Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

LStanley
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:04 pm

I am watching The Event - episode 6 but I am soooooooo falling asleep. I had a weird pain in my head earlier and could not figure out whether it was tooth ache or head ache. Finally figured out that my neck is very sore and that has caused the pain. So then I do the human thing - I take a head ache tablet and now I am soooooooo drowsy (the pain is gone though). This episode must get done now.
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:13 pm

I am home now and exhausted tired!! I was starting to get a headache earlier and I was getting pain in the bridge of my nose.

Everyone loved my pie at church! Yay! :mrgreen:

and there was just a small enough piece left over that my dad gets a piece too. :)

I wish it wasn't too late to take a nap, my eyes hurt. They sting and I'm tired! :(
Dum Spiro Spero

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Hey Becky,

I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Get into bed early, you deserve the rest seeing that you baked such a nice pie. Pity I will not get to taste it.

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Okay peoples it is 11:30 in SA. The Event is now a non-event. I will now wait for the next episode or download it from NBC (I think).
I am tired and will start typing incoherent sentences so I will rather leave while I am ahead.
Good night all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi everybody!

Hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday!

Thought I'd pop in and post a picture of our finished (well, except for crown and base molding) dining room!

I procrastinated today and took pictures during part of the time I should have been working on NaNo (although I did work on it, too, and will more, yet this evening).

Anyway, here's the dining room. You can see a bit of the floor which took us *so* long to put down, and the hickory table set I told you about that we got such a good deal on.

The hutches in the background (the one nearest the window has glass all the way down) are both "new to us" and bought at different times / places (one off craigslist and the other at our church's garage sale), but they look like they were made to go together! (And also go nicely tone-wise with the table, even though they're different wood types).

Anyway, here it is...

Shelley

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi Ya'll, I'll join the crowd that wasn't feeling real well today, but made it through interpreting fine. I didn't take a nap but been just hanging out on the couch watching movies with Mom and Sis.

I need to catch up on my NaNo book at some point tonight, too. I did write a blog post, though. I put another excerpt from my novel there and a bit of a tribute to our friend: Dance in Peace

Shelley, the room looks amazing!!! Wow. Must be nice to have it done.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:24 pm

pretty dinning room.

Oh my goal is to be caught up on nano....before hitting the hay...but I haven't even started writing yet today. gahh.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm

why is it I can't get the word count widget to work?
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:41 pm

JoyAnn wrote:why is it I can't get the word count widget to work?
Hmmm.... mine dissapeared, too. And I've sequestered myself in a room away from the family and TV in order to WRITE. Now if I will just write on the story instead of places like this. :roll: So tired, though.

Come on, Tiara, we must go write.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi all I just wanted to drop in real quick and ask my dear friends for prayers for my dear friend Patty (Iam4Him). She sent me an email and is really down in the dumps. She submitted stories the last couple of weeks after not being around for a long time. She seems really sad and I'm worried. I know Tim Pup Tiara Holly and Barbshould all know who I'm talking about. If any of you want to reach out to her and let her know she is missed and loved I do believe it would do her heart good. Thanks.

I did get another email from Patty apologizing for worrying me. I've invited her here but she is very depressed and I'm still very worried. Please pray or if you feel led reach out and let her know she is missed and loved. She was one of the people that was really worried about me when I was in the hospital for 5 weeks along with Holly and Barb and of course the rest of you yahoos
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:04 pm

kahoosbt wrote:Hi everybody!

Hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday!

Thought I'd pop in and post a picture of our finished (well, except for crown and base molding) dining room!

I procrastinated today and took pictures during part of the time I should have been working on NaNo (although I did work on it, too, and will more, yet this evening).

Anyway, here's the dining room. You can see a bit of the floor which took us *so* long to put down, and the hickory table set I told you about that we got such a good deal on.

The hutches in the background (the one nearest the window has glass all the way down) are both "new to us" and bought at different times / places (one off craigslist and the other at our church's garage sale), but they look like they were made to go together! (And also go nicely tone-wise with the table, even though they're different wood types).

Anyway, here it is...

Shelley
WOW, absollutey beautifully GOIGEOUS (wrote it that way in poipose!) :) All of it is so pretty, Shelley...man, that's how I picture my home in Heaven! I especially love the cabinets. ummm ummm ummm, almost mouth watering. You're Blessed and I'm happy for you!!!!!

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:24 am

Sparrow wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:why is it I can't get the word count widget to work?
Hmmm.... mine dissapeared, too. And I've sequestered myself in a room away from the family and TV in order to WRITE. Now if I will just write on the story instead of places like this. :roll: So tired, though.

Come on, Tiara, we must go write.
I can't focus...even though I only have internet and myself to distract me... so I will probably be up late writing like a mad person.

Your's in there now...but I can't even get the thing to show up...it's just a code...and I've tried like seven times...I know it have to be [Img] code...but they don't give you that exactly and I typed [img] and it did nothing....gahh.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:13 am

Shann, saying a prayer for Patty. Hard when you know God gave you a gift for writing but seems like it's a deadend everywhere you try.

Tiara, the code for these message boards should look like this

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.nanowrimo.org/widget/graph/653591.png[/img]
but with your ID numbers instead of mine. Does that work?
Amy Michelle Wiley

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:37 am

Awww...thanks for the nice comments on the dining room!

I still can hardly believe something that looks like that is in our house! :mrgreen: Almost all of what we've had for...forever, it seems, has been stuff one or the other of us already had when we got married (almost 24 years ago) or was given to us or inherited when our parents passed away. Little of it "went" together. Much of it we didn't even like all that well, but it was "practical" / still usable so we kept it. But I finally decided that, at 53, it was finally time to get something I wanted for a change.

I'm still very practical (got great buys on what we got, whether new or used), but actually choosing stuff is really quite nice! 8)

I'll try tomorrow to post some closer pix of the floor we worked so hard on. The basic room shot doesn't do it justice.

And, Tiara, don't feel bad about your NaNo word count. Whatever it is, I'm sure you're WAY ahead of me. Mine would be just fine if we were on day 2! :roll: But, with all of the remodel stuff, I figure any progress on the novel is good!

Well, it's getting beddy-bye time for me. Good night everybody!

Shelley

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:09 am

Can't sleep.

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

Return to “The Water Cooler”