Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Amen Timmy-Tot!

BarbI am trying to help writermom with her forum profile page and it's the blind leading the blind :)

Anyway, she sent me your directions....and I need to know what I'm doing wrong.

1. opened her facebook page...do i go to her photo album with her profile pic and then hit the one I want and then....
2. copy that URL to the forum...ADDING [img]before%20it%20and[/img]behind it?
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Barb....oops....Talk about the blind LEADING the blind....I'm using her log on right now :roll:

This is BUBBLES :shock:

BusBoss
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by BusBoss » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:30 pm

writermom wrote:Barb....oops....Talk about the blind LEADING the blind....I'm using her log on right now :roll:

This is BUBBLES :shock:
:roll:

Figures :wink: :lol:

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:31 pm

That goes for you too Timmy-Tot....THIS IS BUBBLES, using writermom.....LOL, I am cracking meself up!

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:32 pm

If you're talking about a profile pic, for some reason that method doesn't always work from Facebook. I've been able to post pics to the forum from FB, but I had a lot of trouble making it work for my profile pic so I finally just used my Photobucket account.

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Okay...yippee, help has arrived (this is Bubbles again in case you couldn't guess) :) :rolling :heehee

Anyway, that's what I tried to do and resized the pic like 6 times but it was squished. I even tried 65 x 100. heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:37 pm

This is Barb, disquised as Barbie. It should work, that is how I do it. Open the photo and click on properties. A new page opens with all the info.

OOPS, MY BAD.... For the avatar profile pic, do not include img before and after address. That is for posting photos in these boxes.

Sorry.... :oops:
Barb Culler

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:47 pm

It's Bubbles here....that was cute Barbie-Barb! It's not working and I got really confused when you said look at properties.

okay, I'm at facebook home
then hit photos
then hit profile photos
and just copy the url after bringing up the pic i want
and then paste into forums, right?

I was gonna say, Oh pooh, pooh....but didn't want TERROR to think I was giving her a jab :heehee ....but I really was....I know, I'm baaaaad!

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:54 pm

hey, ANYBODY....don't leave me now.....I need help. I can't even get it to load from my photobucket account. What am I doing wrong? I don't know HOW I got my profile pic on the forums....I just figured somebody from the headquarters here at FW felt sorry for me and magically made it work. Honest, I must have tried 50 times and to this day, don't know how I did it.

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:03 pm

You can edit the size in photobucket ... if it's too big it won't work. Click on the picture while in photobucket and you should have edit options when it opens in its own window

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:07 pm

Thanks Tim....I have 6 different sizes on Photobucket and one is like 66 x85....

I'm choosing the url image code and it isn't working. I tried to get Lori to get a photobucket account but she doesn't want to...do you think it's not working "from my computer" ?

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:16 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Very rarely do I come across anything that literally brings me to tears, but there is a song by Steven C Chapman that every time I hear it I can't help but cry.

For as long as I can remember all I have wanted in life was to settle down and raise a family of my own. A boy to pass on knowledge to, or a little girl to be my spoiled little princess. Now getting to an age that I must realize this dream Might not come about, I hear songs like this and nearly die from the sadness of it.

It has been out for some time but I thought I would share it with you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QLAexdyFi4
I really love that song. It was the song my dad and I danced at my wedding....sorry that probably doesn't help!!

This is actually a conversation I have a lot with my oldest sister. She is the oldest of 4 girls, and all of her sisters are married and have kids. People harass her a lot with questions of when she's going to find someone, or they know a guy that would be perfect for her. She knows they don't mean anything other than really wanting to help, but it does get to her.

Her situation is especially precarious as she is living here in Thailand, and with the help of my parents (in a very complex situation) has adopted the little girl my parents have been fostering since she was 11 months, now she's 6.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Okay, it's me again...Bubbles....like duh, I guess my log on will show now....Oh man...I give up, I gave up but if any of you have some good advice...I'll take it whenever. Oh, just advice about the profile pic :)

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:18 pm

Try the HTML link ... I can't really remember right now ... Brain has his parking brake set.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:19 pm

Princess Sushi...that is so cool that you're sister adopted the 6 year old. What a blessing, unless your parents wanted to keep her?. And last but not least....you are so welcome.

Return to “The Water Cooler”