writing but seems like it's a deadend everywhere you try.

Tiara, the code for these message boards should look like this

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.nanowrimo.org/widget/graph/653591.png[/img]
but with your ID numbers instead of mine. Does that work?
thank you...I wasn't smart enough to figure that out.

And Pup I don't think they will be publish only the winners are sometimes published...I believe.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:21 am

Morning friends.

Been a long morning already. :| :(

I think what I need now is some alone time and some writing.

I feel bad for my MC... I think I'm taking all my anger and frustration out on her. :orangeyes :shocked :violin
Dum Spiro Spero

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:37 am

Morning everyone 8)

Shelley - awesome pic.

Hope everyone has an absolutely awesome day ... New day, new week, new chance for things to go better and keep improving :D Praying it does for all my friends here.

To all my Nano friends - awesome job!!! Image Keep up the great work!!!

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:27 pm

JoyAnn wrote:And Pup I don't think they will be publish only the winners are sometimes published...I believe.
Ummm... if you get it finished, why not try to publish it.. :roll:

Just a thought there, but.... You know. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi everyone! I trust everyone had a wonderful Monday. Mine was bleghhhhh. I had a performance meeting today and I was the 'victim'. The tables were turned. Usually I am the one leading these meetings and today my performance was under scrutiny.
One of my staff members (I wll call her staff member 1)were dragging her heals on getting her job done. As it so happens I was caught up in performance meetings for another staff member who was eventually fired. During all this of firing the staff member, interviewing and hiring the replacement, staff member 1 lagged behind in her job. After everything settled down with employing the new staff member, the training started for this new member. So to cut a long story short, staff member 1 did not perform to standard but before I could start working on this, all hell broke loose. Staff member 1 does all the debtors for the company and it is company rule that as soon as the accounts are not paid up to date, the customer should be phoned, any queries handled and problems escalated to the relevant managers. So all of this did not happen according to rules and regulations. As it so happens, the minute I spotted the problem so did the dealer principal (general manager at the dealership). This situation got blown out of proportion and the end was that ME, the manager, had a performance meeting to discuss MY lack of disciplining the staff member.
Blegggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what can I say. It comes with the job description.
Okay so that was my rant and ramble for the evening.
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Hey, guys, check out www.lisamikitarian.com. One of our own (*coughShanncough*) is being featured!

Tiara, html is just plain confusing. I've had to have a lot of help before I got to the point now that I can kinda figure some things out on my own.

Leonie, so sorry everything is messed up at work. That's frustrating.

Wren, did finally get some sleep?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:08 pm

So sorry about your day, Leonie! :(

I'll have to check out that link, Amy...

I thought I'd post these really fast and then I have to get back to my NaNo project. Hubby went fishing and son is as the community college so I have some precious uninterrupted time! 8)

Anyway, this is the view from the front door. John and I designed and installed the flooring. The dining room I posted the picture of last night is just to the right of this. I engraved the heron on black granite using diamond point tools. It's hard to get a good picture of it since the granite reflects everything! :)

And this is a closeup picture of some of the tile (copper quartzite stone).

Okay...back to NaNo!

Shelley

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:18 pm

You did the heron? It's beautiful!

Amy, I didn't get to sleep until about 5:30 this morning. The only reason I'm awake now is because I had to give a phone interview at 11:00 this morning. Wait. Is that the right terminology? "Give an interview?" I was interviewing someone for the paper. Hmm...

I need more sleep. Or caffeine. Or both. Oh, and I need food, too. Hm.

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:26 pm

b24bomb wrote:Can't sleep.
Hey Cutie, Love your new profile pic....very pretty picture of you...great smile! Oh and BTW...IVYKINS, you too, love your new profile pic...it's SO YOU!

Shellykins....you have such a humble heart and I know you've worked hard for your beautiful home and I'm just glad that God saw fit to give you such a wonderful home before getting your permanent one! :)....Us women really enjoy "pretty" and I would be totally jazzed if it were me. Also, you;re so thrifty and I believe God also honored that by letting you find the deals you find. I have to catch up on a few posts, so don't know if you posted a close up one of your floor, but hope so. :) If not, I'm patient!!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Shann wrote:Hi all I just wanted to drop in real quick and ask my dear friends for prayers for my dear friend Patty (Iam4Him). She sent me an email and is really down in the dumps. She submitted stories the last couple of weeks after not being around for a long time. She seems really sad and I'm worried. I know Tim Pup Tiara Holly and Barbshould all know who I'm talking about. If any of you want to reach out to her and let her know she is missed and loved I do believe it would do her heart good. Thanks.

Ivy I'm sorry your heart is hurting. I love you and am praying for you. Keep your chin up and your eyes on the Lord.

Hang in there Leonie. There will be good days and bad days.

I love you all. Take care of each other!
Will definitely keep Patty in my prayers...God Love Her!
BusBoss wrote:
LStanley wrote:
IvyKat wrote: Your face? :? Your chest? I don't get it :heehee
On his forehead......duh!!
Right Tim :?: :mrgreen:
Let's just say that if I'm not careful the spacing between the ST and the OP may be off a bit :roll:
Rebecky wrote:Morning friends.

Been a long morning already. :| :(

I think what I need now is some alone time and some writing.

I feel bad for my MC... I think I'm taking all my anger and frustration out on her. :orangeyes :shocked :violin
K....that is pretty darn funny and a lol moment for me...FOR REAL...I'm even feeling sorry for her! :heehee

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:42 pm

AnneRene wrote: I feel bad for my MC... I think I'm taking all my anger and frustration out on her. :orangeyes :shocked :violin
K....that is pretty darn funny and a lol moment for me...FOR REAL...I'm even feeling sorry for her! :heehee
I know! I feel so horrible. Poor girl can't catch a break. :orangeyes :heehee
Last edited by Rebecky on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:43 pm

BusBoss wrote:Morning everyone 8)

Shelley - awesome pic.

Hope everyone has an absolutely awesome day ... New day, new week, new chance for things to go better and keep improving :D Praying it does for all my friends here.

To all my Nano friends - awesome job!!! Image Keep up the great work!!!
Oh man this humor around here is G R E A T (just in case anyone's wondering...I said that like Tony the Tiger. :mrgreen: Where in hecka did you find her...she's too adorable and definitely boosted my lethargic, little Nano dragging dierriere. (anybody notice I said "little" :)

Hey Beakers, just noticed your new pic and you loook sooooooooooo familiar but I've never been back there. You remind me of a movie star and I can't think of her name for the LIFE of me.....anyone else see it and know who I'm talking about. She's an older start from like the 50's. btw....love your long pretty nails, I've got stubs from all the housework I do. :(

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:46 pm

AnneRene' wrote: Hey Beakers, just noticed your new pic and you loook sooooooooooo familiar but I've never been back there. You remind me of a movie star and I can't think of her name for the LIFE of me.....anyone else see it and know who I'm talking about. She's an older start from like the 50's. btw....love your long pretty nails, I've got stubs from all the housework I do. :(
wow, thanks. First time I've ever gotten that I look like a movie star lol.

This picture was actually taken about a week before my birthday in April. My friend's grandfather had just passed away and we had to go get our nails done and eyebrows waxed and to find a dress for the funeral, plus grocery shopping for her grandmother. And now her poor grandmother has cancer, found out about two or three months after she lost her husband to the same disease. :cry2
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”