Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

srashmi
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by srashmi » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Congrats to Tazzy and Leah for placing in the challenge. :party :clap :thumbs :music2

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Rebecky wrote: :heehee

*pelts Tim with amnesia peanuts*
*Ducks as it grazes off my head and ricochets toward Pup*

*Scratches head wonder what's going on*

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:37 pm

kahoosbt wrote:
BusBoss wrote: And I don't do the cartoon character print on underwear ... I have one pair that has chili peppers all over it :roll:
Isn't that kind of uncomfortable?

:shock: :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

Shelley
Only if I'm wearing tight pants :roll:

:?

And it is a handy way to carry snacks around :shock: :roll:

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:22 pm

I always try to match my hair things to my clothes.... But I don't much care about matching socks. When I went in the interpreter program my classmates finally convinced me that I need to wear dark socks with dark pants (rather than white with black pants).

Congrats on the challenge winners! :)

Holly, the pictures are beeuutiful! And no worries, even with our bad memories, we won't forget you. ;)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Any news about the interpreting job yet Amy?

Tomorrow is Lyd's final swim meet. Someone suggested I borrow a wheelchair from the Red Cross. I called and set it up and have been resting today so hopefully I can go tomorrow :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Shann wrote:Any news about the interpreting job yet Amy?

Tomorrow is Lyd's final swim meet. Someone suggested I borrow a wheelchair from the Red Cross. I called and set it up and have been resting today so hopefully I can go tomorrow :
D
"LIKE"
Barb Culler

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks Barb but apparently it was a dumb idea as she would be embarrassed if I did that so I'm either going to tough it out or not go. Can't win for losing some days. I've been trying to make life easier by ordering the groceries online so all Chris has to do is pick them up but apparently I'm pretty useless at that. Everything I got is disgusting!Well that leaves more for me.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:42 pm

b24bomb wrote:
IvyKat wrote:You guys are doing way better than me. Haven't written a word since Monday. But I'm going HOME this weekend, so planning on finishing my homework early, so should have some extra time to write.
Ivypie, you know we have Sunday Celebration down in Milwaukie this weekend, right? It'll be fun! :mrgreen:
Is it morning or afternoon???????
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Shann wrote:Ah Darlin' Ivy I'm glad yOu broke down and talked to your mom but it breaks my heart that you've felt alone and isolated yourself so much!! Just know that if you ever need me I'm here. I love you!

Oh and Owamie is a little 4 yo orphan girl that Leonie and her family took in. She's been there since Sat. (short version long version is about 10 pages back) :D
Wow, that's awesome. Congrats Leonie.
JoyAnn wrote:
Shann wrote:
I think you're beautiful too Tiara. Although the girl kind of resembles you, no one but you could fill your shoes!
That's not true a lot of woman with size eight feet could wear them.
You crack me up, you and Timmy-tot :heehee Thanks for the laugh.
Shann wrote:Thanks Barb but apparently it was a dumb idea as she would be embarrassed if I did that so I'm either going to tough it out or not go. Can't win for losing some days. I've been trying to make life easier by ordering the groceries online so all Chris has to do is pick them up but apparently I'm pretty useless at that. Everything I got is disgusting!Well that leaves more for me.
I'm sorry Shannikins. Did she say it would embarrass her? I don't see what would be embarrassing about it, personally. And my dad used to order our groceries online and have them delivered. It was pretty hit-or-miss most times. It's definitely easier shopping at the store.

Anyways, you guys always bring a smile to my face and I can't believe I stayed away so long. How did I stand it without my daily dose of awesome?

Something that made me smile today: One of the people that's on staff with Campus Crusade, Reyshawn, was walking through the quad today and saw me studying on the lawn (it's been awesome sunny). He hailed me and came over, and we started chatting, and right before he left he told me, "We really, really appreciate you coming to the Bible studies and participating and being involved. It means a lot to us. Thanks." :D YAY for not feeling like a deadweight on my friends!

Now I'm going to go try to add 9,000 words to my NaNo before I meet my friend for dinner at 7. :lol: Talk to y'alls later.

~Regina Spektor

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:40 pm

is it bedtime yet? :shock: :sleep

Finished writing for NaNo today; Word count: 14,158

I'm exhausted. :| :sleep
Dum Spiro Spero

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Rebecky wrote:is it bedtime yet? :shock: :sleep

Finished writing for NaNo today; Word count: 14,158

I'm exhausted. :| :sleep
Now I feel really bad about being behind a day. lol congrats for you though
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:02 pm

IvyKat wrote:
b24bomb wrote:
IvyKat wrote:You guys are doing way better than me. Haven't written a word since Monday. But I'm going HOME this weekend, so planning on finishing my homework early, so should have some extra time to write.
Ivypie, you know we have Sunday Celebration down in Milwaukie this weekend, right? It'll be fun! :mrgreen:
10:00 AM service with shared meal, etc., afterwards. I don't think we're having an evening service this time around, but we might be. Oh, and the Riveras are here, too! :D Want me to forward Mr. Burd's email to you? I'm sure your parents got it, but if you want it I'll send it to you.

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Okay, so you know how I told you guys about that video about me being a dork in his music video and how I couldn't find it...well I found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS7Cfn_VD2Y
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:32 pm

b24bomb wrote:
IvyKat wrote:
b24bomb wrote: Ivypie, you know we have Sunday Celebration down in Milwaukie this weekend, right? It'll be fun! :mrgreen:
10:00 AM service with shared meal, etc., afterwards. I don't think we're having an evening service this time around, but we might be. Oh, and the Riveras are here, too! :D Want me to forward Mr. Burd's email to you? I'm sure your parents got it, but if you want it I'll send it to you.
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

I thought I wouldn't be able to go to church because my bus leaves at like 3:30.

I am so. Excited.

I can't believe how good my timing is.

:mrgreen:

~Regina Spektor

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:42 pm

JoyAnn wrote:Okay, so you know how I told you guys about that video about me being a dork in his music video and how I couldn't find it...well I found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS7Cfn_VD2Y
Tazzy, that was awesome! :mrgreen:
IvyKat wrote:
b24bomb wrote:
IvyKat wrote: Is it morning or afternoon???????
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

I thought I wouldn't be able to go to church because my bus leaves at like 3:30.

I am so. Excited.

I can't believe how good my timing is.

:mrgreen:
YAY!!

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

Return to “The Water Cooler”