Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

BusBoss
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by BusBoss » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Quick answer - Doing alright. Heading to work late because I have to stay late - will be a bit of a stressful day dealing with an issue from yesterday.

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Shann wrote:I could probably help just tell everyone you're an alien!
You mean there are some here that didn't know that already. :roll:

Wow my pretending skills are better than I thought. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:57 pm

bluh. :oops:

:|
Dum Spiro Spero

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:34 pm

JoyAnn wrote:2,776...not quite and the quota for day two...but it's bed time just though i'd pop on before I go to bed.

Oh and Ivy, Amy is it just me or is windows word Doc and Nano's word counter off??? right now Nano is saying I have three words less then word doc is.... :roll:
Nano is the one that's off, but that's the one that counts unfortunately. :P

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:17 pm

Hey Lauren nice to see you! What about this week's challenge?? Did you do that? I'm going to get everyone to submit and comment on everyone elses if it kills me or if you all kill me!! :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Hiya!

Kara, so sorry you just barely missed your grandpa. I'm glad you'll get to be there with the family during the service, though.

Tiara, yeah, NaNo's counter is weird. Right now I'm just typing the word count numbers from Word in the top little box and saying "update". You don't have to put your text in for it to count until the end when you want to get verified as a winner. Then you just hope their counter isn't tooooo far off. :shock:

I didn't hear back anything about the job yet. Did you guys see that prayer request? I was hoping to hear back this morning, but maybe I'm being too impatient or maybe they got another interpreter....
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:31 pm

Well, I'm fighting through NaNoWriMo but I am at least a head of schedule. My word count as of now is at 7,817. I've been feeling sick for the last week or two. Dizzy and headaches, the dizziness makes me feel nauseous. Plus add the pain I've been continuing to get for the last 3 months since the car accident. Ugh.

All I can do is push forward and fight.

Also pray for one of my aussie friends. He lost his mom over a month ago and he is not handling it well at all. :(
Dum Spiro Spero

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Shann wrote:Hey Lauren nice to see you! What about this week's challenge?? Did you do that? I'm going to get everyone to submit and comment on everyone elses if it kills me or if you all kill me!! :mrgreen:
This week's challenge had been...well, a challenge. I have had multiple other things to write for school, plus I'm having a hard time coming up with an idea for the topic. I'll work through it, though. I'm determined to enter every week this quarter (except for that first week - that was a doozy for me).

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi Amy, I've been praying about the job. Give it a day or two and if you don't hear anything then call and tell them you're still interested in the job and you just wanted to let them know you look forward to hearing from them soon. It can take a while sometimes. Did they tell you when they'd be making their decision.

Becky, were you in a bad car accident? Have you gone to a pain center or anything like that for your headaches. Also will pray for your friend. My mom died when I was 26 it was sudden and it took me a LONG time until I was okay.

Lauren glad to hear you're working on it. You still have what 15 hours or so! (says the person who is still polishing hers up!)

I had a story I liked but even though it talked about some great teachers, there was one not good teacher in the bunch and I was worried that it might give all teachers a bad rap so I had another story that's not quite as dramatic as the first one and isn't out of the box. The first one was out of the box because what you thought was gossip turned out to be true. So I'm glad I switched because it was probably far enough out of the box that it was off topic!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Hellooooooooooooo everyone. It is 00:35 in South Africa and it seems that sleep is not quite there for me yet. No I AM tired but little Miss Owami has decided that tonight is a good night to not sleep.
I must add that this can be because of the thunderstorm that has been going since about 9:00pm. Lightning has been dancing on the ocean and in true thunderstorm spirit it has been thunderous.
I am sooooooooooo tired I can't think. I have not entered the challenge because it was month end again. Can you believe it??? Just the other day we had to do the same thing. I don't know what it is but month end seems very popular over here in SA. It rolls by every 30 or 31 days - like clock work!! Never gives me a break, darn!!
Ok, enough of being stupid....must be because I am tired. I need to bath and get to bad but little madam is still wide eyed. :cry:
Tiara I love the cover of your book, once ready I must have a copy to tell all my friends that I know the author, well 'technologically' speaking.
Amy I have prayed for you and only one sentence for you young lady: 'Let go and let God'.
Shann I hope you feel better soon.
Everyone else.....love you lots, or like my husband always says, love you lots more than jelly tots! :P
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Shann wrote:Becky, were you in a bad car accident? Have you gone to a pain center or anything like that for your headaches. Also will pray for your friend. My mom died when I was 26 it was sudden and it took me a LONG time until I was okay.
The car accident could of been worse, a lot worse! Both cars were totaled, it was the other guys fault not my friends. We were on our way to prayer meeting and it happened maybe 5 minutes from my house. I've been getting back pain since the accident, and toes because they were broken.

I think there was more emotional damage than anything else. I'll have dreams of the accident. Right after it happened I had a nightmare every night about a bunch of different car accidents. I can't stand being in the car, it drives me insane and sometimes I feel like screaming... especially if it's dark out. I don't even have my drivers license yet and after the car accident it makes me not want it.

*SIGH*

sorry for rambling :( :cry2
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Rebecky wrote:bluh. :oops:

Still not feeling well..? Sorry.

As for the rambling... If talking about it helps put it in prospective then by all means do so. Letting others know what bothers you helps us to know how better to pray for your well being.

Praying for all you Nano-bites, working so hard to sit in front of the computer all day, typing away. Keep it up. You can do it. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:19 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:

As for the rambling... If talking about it helps put it in prospective then by all means do so. Letting others know what bothers you helps us to know how better to pray for your well being.

Praying for all you Nano-bites, working so hard to sit in front of the computer all day, typing away. Keep it up. You can do it. :mrgreen:
Not really.

and, I try not to ramble so much, I feel like a nuisance
:| :|

Now listening to Selah while I write for NaNo... just hit over 8,000 words
Dum Spiro Spero

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:Tiara, the cover is beautiful! That boy is a real cutie too! I think the girl resembles you! :)
I don't see it and I am prettier but whatever! Thanks Barb
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Rebecky wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:

Not really.

and, I try not to ramble so much, I feel like a nuisance
:| :|

Now listening to Selah while I write for NaNo... just hit over 8,000 words
wow good job. my playlist is tenth ave's and the newsboys new cd's
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”