WK 3 Topic: FEET Challenge

Discuss everything to do with the Writing Challenge. Feel free to ask questions and find a Challenge buddy.
http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

Moderators: Deb Porter, itsjoanne, RedBaron

itsjoanne

WK 3 Topic: FEET Challenge

Post by itsjoanne » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi there, Challengeers. I will stand on the Week 3 topic:

FEET
http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

Feet are the plural of foot (obviously). They are either the things at the end of our legs (hello down there), or they are a measurement of distance (for those places in the world that haven’t converted to the metric system).

We can drag them, fall on them, get back on them, be swept off them, and stand on our own two of them.

You don’t need a dictionary definition, but here’s one anyway:

FEET
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/feet

As always, have fun with the topic. You can write in any genre or style you like, AS LONG AS SOME MEANING OF THE TOPIC IS THE MAIN FOCUS OF YOUR ENTRY ... and as long as the entry conforms to the rules.

DON’T FORGET the new Challenge rule. Every entry must communicate some form of Christian message or spiritual truth. For fiction writers, if your message is subtle or allegorical, please include a scripture at the end of the entry in order to highlight the intended message for the reader.

As always, remember to check your word count before submitting (entries must be between 150 and 750 words). A very reliable and free online word count check tool is this one:

http://www.wordcountertool.com/

PLEASE, always hit the preview button to check your entry before hitting the final submit button. This is the only way to make sure your entry is uploaded correctly. This is very important, particularly if you are using HTML code for the first time. Once you have previewed your entry, close the preview page and hit the submit button.

Finally, once submitted, do a check to make sure your entry is safely in the list:
http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/wc-entry-list.php.

Where will your feet lead you for this week’s Challenge? Hope it’s straight to the submission page at FaithWriters. See you in the list.

Love, Joanne
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Writing Challenge Coordinator
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook

Shann

Re: WK 3 Topic: FEET Challenge

Post by Shann » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:11 pm

This probably isn't the place to comment this, but I can make it fit! Joanne, you are doing an amazing job. You had big shoes to fill, but your feet seem like they were born in those shoes. I'm so impressed with you, proud too, and so very grateful. Just wanted to let you know you're very much appreciated, especially your feet filling those shoes. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Ms. Barbie » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:18 pm

AMEN to what Shann said! I love your enthusiasm. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
Barb Culler

itsjoanne

Post by itsjoanne » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:39 pm

Shann wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:11 pm
This probably isn't the place to comment this, but I can make it fit! Joanne, you are doing an amazing job. You had big shoes to fill, but your feet seem like they were born in those shoes. I'm so impressed with you, proud too, and so very grateful. Just wanted to let you know you're very much appreciated, especially your feet filling those shoes. :mrgreen:
Ms. Barbie wrote:AMEN to what Shann said! I love your enthusiasm. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
Aww - thanks, Shann and Barb! You are sweet. I am having lots of fun.
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook

Karlene
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Karlene » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm

itsjoanne wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:39 pm
Shann wrote:
Ms. Barbie wrote:AMEN to what Shann said! I love your enthusiasm. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
So, this made me go and research what prompted the change of the guard. I am so excited for you Jo! :superhappy Deb chose an absolute gem to fill a pair of shoes that would carry the baton from where she handed it off. They are unique to you. Fantastic! :clap :party
Penning words for the heart and soul,
Karls

itsjoanne

Post by itsjoanne » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:48 am

Thanks, Karls :) Love ya
Karlene wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm
itsjoanne wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:39 pm
Shann wrote:
So, this made me go and research what prompted the change of the guard. I am so excited for you Jo! :superhappy Deb chose an absolute gem to fill a pair of shoes that would carry the baton from where she handed it off. They are unique to you. Fantastic! :clap :party
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook

cori67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cori67 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:36 pm

What a feat! I entered the "Feet" challenge - this is my third consecutive week! Sole-power baby! I no longer feel like a heel for missing so many challenges. Putting my digital footprint out there again. So glad I stepped up. OK - I crack myself up. :lol: :) :o

itsjoanne

Post by itsjoanne » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:11 pm

cori67 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:36 pm
What a feat! I entered the "Feet" challenge - this is my third consecutive week! Sole-power baby! I no longer feel like a heel for missing so many challenges. Putting my digital footprint out there again. So glad I stepped up. OK - I crack myself up. :lol: :) :o
Cori's back!!!!!! :P
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook

cori67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cori67 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:03 pm

LOL! I could go on and on - but then I might not be toeing the line...

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:42 pm

itsjoanne wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:11 pm
cori67 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:36 pm
Cori's back!!!!!! :P
This made me smile too. I actually wrote a feet story too! I still need to edit it and cut a few hundred words, but I wrote something!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:39 pm

Joanne, we need to get your name here on the boards to be nice, big, bold, and red like Deb's. :D And yes, you're doing a great job.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Return to “Writing Challenge - General Discussion”