To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Wk 2 Topic - RASH

Discuss everything to do with the Writing Challenge. Feel free to ask questions and find a Challenge buddy.
http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Wk 2 Topic - RASH

Postby Deb Porter » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi there, Challengeers. This week’s topic has a couple of interpretations. One will make you itch (noun) and the other will lead to regret (adjective). The Week 2 topic is:

RASH
http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

There are times we may have a rash … and there are times we may be rash. Check the dictionary if you aren’t sure:

RASH
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/rash

Which rash came first to mind for you? Let’s look at the adjective first. If we are rash, it means we’ve jumped into something without giving much thought to the consequences. This would be rash: She jumped into the lake without reading the warning signs about crocodiles.

Leaving crocodiles out of the picture for the moment, have you ever made a quick promise to do something without thinking through what that will involve? If you have (and most of us have probably done that), then that was a rash promise.

That’s the adjective, but I’m itching to talk about the noun. That’s where we most often think of the skin irritation type of rash, but it can also mean an outbreak of something. For example, “There has been a rash of vandalism in the area over the last few weeks.”

Have fun with the topic. You can write in any genre or style you like, AS LONG AS SOME MEANING OF THE TOPIC, RASH, IS THE MAIN FOCUS OF YOUR ENTRY ... and as long as the entry conforms to the rules.

DON’T FORGET the new Challenge rule.
Every entry must communicate some form of Christian message or spiritual truth. For fiction writers, if your message is subtle or allegorical, please include a scripture at the end of the entry in order to highlight the intended message for the reader.

As always, don't forget to check your word count before submitting (entries must be between 150 and 750 words). A very reliable and free online word count check tool is this one:

http://www.wordcountertool.com/

PLEASE, always hit the preview button to check your entry before hitting the final submit button. This is the only way to make sure your entry is uploaded correctly. This is very important, particularly if you are using HTML code for the first time. Once you have previewed your entry, close the preview page and hit the submit button.

Finally, once submitted, do a check to make sure your entry is safely in the list:

http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/wc-entry-list.php.

We won’t think you rash if you enter the Challenge this week. Come on, scratch that writing itch.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

trudynewell
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Re: Wk 2 Topic - RASH

Postby trudynewell » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:09 am

Hi Deb, Michael and all

Just an update. No, I haven't forgotten how to write. Mike and I have both been so very sick with bronchitis - one or the other of us - since December. After my third round of antibiotic (I think?) I'm almost back to normal. Mike has really suffered - but is so much better now.

God has been good to both of us. We're glad the long, hard winter has past -and the sun is shining!

My entry is in - not perfect - and I've never tried anything like this before, one of the fun things about the 'Challenge"

Thanks for encouraging us to write!!!! I have at least five partially finished 'challenge' pieces which I plan to complete in the next week. If they are good enough I may put them in the article section.

Love to all - Trudy

Deb Porter

Re: Wk 2 Topic - RASH

Postby Deb Porter » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Good on you, Trudy, and glad to know you're both much better now.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to Writing Challenge - General Discussion