Rules for posting

General information for members, new and old, about the forums and main site.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

slindsay

Rules for posting

Post by slindsay »

FaithWriters provides these forums for Christian fellowship, encouragement, inspiration, instruction, support and guidance. It is a place where you can receive answers to your Urgent Prayer Requests, relax in The Water Cooler, take part in a thought provoking Bible Study, look at your beliefs in the Theology Section, and so very much more.

New members, we ask that you introduce yourselves in the Newbies Nook before posting to other forums. You will be given a warm welcome and we hope you will feel very much at home. Please feel free to share as much or as little about yourself as you feel comfortable doing.

Because of the very relational nature of this community, members grow to feel comfortable in being transparent. We often share the deepest desires of our hearts and profound personal struggles, allowing each other to see the scars in our hearts. This openness is what has turned an online community into a family of faith. For this reason, it is important that all members understand the need for unity and peace here at FaithWriters. This is not a place for quarrels or confrontations - it is a place of peace, love, encouragement, and comfort.

All members are encouraged to read James 3:1-12, and approach this community from this Biblical perspective. Remember, "Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body."

In a community such as this, where every kind of question is welcomed and discussed, there are bound to be some who may feel offended and feel "led" to post an indignant response. These types of posts are found on every Christian bulletin board on the Internet ... except FaithWriters. If you feel led to attack another member, let me offer a single word of caution: Don't.

If you find yourself upset or offended by a post made by another member, we ask that you first approach the member privately (using the free private message service here on the boards) and discuss your concerns gently and with grace. If, after private discussion, the issue has not been resolved, only then should you contact a Moderator to discuss the matter. At no point should personal attacks be made publicly, or privately, against another member.

We do not mean that everyone should agree with everyone or be lockstepped in thought and attitude. Disagreeing with an opinion is very different to being critical about a person or rude to them. So while you may discuss differences of opinion, please always do so with respect and grace toward the person. As Christian writers, we should take great care to always communicate effectively and in a way that is honoring to God.

FaithWriters reserves the right to delete hate posts or those that are disrespectful to others, and to ban the member who leaves them. We do not allow sexually explicit or vulgar posts, obscene or offensive language, or prejudice.

Together, we can build this ministry for the Lord, and reach thousands of other people in need of the support and encouragement that we all enjoy here, without fear of being judged. Thank you so much for helping to make FaithWriters such an amazing community. I personally appreciate your efforts more than words can say!

Thank you and God Bless,
Scott Lindsay
hebrews412
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Introduction

Post by hebrews412 »

Hello! FaithWriters community, I am a new member to the community, and look forward to interacting with and in the community of FaithWriters. At this time I am just looking around trying to find my way, I know this will be of great benefit to me as it is also to you . Look forward to chating with you. Sincerely, hebrews412
tomoral
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Re: Rules for posting

Post by tomoral »

I think you are gonna love this site hebrew....I joined three months ago and I have found many new friends in Christ and have realized a dream. I can't get enough.

Btw....can someone tell me how to get my picture in the place where the pencil is? God Bless.
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

tomoral wrote:Btw....can someone tell me how to get my picture in the place where the pencil is? God Bless.
Have a look at this FAQ. It should help you. If you get stuck, let us know.

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... =35&t=3702

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

ChristianJeff
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by ChristianJeff »

I have found this site to be very inspirational and helpful. I am a Graduate student in Counseling. If there are any Counselor's out there, I would like to chat with you. About incorporating your writing and faith into your work. Thank you
hebrews412
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by hebrews412 »

HELLO! FaithWriters family, I have been missing in action because of my work, my schedule has been crazy due to reque for more time. My respect for the opinions of everyone at faith writers has not changed. I know the cretique and opinion of all who give it is of utmost importance to me, so that I can grow. i will be involved as soon as i can get from under this work. I am a care giver and a lot of my time is spent helping others, which i do enjoy. I have no ill feelings aganist honest critque, which faith writers provides,again THANK YOU AND MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS EVERYTHINgG FAITHWRITERS PUTS IT HAND TO DO AMEN! SEE YOU SOON.
JaniceW
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by JaniceW »

Question? When I post my stories, poems and so forth, the paragraphs are bunched up and the sentences run together. I write in my Word program, then copy and paste into the space. I make sure I paragraph correctly but after copying and pasting they appear on this site without proper paragraphs and no spacing. WHAT am I doing wrong?
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Janice.

Formatting in Word is not transferred over when you submit your articles, although I would have thought white space would have been.

Copy and paste your article into the submission box and then hit preview. From there, you can manually add in the double space between paragraphs (if it's not showing).

If you want to add other things, such as indents, centering, italics, bold, etc., you need to use a little HTML code. You can find the basic ones here:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... =35&t=3697

Hope that helps.

I should mention, just use a double space between paragraphs. Indenting is not necessary for online submissions (or in publishing generally).

Love, Deb
Deb

JaniceW
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by JaniceW »

Thanks Deb. I think I finally figured it out! :thankssign
clarissa
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by clarissa »

Hello , ladies & gentleman , (community)of Faithwriters - I am (48 hrs. old) :superhappy in new member. Still fishing , dipping , and dabbling , trying to get the feel of things. (GETTING PLUGGED IN)
and involved.(LEARNING). Hope I'm on the right page. This is an HONOR and a true BLESSING .
" HONORED TO BE A PART OF... "Thank you , JESUS! Looking forward...(70X7)
HEBREWS 4:12-13 favorite scripture :D
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Welcome Clarissa. Make yourself at home. :D

Love, Deb
Deb

lauralnm
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by lauralnm »

Welcome! :welcome Glad to have you on board! blessings... laura
Laurie
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Laurie »

Hi Clarissa. Welcome to FW. Feel free to post any questions you have and/or just jump into any of the conversations we're having. :)
Shann

Post by Shann »

clarissa wrote:Hello , ladies & gentleman , (community)of Faithwriters - I am (48 hrs. old) :superhappy in new member. Still fishing , dipping , and dabbling , trying to get the feel of things. (GETTING PLUGGED IN)
and involved.(LEARNING). Hope I'm on the right page. This is an HONOR and a true BLESSING .
" HONORED TO BE A PART OF... "Thank you , JESUS! Looking forward...(70X7)
HEBREWS 4:12-13 favorite scripture :D
I Clarissa! I'm so delighted you found this delightful site. It is incredible. I've made friends from all over the world. You may want to pop into the newbie nook and introduce yourself there because I think more people might see it there. Here is the link: http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php

A good place for writing questions is the Open Forum. Here is that link: http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php

And the water cooler is a cool place to talk about other topics:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php

Also check out the writing challenge. It's an awesome place to see the different ways people can interpret the same topic. If you can afford the few dollars a month to become a gold or platinum member it is so worth it. You can enter the challenge and get quite a bit of feedback about your writing along with many other cool options! Welcome :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
clarissa
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by clarissa »

Hi DEB, thanks for the acknowledgment and the (very warm welcome) .DEB I have a few questions minor round the clock questions , don't wanna burden nobody. who can i get acquainted with daily concerning these questions. ...Clarissa (70x7)

Return to “FaithWriters Information/Announcements”