Rules for posting

General information for members, new and old, about the forums and main site.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

clarissa
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Rules for posting

Post by clarissa »

Laurie wrote:Hi Clarissa. Welcome to FW. Feel free to post any questions you have and/or just jump into any of the conversations we're having. :)
Hi Laurie Thanks for the welcome ... This is a BLESSING and a pleasure to have met you , just wrote DEB appreciating her warm welcome and hoping for some guidance. Still trying to get the feel of things :wink: (GOD BLESS...) CLARISSA. (70X7).
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

clarissa wrote:Hi DEB, thanks for the acknowledgment and the (very warm welcome) .DEB I have a few questions minor round the clock questions , don't wanna burden nobody. who can i get acquainted with daily concerning these questions. ...Clarissa (70x7)
Just post your questions, and don't worry about burdening anybody. One thing to do is to look through the FAQ, which may answer some of your questions. Otherwise, feel free to post away :) Someone will be along to help.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07
HeartSpeaks
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Rules for deleting

Post by HeartSpeaks »

How do I delete posts? How do I get to my inbox from the home page? I received a private message that was cryptic to me: "Please delete your posts to maximize our system." Did I do something wrong?

I assume that the message above meant to delete the stuff in my in-box, but I can't find the delete button or access the inbox even though I registered two days ago.
RedBaron

Re: Rules for deleting

Post by RedBaron »

HeartSpeaks wrote:How do I delete posts? How do I get to my inbox from the home page? I received a private message that was cryptic to me: "Please delete your posts to maximize our system." Did I do something wrong?

I assume that the message above meant to delete the stuff in my in-box, but I can't find the delete button or access the inbox even though I registered two days ago.
There are two different PM systems. The one on the forum and the paid PM service that is part of the FW 500 accounts. To delete any PMs here, just click on the 0 New Messages above (or whatever number is there) and delete any you no longer need.

If you don't have the PM service, you can't access those messages, so don't worry about it. If it for the paid PM, the link will be in the email you received. If you are a FW 500 member and don't have access to your PM in box, go here to email FW and it will get taken care of.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Shann

Post by Shann »

There are two different PM's that you can get. The main one shows up after you log in and then in a yellow box it'll tell you if you have messages. You get to it my scrolling to the top of the page and hit the button about in the middle of the page that says log in. For those you can just push the delete button that is next to the lists of PMs or after you read the message.

The other PM is from the boards and everyone can have free access to it (the first one I talked about you have to be a paid member or pay to receive the PM) But the one situated with the boards you can get to by looking up and to the left. It is right under the words Board index and it's called user control panel. If you click on that it will give you a bunch of tabs one that says messages. (Or you don't even have to go into that section because right next to it there is a thing that says blank new messages and you can click on that to see your messages. )

I hope that helped and didn't confuse you more. Let me reassure you that you did nothing wrong. Everyone gets that message to delete their messages they don't need. If too many get built up then it could bog down the system and make it run slower.

Now if I totally misunderstood you because you asked about deleting your posts which is the things you write on the message boards (like this here is a post) The only way to delete them is if no one else has posted a message under you. If they haven't you can run the mouse over the box and in the right hand corner a little box with an x in it will come up and if you click on that you can delete your posts. Or if someone has posted under you then your only choice is to edit it. But I don't think you're talking about the message boards as that won't bog the siter down and the moderators can delete the posts or threads if need be.

I'm not real computer techie (Personally I think the computers conspire against me to make me even wackier than I am on my own) so I hope this helps answer your question. If not maybe someone who uses words other than doo-hickey can help. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

With the PMs, the system at FaithWriters (not here on the boards) asks that we delete private messages we've received once we're finished with them. It's just a space issue. If you want to keep something, you could copy it and email it to yourself (that's what I do).

With the PMs here on the boards, you do need to delete them once you've responded only so you don't run out of space for new messages (which happens to me all the time).

Generally speaking, though, there is very little you can do wrong at FaithWriters. We all make mistakes, but it's rare for anything to be unfixable. The best way to discover things is to explore and try different things. If you get stuck, send a message to FaithWriters admin via the contact form at FaithWriters. Or pop over here and start a new discussion by posting a question in one of the forums (although, probably not this one as it could get overlooked).

