To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Hello from the Pacific Northwest!

A place for new members to introduce themselves and to be welcomed to the FaithWriters' Community. Don't be shy. We love meeting new brothers and sisters in Christ.

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards, Shann

RVenema
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Hello from the Pacific Northwest!

Postby RVenema » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Hello, I am a newbie to Faithwriters and I am super excited especially where it comes to the writing challenge. I enjoy writing, but I'm still trying to figure out where that fits in with everyday life- raising 4 small children, cooking, cleaning, errands. There really isn't much time in the day! (Night writer?) I'm hoping to get a little more serious with writing as I want to use whatever talents God has given to me for His purpose and for His glory!

Take Care and Thanks for welcoming me!

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest!

Postby Deb Porter » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:07 am

Hello and welcome! I'm so glad you've jumped into the Challenge. It's a great way to hone your skills (and have some fun at the same time). I totally understand that squeeze to fit writing in at this time in your life. Not easy, but do it when you can. There will come a day when you have a bit more space. :D

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Shann

Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest!

Postby Shann » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Howdy! Welcome to FW. We have quite a few people from your neck of the woods, although many aren't on the message boards much any more.

I'm so happy you found us and am excited you have discovered the challenge already. I learned so much because of the challenge including how to write to a topic, use a deadline (which is great because otherwise I procrastinate), how to tighten my writing so it fits in the word limit.

I have also learned a lot from leaving comments on others. At first I thought I wasn't experienced enough to leave constructive feedback because I hadn't been writing for a long time, but then I realized that writers don't write for writers, but for readers and I have been reading since I was 5!

I bet you have a lot of goid ideas from being a busy mom. I am a grandmother to two little girls and they exhaust me! You will figure out a way to balance it all though. If God is promoting you to write, he will make sure to provide a way for you to use your talents. :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to Newbie Nook