Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Becky, I remember how tense I was for a while after a car accident. And every time I heard squeeling breaks it would be rather scary. It'll get easier eventually--just hang in there.

Thanks for the prayers about the job. Leonie, you're right--God's plan is always better than mine, anyway. ;) And hope that little one gets to sleep real soon.

I get to stay home today but have a lot to do... need to prep for my math test tomorrow, do some interpreting stuff, and get my NaNo words in. I haven't done anything yet today and I'm exhausted. :|
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JoyAnn
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JoyAnn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:31 pm

LStanley wrote: Tiara I love the cover of your book, once ready I must have a copy to tell all my friends that I know the author, well 'technologically' speaking.
Ha lol I'd have to pay to go print it off somewhere probably...I have one friend that wants to read read it when it's done, and she has actually helped me with some of the school stuff.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Rebecky wrote:Well, I'm fighting through NaNoWriMo but I am at least a head of schedule. My word count as of now is at 7,817. I've been feeling sick for the last week or two. Dizzy and headaches, the dizziness makes me feel nauseous. Plus add the pain I've been continuing to get for the last 3 months since the car accident. Ugh.

All I can do is push forward and fight.

Also pray for one of my aussie friends. He lost his mom over a month ago and he is not handling it well at all. :(
I'm sorry, I'm praying for you and your friend. Pain sucks. :( By the way, one of my sister's nicknames is Rebecky :D
LStanley wrote:Hellooooooooooooo everyone. It is 00:35 in South Africa and it seems that sleep is not quite there for me yet. No I AM tired but little Miss Owami has decided that tonight is a good night to not sleep.
You know how I've been gone for a really long time...? :lol: :lol:
Rebecky wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:
Rebecky wrote:bluh. :oops:

:|
Still not feeling well..? Sorry.

As for the rambling... If talking about it helps put it in prospective then by all means do so. Letting others know what bothers you helps us to know how better to pray for your well being.

Praying for all you Nano-bites, working so hard to sit in front of the computer all day, typing away. Keep it up. You can do it. :mrgreen:
Not really.

and, I try not to ramble so much, I feel like a nuisance
:| :|

Now listening to Selah while I write for NaNo... just hit over 8,000 words
You guys are doing way better than me. Haven't written a word since Monday. But I'm going HOME this weekend, so planning on finishing my homework early, so should have some extra time to write.

And I know EXACTLY how you feel. I hate, hate, hate telling people what's really going on with me. As a kid, whenever I was sick I would pretend I was fine... even puking my guts out in the bathroom, I would still say "fine" if anyone asked. This happened to the point where my mom thought I was some kind of superhero because I never seemed to care about anything, even if I was sobbing myself to sleep every night (which has happened more than once). So this last weekend I finally broke down and called her and poured out my heart. It made me feel SO MUCH better. At one point she said in a kind of wondering voice, "So... you are a human being!" Which made me laugh, but also made me kind of sad, because in all my eighteen years on the planet that was pretty much the first time I've actually shared my problems with someone close to me.

And now I'M rambling on, instead of doing my homework. It's so nice I'm going to go out to the Quad and lay on the grass while I do it. Yay for sunshine!

:loveyou
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:35 pm

JoyAnn wrote:
Ms. Barbie wrote:Tiara, the cover is beautiful! That boy is a real cutie too! I think the girl resembles you! :)
I don't see it and I am prettier but whatever! Thanks Barb
:rolling :rolling
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks guys & gals.

Yeah, I tend to not ramble but then I usually end up blowing up or crumbling under. So at some point it comes out anyway.

oh and my friend Caitlynn named me Rebecky :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:47 pm

JoyAnn wrote: my playlist is tenth ave's and the newsboys new cd's
mine is stuff like, Casting Crowns, Selah, Switchfoot, Skillet, Flyleaf, TFK, a bunch of different hymns and then I have some classic rock.. eagles, styx, heart, etc.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Don't ever feel like a nuisance here Becky, we've all had our moments and sometimes it feels like we might be burdening others, but it helps me get my mind off my problems if I can help someone or just listen.

I think you're beautiful too Tiara. Although the girl kind of resembles you, no one but you could fill your shoes!

I hope the little one goes to sleep soon Leonie! Maybe just tucking her in might work. It has to be scary for her though. But she might be feeling comfortable enough to start testing her boundaries.

I'm off to bed. I submitted my story. It's not very good but it's done.

Take care everyone.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:36 pm

IvyKat wrote:You guys are doing way better than me. Haven't written a word since Monday. But I'm going HOME this weekend, so planning on finishing my homework early, so should have some extra time to write.
Ivypie, you know we have Sunday Celebration down in Milwaukie this weekend, right? It'll be fun! :mrgreen:

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Ah Darlin' Ivy I'm glad yOu broke down and talked to your mom but it breaks my heart that you've felt alone and isolated yourself so much!! Just know that if you ever need me I'm here. I love you!

Oh and Owamie is a little 4 yo orphan girl that Leonie and her family took in. She's been there since Sat. (short version long version is about 10 pages back) :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:12 pm

JoyAnn wrote:
Ms. Barbie wrote:Tiara, the cover is beautiful! That boy is a real cutie too! I think the girl resembles you! :)
Well.. I think so too... Spunky. :lol:
Beaker wrote:I try not to ramble so much, I feel like a nuisance
And what is wrong with being a Nuisance.. it happens to be the only fun I have anymore. :roll:
Rebecky wrote:my friend Caitlynn named me Rebecky :mrgreen:
I remember her... if it is the same one that USE to come here.. a lot. How has she been doing?
Shann wrote:(short version long version is about 10 pages back) :D
Make that more like 15. :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Probably bordering on TMI, but I just realized that my shirt, socks underwear and hair tie all matched today 8)

No ... I won't be posting pictures :shock:

:?

And I'm not going to say what color, either :roll:

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:52 pm

Green? :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:10 am

Shann wrote:
I think you're beautiful too Tiara. Although the girl kind of resembles you, no one but you could fill your shoes!
That's not true a lot of woman with size eight feet could wear them.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:13 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:
Well.. I think so too... Spunky. :lol:
Oh I am just a smug little hmmhmm I just totally did see little face like, "You know that's right, keep going keep telling me how awesome I am."

OH LORD!!!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:14 am

Black?
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”