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Colswann1
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Colswann1 »

I would just like to add that private messages are for both 500 members and gold members. :)
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.
JMcCauley
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by JMcCauley »

Hello there!

Looking forward to being a part of this community! I am very eager to get in and start writing - something I have put off for way too long.

I have reached the point in my life where I'm not making anymore excuses - I'm just going to start putting my desire for writing to use; however that may be! :)

Thanks for making this community a possibility. I look forward to meeting other writers and learning from you all. Excited to see how God uses each of us for his glory.

Jennifer -
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Jennifer.

Lovely to have you with us. Make yourself at home.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Shann

Post by Shann »

Jennifer! Welcome to FW! This is the perfect place to fellowship with other Christians all while honing your writing abilities. Almost three years ago, God answered my prayers and led me here. What a wonderful three years it has been. I can't believe how much my life has changed. The biggest thing is my health has improved so much I used to need to go to the hospital every 6 weeks to three months. But thanks to prayers it was discovered I had severe sleep apnea and with proper treatment my chronic problems have decreased and for the first time in 24 years I I'm made it to December and haven't been admitted at all!

The next cool thing is I've made friends from all aver the world. I never dreamed a small town girl in the middle of nowhere would find friends allover the states as well as Africa, England, Thailand and Latina. A lot of these people I talk to daily either through the message boards or txt. So don't hesitate to jump into any conversations. This is a great place to make friends.

The weekly writing challenge has made a huge difference in my writing ability. There is a new topic each week. (the next quarter starts in Jan.) Because so many people are writing on the same topic, it's vital to have a unique approach to it. The word limit of 150 to 750 has helped me tighten up my sentences. At first I would need to cut several hundred words but now I'm down to only a couple of hundred. The best thing is having a deadline prevents me from procrastinating too much and I'm writing on a regular basis. The feedback from others who truly want to help has taught me all kinds of things. You need to be a gold or platinum members to participate but starting in January the silver members will get a chance to try the challenge for free for four times throughout the year.

There are lots of other great things to checkout and explore. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have. I look forward to seeing you on the boards and to read some of your work! :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
Cinda
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Cinda »

Hi, My name is Cinda and I am new here at Faith Writers.com...Both my husband and I are retired and enjoy the time we have together on a regular basis...I am truly thankful to the Lord for leading me to Faith Writers. com...I love reading the different articles that others have written and how the Lord uses them to help me grow in the Lord...I am a new writer and love to express myself on paper and share God's message through poetry and in sharing the gospel of Christ in hopes that it will plants seeds along the way for others to read and to take root...I am testing the waters to see if God would use me for writing articles...In any case I am having a lot of fun just by being here...Hope to see you soon ! :) God Bless all who participate in Faith Writers, Cinda M Carter
Shann

Post by Shann »

Hi Finds! Welcome to FW! It is an amazing place! I have been so blessed these last three years. I can't even begin to tell you all the wonderful things that have happened to me since joining. My writing is in a totally different league than when I fist joined. I've made tons of friends too and received some paid editing jobs and have had stories published. This is an amazing site.

I'm delighted you found us and that you have started jumping in and reading stories and threads. You may want to consider going to this threadhttp://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3
to introduce yourself because more people may see it there. Either way, I'm glad you found us and I look forward to getting to know you. :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Maretha
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Maretha »

Hi Everone

I am new :shock: and still trying to find may way around on the website. From the looks of it and the sounds of all your comments I am sure I am in for a good time. :superhappy

Kindest regards
Maretha
rulbredtch
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by rulbredtch »

Hello, My name is Robin Ulbredtch. I am new to Faithwriter.com I recently posted on the Newbie Forum and am waiting for a response. I read the rules, and agree that as scripture says, "The tongue has the power of life and death. These rules help protect us all from getting hurt. thankssign
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

Hi and :welcome

Hopefully some folks will be able to give you some ideas on marketing. I'll try to post some later. Just popping in before I get my morning nap in (husband leaves for work at 5:30 am, I sneak a nap in again till the kids get up at 8 most mornings). Not awake enough for any serious posts :D
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Return to “FaithWriters Information/Announcements”