Going on a Cruise

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, itsjoanne, Sparrow, RedBaron, cori67, beaedwards

Shann

Going on a Cruise

Post by Shann » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:38 am

I'm going on a cruise in two weeks from today. I'm sorry for the short notice, but I didn't think of it sooner. If anyone would like to send me their published books (no ebooks), I'm going to see about donating them to the ship library. It would be a great chance to get your books out on a worldwide venue. You can mail them to me, but I need to have it arrive by Dec 28, and I'd be happy to donate them to ship library. You could slip some cards in telling them if they want to buy book, where to get it. If interested, send me a PM and I'll give you my address. If I receive any after I've left for cruise or library won't ac ept it, I'll donate them to my local church library.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Going on a Cruise

Post by deejay » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:29 pm

What a wonderful idea! Enjoy your cruise!

oursilverstrands

Post by oursilverstrands » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:09 pm

Shann, I just read your post, and I want to tell you what a wonderful, thoughtful offer.

Yes, please have a fabulous time!

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60
https://grammyspen.com
Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks, I'm excited and counting down the days. It'll be nice to leave snow for some 80 degree weather! I received one book from someone so I'm excited to donate it!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RedBaron

Post by RedBaron » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:42 am

What a cool idea! Enjoy!
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:50 pm

Cruise was wonderful. After getting permission to leave Linda's book, Me, Ruby, and God) at the library, I went up to drop it off and before I could even put it on the shelf, another lady saw the cover and oohhed and awwwwed. She took it right out of my hands, thumbed through it and was super excited to read it. So technically, it never even made it to the shelves until she returned it a few days later. I have no doubt it will touch hearts all over the world!

The cruise was lovely. I wasn't able to physically do many things I'd dreamed of, but it was cool watching Lyd go fake skydiving and rock climbing. We all went up 300 feet into the air. I even made it to the beach for a few hours before it became too hard for me to walk in sand. We did get to do the escape room and scored one of the fastest times. It was cool to see 15 strangers all work together for a single purpose. There's a powerful message in that I'm sure! :wink:

I ended up falling down steps three times (the first two times were within minutes and at the same place). Someone jokingly commented that I was a slow learner; I agreed. I met a girl who is going to the same college I had attended, which is 20 minutes from our very rural town. She'd even been in my hometown before. I also played some trivia games and won key chains, highlighters, necklaces, rings, and charms and bracelets. It was great to have quality time with hubby and daughter. I am very blessed and grateful.
Shann

Shann's Profile

RedBaron

Post by RedBaron » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:58 pm

That's so cool!
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Return to “Open Forum - General Writing Discussion”