Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:23 pm

writermom wrote:hey, ANYBODY....don't leave me now.....I need help. I can't even get it to load from my photobucket account. What am I doing wrong? I don't know HOW I got my profile pic on the forums....I just figured somebody from the headquarters here at FW felt sorry for me and magically made it work. Honest, I must have tried 50 times and to this day, don't know how I did it.

Lori, try taking it from here. Click on properties and copy entire address.

Paste it in your profile page where the avatar should go- that says from the web
Last edited by Ms. Barbie on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barb Culler

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:25 pm

8) Very cool Kara

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Bubbles, you do NOT want to do the url image code. You want to do the box marked "Direct Link" or something, I can't remember and Photobucket is being stupid for me. It should just be a link starting with "http" and ending with ".jpg" or ".png". Paste that into the avatar box and it should work.
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Hey Barb...it worked, I did it for Lori from your pic on here, BUT....how come your pic is big? Lori and I want to know how to enlarge ours.

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:37 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Hey Barb...it worked, I did it for Lori from your pic on here, BUT....how come your pic is big? Lori and I want to know how to enlarge ours.
I used one from her FaceBook page. Let met try another one...

Barb Culler

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Trying to get the middle sized version....
Barb Culler

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:46 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:Trying to get the middle sized version....

IS THIS ONE OK?
Barb Culler

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Barb, you're a sweeheart...thank you for Lori and me. However....the big one works fine but the medium size (which is what Lori wants) won't take. Any ideas why?
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:56 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Princess Sushi...that is so cool that you're sister adopted the 6 year old. What a blessing, unless your parents wanted to keep her?. And last but not least....you are so welcome.
No my parents don't really have the time for a little one- and I might as well tell you lot there rest. My sister has actually been her caregiver and mother since Emma was about 2. The thing is my parents started fostering her in the likeliness she would be adopted, but just a couple months after she came to live with us she got really sick with pneumonia and wasn't getting better. Which is the tell-tale sign of HIV positive. She had already been tested, because her mother had died of the disease, but had been negative. She was tested again, and was positive.

So being special needs, it was unlikely she would be adopted, which then opened the opportunity for my parents to adopt her, since my sister is single and poor.

My parents on the other hand have 4 Thai teenage girls living with them, and yesterday a Burmese girl moved in. All but one have parents, but are from villages where education isn't really an option, and girls generally get married and start having babies at 14.

I'm probably making it sound more dramatic than it is....
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Kara, that story is amazing. I wish I could adopt a kid. I realize I should probably finish school first.
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:58 pm

writermom wrote:Barb, you're a sweeheart...thank you for Lori and me. However....the big one works fine but the medium size (which is what Lori wants) won't take. Any ideas why?

If the others took, this should too... Did you get all the address in it?

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 4865_s.jpg
Last edited by Ms. Barbie on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barb Culler

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:59 pm

Hey Kara....no you're not making it sound worse than it is....that's heavy and I am just awed at the love your parents have for other children and yes, a little one with teenage girls is a lot. God Love them!
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:03 am

Doing the picture link from FaceBook doesnt work as well, they always come out too big and expand the page here when you post. You need the one from PhotoBucket. when viewing the album page with the photo, under that pic you will see the listing of links. Copy the "Dirdect Link" then come back here and paste that into the Avatar link on the set up page.
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:03 am

I just read 2 whole pages of mumble-jumble that I didn't understand. That's why I keep my husband around, I'd end up throwing the computer out the window then when winter comes it would snow but hey I like it cold hmm maybe I should chuck it out the window.

Back when we were first married and I still could do no wrong I remember him waking me up in the middle of the night asking if he could please close the window now cuz there was a layer of snow on his face.

I don't entirely think he didn't want me to be uncomfortable so he asked my permission to close the window, although at the time I did. But now I figure he did it cuz I never would have believed there was snow on his face without seeing it.

But I digress I really got on to say I appreciate your story, Kara. it must be really hard for your sister to have to answer so many personal questions. Esp. if she's a single Mom in Thailand, I'm sure there are people there that would frown upon that or make assumptions.

Oh yeah I also wanted to tell you Kara, that I was updating the who's who list for Shari today, and it was like a rock hit me in the head. I knew your name was a variation of tongue tied, but I never got the Thai part until I was typing it out. I laughed like an idiot at myself.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:12 am

Wee ooooh Eeeee,.....it's Bubbles again...KARA...that was me, not writer mom....man, I'm dizzy and tired and burnt from all this.... :eyes

Return to “The Water Cooler”